Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

This is a discussion on Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by d2jlking I did NOT get that from your many posts. Of course the 2nd amendment does NOT give a right of rebellion. ...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    I did NOT get that from your many posts. Of course the 2nd amendment does NOT give a right of rebellion. It does however guarantee that the citizenry has a right to be armed, and the most accurate interpretations of the amendment provide that the framers of the constitution and bill of rights did so in the event we would ever need to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government. So what are we arguing about?
    Exactly. Hop want to play both sides of the coin. He's trying to act like he is acknowledging the Second but then disavows its intent. It's not about rebellion Hop. The founders of our rebublic were pretty clear in what they wrote into the BoR. If the government chooses to break the legal constraints that the BoR set forth, it isn't rebellion at all, it's about securing a free state. That is the very reason they worded the Second Amendment the way they did and that's why they expressly left that right in the hands of the people, not the government.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Exactly. Hop want to play both sides of the coin. He's trying to act like he is acknowledging the Second but then disavows its intent. It's not about rebellion Hop. The founders of our rebublic were pretty clear in what they wrote into the BoR. If the government chooses to break the legal constraints that the BoR set forth, it isn't rebellion at all, it's about securing a free state. That is the very reason they worded the Second Amendment the way they did and that's why they expressly left that right in the hands of the people, not the government.
    Unfortunately it's the majority of "the people" who have given us today's government...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Unfortunately it's the majority of the people who have given us today's government...

No it's an active minority that won against an even less active minority; but I understand your point.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    No it's an active minority that won against an even less active minority; but I understand your point.
    Ouch man...

Painfully true...

I stand corrected!

edit: guess I should've said "the voting people"
    TX expat likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    I gave this one a "like" because it is technically true...

Think about not specifically what the 2A says, Hopyard, but the reasoning behind why it was included in the Bill of Rights...

Refer back to post #109 for the entirety...

But if it was considered "self-evident" that certain rights were unalienable...

Exactly how were/are the people going to "alter or abolish" a government that does not suit their collective needs in your opinion???

Talk or petition it out of existance???

See past the black and white...

Part in bold--- Precisely. That is why 1 A is first. (I just made that up but it sounds good.)
    kerberos likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Part in bold--- Precisely. That is why 1 A is first. (I just made that up but it sounds good.)
    I like it Hopyard...

I don't agree, but I like that you hold fast.

I'll just agree to disagree with you on this subject I guess...

These cars ain't going to fix themselves!

USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HDusmc View Post
    Prudence ... will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    THOMAS JEFFERSON
    We are of course quite far from absolute despotism. Please keep that in mind.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    CCRKBA to Obama: ‘Yes, there will be resistance’

CCRKBA to Obama:
    There is lawful and there is unlawful resistance. I just hope no one here is foolish enough, that should some
    ban or restriction pass Congress, get signed, and be upheld on initial requests for stays, no one who posts here
    is foolish enough to engage in unlawful resistance.

Happy New Year all.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    We are of course quite far from absolute despotism. Please keep that in mind.
    We most certainly are, and I pray every day that we never move anothor step in the wrong direction. Anyone that has ever experienced violence knows that is a terribly harsh and ugly thing, willing as I may be to do what needs to be done when and if the time comes, it is a future that I hope to never relize.

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    The reality is, we have 4 years of constant attacks on the 2nd Amendment to look forward to. There is a VERY real possibility one or more new anti-gun laws will get on the books during his second term. He pushed Obamacare through despite most Americans not wanting it. He will also seat at least one liberal SCOTUS judge in this term. If he pushes an anti-gun law through, there's a good chance it will be upheld in the SCOTUS with its new liberal majority.

While it's not a sure thing, you darn well better believe it can happen and it WILL happen if you don't make your voices heard. This is a war of attrition, you can't write one letter and think you've done your part. Even if we beat the 2013 AWB your job isn't over. We also face a ban on magazine capacity after the first of the year and if the first attempt at a new AWB gets shot down you can bet your next pay check a revised version will come to vote... and they'll continue that process until they ultimately get something through.
    SIXTO, oakchas, TX expat and 4 others like this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    No one is coming for your guns....repeat that until you understand it
    Really? There are already threads active right now demonstrating that this has already happened in NY, California, Louisiana, and elsewhere within the US and within the past generation. An example is NY requiring any carry gun to be registered, then passing a quiet little law banning high cap mags, and coming to peoples' homes, and confiscating the registered, and now illegal guns.

I'm also pretty sure that having a prescription for Xanex would exclude you from being able to purchase a firearm as it would indicate a mental illness, or require you to have been seen by a psychiatric doctor.

You have until Obama can appoint the one more justice to the supreme court, he promised you he would. He said The Supreme court got it wrong, and I will fix that when I appoint one more justice. His exact word. When he does Holder will file a case the court will take it and the 2nd will be redefined to mean it only applies to the Government. And you are done. He said it loud and clear. So all you stuff about law history ect is meaningless.
    The Constitution only say what 5 of 9 says it does and they are free to change it anytime they want. No Congress can not over ride them if they declare it unconstitutional and the will.
    Obama needs one more Justice he told you that you did not want to hear it. He does not care what happens with this new bill it is just play time for him.
    He told you 4 years ago he would take the guns he would have moved sooner if Hold had got it right with the guns in Mexico.
    TX expat, d2jlking, zacii and 3 others like this.

I think our government has more important things to worry about in the near future than gun control, they can't even agree on anything to prevent from going over the fiscal cliff, settling the farm bill or anything else........!!!! This country is heading down a dark road in 2013...................
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013

And there you have it folks. The new agenda for the new term.

Anyone still think it's not gonna happen?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    The reality is, we have 4 years of constant attacks on the 2nd Amendment to look forward to. There is a VERY real possibility one or more new anti-gun laws will get on the books during his second term. He pushed Obamacare through despite most Americans not wanting it. He will also seat at least one liberal SCOTUS judge in this term. If he pushes an anti-gun law through, there's a good chance it will be upheld in the SCOTUS with its new liberal majority.

While it's not a sure thing, you darn well better believe it can happen and it WILL happen if you don't make your voices heard. This is a war of attrition, you can't write one letter and think you've done your part. Even if we beat the 2013 AWB your job isn't over. We also face a ban on magazine capacity after the first of the year and if the first attempt at a new AWB gets shot down you can bet your next pay check a revised version will come to vote... and they'll continue that process until they ultimately get something through.
    Let's not forget that it's a war fought on the state level as well, so it's not just the federal level politicians that have to hear our voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You have until Obama can appoint the one more justice to the supreme court, he promised you he would. He said The Supreme court got it wrong, and I will fix that when I appoint one more justice. His exact word. When he does Holder will file a case the court will take it and the 2nd will be redefined to mean it only applies to the Government. And you are done. He said it loud and clear. So all you stuff about law history ect is meaningless.
    The Constitution only say what 5 of 9 says it does and they are free to change it anytime they want. No Congress can not over ride them if they declare it unconstitutional and the will.
    Obama needs one more Justice he told you that you did not want to hear it. He does not care what happens with this new bill it is just play time for him.
    He told you 4 years ago he would take the guns he would have moved sooner if Hold had got it right with the guns in Mexico.
    You got that right. It's amazing to me that his agenda is so clearly illustrated by Fast and Furious, yet so many willfully turn a blind eye to it.
    NRA Life Member

I think our government has more important things to worry about in the near future than gun control, they can't even agree on anything to prevent from going over the fiscal cliff, settling the farm bill or anything else........!!!! This country is heading down a dark road in 2013...................
    I agree...except I feel that's the exact reason they'll keep harping on gun control in 2013. It will take the sheep's minds off of the crappy economy, and the fact that the gov can't agree on a way to fix it.

Links