Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance' - Page 13

Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

This is a discussion on Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think part of the reason the democrats are unwilling to negotiate on the fiscal cliff is the polls showing republicans would shoulder most of ...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

I think part of the reason the democrats are unwilling to negotiate on the fiscal cliff is the polls showing republicans would shoulder most of the blame. Seems like Obama is playing chess and republicans playing checkers.
    Duisburg likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    I think part of the reason the democrats are unwilling to negotiate on the fiscal cliff is the polls showing republicans would shoulder most of the blame. Seems like Obama is playing chess and republicans playing checkers.
    Nope!

But, thanks for playing! And now more great hits from your fave station... KODC (stands for Knock Out Defensive Carry)

Taking caller 10 on the hit line, now!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Re:O declaring all weapons must be turned in - How would that occur? He lacks any such authority. Congress would have to act.
    In theory, you are right. O has, OTOH, stated that he is not opposed to end-running Congress. So far, Congress has failed to call him on it. If he gets a packed court, I doubt they will call him on it either. I could be wrong & I hope I am, but I would not bet on it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    I just opened a fortune cookie and it had the word "closed"-- no explanation. Wonder what that means?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    There is lawful and there is unlawful resistance. I just hope no one here is foolish enough, that should some
    ban or restriction pass Congress, get signed, and be upheld on initial requests for stays, no one who posts here
    is foolish enough to engage in unlawful resistance.

Happy New Year all.
    Lawful resistance is what I described in the thread The Peaceful Fight. Seems like most gun owners are unwilling to make the commitments to make that happen. If we lose it will be because we did not put forth any real effort or make any serious sacrifice for the ideals we claim to hold so dearly.
    Doghandler and oakchas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Nope!

But, thanks for playing! And now more great hits from your fave station... KODC (stands for Knock Out Defensive Carry)

Taking caller 10 on the hit line, now!
    ok, in your opinion.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    I just opened a fortune cookie and it had the word "closed"-- no explanation. Wonder what that means?
    It was probably in reference to one of the many failed "green energy" companies that the community organizer wasted our tax dollars on.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Not sure why it posted my reply twice!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

It means this thread has run its course.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    It means this thread has run its course.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    True enough, it's even making me more snarky!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    In theory, you are right. O has, OTOH, stated that he is not opposed to end-running Congress. So far, Congress has failed to call him on it. If he gets a packed court, I doubt they will call him on it either. I could be wrong & I hope I am, but I would not bet on it.
    Let me see if I can make this point clear...
    NO executive order supersedes the Constitution or the Bill of rights. Got that? Good, next

SCOTUS can only interpret the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They CANNOT alter it or amend it. PERIOD!
    You CAN fight even SCOTUS on the legality of interpretation, their say is not final. WE THE PEOPLE are the true masters of the courts and congress.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357024748.396891.jpg

Obama is a tool. He has NO authority to write legislation and has no authority to "skirt" congress with an EO, its just that WE THE PEOPLE have not called him on it.

I am also amazed that people here think that the 2A affords us no right to abolish government that is out of control. How old are you guys? Didn't you learn any of this in school? It appears that some of you think that the way things are run are OK and there isn't much, or anything, that can be done to change it.
    Our founding fathers new damn well that one day, we might have to march on Washington to take it back. Do you think that will be done with pitch forks and torches? No, it will be done in mass with weapons equivalent to our modern army.
    By the way, who made the comment that "we wouldn't stand a chance" against the military might of our army? Did you forget about Afghanistan and the freedom fighters there? You know, the Taliban and the freedom fighters who kicked Russia's azz and sent them packing? Guys, if you need me to spell out how the lowly farmers were able to defeat a super power like Russia, look it up.

I hear you, CharlesMorri, believe me I do. Why just this morning I stepped out to my porch to sniff the winds and I was the only one there. Mars has not awakened to the prayers and his Dogs are not howling, not yet.

The legal matters of which you speak are not exhausted before they have started.

The world is a ghetto
    War
    Hopyard likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    There is lawful and there is unlawful resistance. I just hope no one here is foolish enough, that should some
    ban or restriction pass Congress, get signed, and be upheld on initial requests for stays, no one who posts here
    is foolish enough to engage in unlawful resistance.

Happy New Year all.
    I think that if such legislation come to be that there will indeed be UNLAWFUL resistance. As was discussed in a thread a few days ago (good luck trying to search it out), when the gun bans were put into place throughout Europe, the compliance with the law was in the single digits. Claims that your guns were lost in a boating accident while burying them in the backyard would be UNLAWFUL resistance. What I think you really mean was that you hope that the resistance in not violent. There is good cause to hope that should our worst fears occur, that the resistance is not violent because I think that it could erupt into a major national conflict, much like John Brown is accredited with being a major cause of the first US Civil war.

As I have mentioned in other threads in the past, historically speaking, society goes through a great crisis every 80 to 100 years, the last being WW2. In each of the great crisis, it was something that in and of itself would have been fairly innocuous that set the conflict in motion but the timing and conditions in which they occurred was such that it caused a major conflagration. I have felt for a long time now that we have been ready for the next crisis. There is no telling what spark will ignite it.

Edit: after hitting submit, it occurred to me that guns are yet another one of the growing list of polarizing topics that seem to be pitting half of society against the other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, hells bells Hoppy.

Maybe we should just take the Constitution and burn it. Then we'll just write a new, more modern one. You could do it electronically right on the president's iPad. That way he can change it anytime he wants to... like a Wikipedia entry.
    Isn't that just an executive order now?
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

Note, you have a right to peacefully assemble, to petition, and to seek redress of grievances. That
    part of 1A isn't in there by accident. It is the safety valve so many here seem to overlook.
    Only if you apply for the appropriate permit....then maybe they might allow you to assemble and protest.
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Links