Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

This is a discussion on Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They have already trashed the 1st amendment! You are no longer allowed to protest around the Prez. He has a "no free speech" zone at ...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

They have already trashed the 1st amendment! You are no longer allowed to protest around the Prez. He has a "no free speech" zone at all speaking engagements. If your message is negative, the secret service has the authority to arrest you! Freakin sick huh?

Your 4th amendment is trashed too! You can be classified as an enemy of the state and jailed indefinitely!
    No phone call, no lawyer, no nothing! Good bye, see you.... Ah never!

Now we have the AWB that USA Today said would be the catalyst for the second civil war, if passed as written!

Now you tell me, doesn't this sound a LITTLE like government out of control?
    Bark'n likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    They have already trashed the 1st amendment! You are no longer allowed to protest around the Prez. He has a "no free speech" zone at all speaking engagements. If your message is negative, the secret service has the authority to arrest you! Freakin sick huh?

Your 4th amendment is trashed too! You can be classified as an enemy of the state and jailed indefinitely!

Now we have the AWB that USA Today said would be the catalyst for the second civil war, if passed as written!

Truthfully, the gov't has been out of control since the 1860s, at least.

Finally, the chickens are coming home to roost.

All of this legislation won't mean squat when the fed is bankrupt.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    peckman28 and kerberos like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Russia has said the same as England, but most telling, China wants a gun ban here.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Hate to tell you all but the groundwork for this was laid way back in 1934 when the NFA was passed, helped along by lobbying from the NRA. All that followed simply went by the same philosophy underpinning that law. Those who say "enforce the laws we have" should keep that in mind. Quite frankly, the federal government has no constitutional authority whatsoever to dictate to you what you will have, how, or to make you prove you're innocent before you can purchase. The only thing government needs to be concerned with is if you use your weapons to victimize others. It stops there. Our grandfathers and great grandfathers gave that first inch, and this is what results. Anyone who favors "reasonable laws" needs to wake up and understand that the only thing reasonable is absolute respect for property rights, which are properly defined as being limited only by the property rights of others.

We need to not only stop this monstrosity that Feinstein and her fascist ilk are proposing, we need to reverse the rest of it, all the way back to the 1934 law. Nothing less will do. Your rights are on a foundation of quicksand as long as you go spouting off nonsense about how "these rifles are only semi-autos and so they shouldn't be banned"....and then just stop there. Make that argument and leave it at that and you haven't done your job. The machine guns shouldn't be banned either. Short-barreled rifles and shotguns, sound suppressors...there is no reason that those should be any more difficult for you to obtain than that inoffensive Browning Auto-5 you take down to the sporting clays course on Saturdays. None.
    You hit the nail on the head.... This is some of what the NRA and other 2nd amendment advocates should be saying. We need to go on offense. Put it all out there, its not about more "reasonable infringements" its about the Constitution and the bill of Rights. I say tell them to either **** or get off the pot in that if they have a problem with arms(guns) then go about the process of amending or abolishing the 2nd amendment. Until then Don't Tread on Our Rights. There is no way of really knowing what lies ahead for gun owners. However, as I see it if Senator Feinstein's proposed bill to ban "120 evil weapons" and high capacity magazines there will be more and more "reasonable infringement" laws and they will come quickly. Most likely after any mass shooting. Keep in mind there real agenda of "banning all weapons in America". As long as there are hunters, concealed/open carry advocates, 2nd amendment organizations, etc., that will go along with "reasonable infringement" laws rather than standing fast on our rights it won't be too difficult for them to achieve their goal. We have to leave our differences behind and as one.

While I am not saying the hell with the NRA or hunters but I believe they spent too many years defending hunting rights more so than the keep and bear arms part of the 2nd amendment.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post

Exactly!!
    Not to mention 16 trillion in debt, the Federal Reserve printing 50 billion a month until it feels better, and no way to ever pay it back. When the economy collapses(and it will) your going to want as many 30 rnd mags as you can find. It's not about gun control, it's people control!
    A disarmed man does what he's told, most of the time, and that's what they want.
    You can read all the American History books you want, you still won't have a clue of what this administrations capable of, or working towards.
    I do believe turning millions of law abiding citizens into criminals with the stroke of a pen will have consequences!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Well Scott-Heron might have been right back in the 70’s but not by today’s standards.

Even places like Syria, Egypt, North Korea, and Japan can’t quell real-time information from escaping through social media lines; as hard as they try.

Tighten up your boot straps, and hunker down boys & girls. We may be in for a turbulent ride throughout this term?

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    If any of you think we would be sitting in a different position regarding talk of gun control with Romney in the White House, I have a bridge to sell you...maybe if Gary Johnson had won, but either of the two major parties have little if any regard for our rights or really care what we think.

If they did they could all look at the polls regarding gun control, the fiscal cliff, or whatever and act accordingly. Do they? Any of them? Not many care about anything other than staying in office and truly believe if they stick to their parties pre-written talking points they will do just enough to stay there. Our best option is to do what we can in the midterms to vote everyone of these career politicians out of office if for no other reason the to remind them that we can. If we do that, maybe, just maybe, they will start listening to us.
    Leading up to the 2008 election, I got my rear end chewed out good on another gun forum because I refused to support and vote for John McCain. I had voted for Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian candidate, in 2004 because he was the only one I could vote for and still look myself in the mirror. I explained that I would no longer fall for the "lesser of two evils" paradigm. I was ripped to shreds for "throwing my vote away," "helping to put Obama in office," and so on.

But I have a newsflash for whom it may concern. Until we as a nation educate ourselves about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, our politicians will continue to be whoever has the better hairstyle or who can crack the best jokes for the clueless couch potato. i.e., we get Obama and Dianne Feinstein.

The media certainly doesn't help, either. Anyone who watches TV or movies already "knows" that a mighty 9mm handgun will send a 6' 5", 300-pound man flying back 30 feet to smack into the wall. And don't even get me started about those scary "assault" rifles chambered in the incredible .223 caliber. I can't believe that just anyone can go right out and buy such a MASSIVE KILLING MACHINE WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO MURDER INNOCENT PEOPLE AND FURRY LITTLE BUNNIES!!!!!!

So yeah, the American public is so far past having a clue these days that I don't see a 3rd-party candidate gaining ground in the near future.
    HDusmc likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I live in Vermont. A Constitutional carry state.
    This is the kind of crap that's happening in my neck of the woods..

http://cms.nraila.org/media/10826032/vt_gun_ban1.3.pdf

Even though it goes against our rights, they are still going to try it!

2295. Authority of municipal and county governments to regulate firearms, ammunition, hunting, fishing and trapping
    Except as otherwise provided by law, no town, city or incorporated village, by ordinance, resolution or other enactment, shall directly regulate hunting, fishing and trapping or the possession, ownership, transportation, transfer, sale, purchase, carrying, licensing or registration of traps, firearms, ammunition or components of firearms or ammunition. This section shall not limit the powers conferred upon a town, city or incorporated village under section 2291(8) of this title. The provisions of this section shall supersede any inconsistent provisions of a municipal charter.

Seems like we are going to face battles on every level!
    Get ready to rumble!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    If any of you think we would be sitting in a different position regarding talk of gun control with Romney in the White House, I have a bridge to sell you...maybe if Gary Johnson had won, but either of the two major parties have little if any regard for our rights or really care what we think.

If they did they could all look at the polls regarding gun control, the fiscal cliff, or whatever and act accordingly. Do they? Any of them? Not many care about anything other than staying in office and truly believe if they stick to their parties pre-written talking points they will do just enough to stay there. Our best option is to do what we can in the midterms to vote everyone of these career politicians out of office if for no other reason the to remind them that we can. If we do that, maybe, just maybe, they will start listening to us.
    I know it seems like it has been forever but you do realize that Obama is still serving his first term don't you? If Romney had won the election, he would be the President Elect and Obama would still be the President and he would still be doing exactly what he is doing now with one exception...he would be doing it faster.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Links