Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

This is a discussion on Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Biden run for the presidency in 2016 Biden is as stupid as a sack of rocks. Spare me. If he runs, it is proof positive ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

Biden run for the presidency in 2016
    Biden is as stupid as a sack of rocks. Spare me. If he runs, it is proof positive of my statement.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Re: Part in bold. Yes, it will get ugly, for those foolish enough to break the actual laws. Very ugly. No one in our society
    has a right to take it upon themselves as an individual or group of individuals to act outside of our established legal framework.

When folks harken back to the Declaration of Independence for justification, they need to keep in mind that there was no
    representation of the colonies in the English Parliament of the that day. We, to the contrary, do have representation at
    every level of government from the smallest town and municipality to the highest office. The concept of natural law is
    bunk in this context.
    I swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution of this nation. When this "established legal framework" you speak of includes laws and actions that are tyrannical in nature, and threaten that which I have sworn to protect, you bet its going to get real ugly, real quick. If you are ok with giving up your freedoms, then my friend, you are just one of the sheep, and the sheep will fall in line right along side of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    When folks harken back to the Declaration of Independence for justification, they need to keep in mind that there was no
    representation of the colonies in the English Parliament of the that day. We, to the contrary, do have representation at
    every level of government from the smallest town and municipality to the highest office. The concept of natural law is
    bunk in this context.
    Well, hells bells Hoppy.

Maybe we should just take the Constitution and burn it. Then we'll just write a new, more modern one. You could do it electronically right on the president's iPad. That way he can change it anytime he wants to... like a Wikipedia entry.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Hoppy... lol
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

It may be time for a real million man march on Washington. They count on us not organizing so they can visit us one household at a time. So how do we organize. Where is the proper forum for that. I think the march should happen sooner rather then later, by the way.

VIP Member
    Were Being out breed so we r being outvoted now. It's all part of a bigger picture ...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    No, I'm really not. I do, however, realize that standing up for our Constitutional rights may come to such a thing. It's far from harmless talk, just like the current administrations desire to disarm the American people is far from harmless.

The only one who seems to be pretending anything is you. You seem to believe that this sort of thing is OK and if the government gets away with it, it must be legal. It's not.

There were plenty of "British citizens" living in America that felt the exact same way you did when we declared our independence from England. They didn't want any sort of confrontation and were very vocal about how the sky would fall if we tried to go our own way. We did and it didn't. Thankfully our country's founders chose the hard path that set us down the road to freedom and liberty. People died for the rights that you were born under, Hop. They may mean little enough to you that you'll give them up for whatever you think your party promises you. I don't buy into it and I won't accept a president who feels that he should rewrite the Bill of Rights because he's smarter than everyone else.

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. Those aren't my words, those are the words of James Madison.

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson

Hopyard speaks truth.

Our liberty is no talisman and our weapons are no comfort. The Cedar County Sheriff did not sign my permit that gives me ability, without trusting that given opportunity I will not create jeopardy.

Any Trolls off the porch in this town will be called in. Does anyone know whether a Sheriff can deputize over the phone?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Hopyard speaks truth.

Our liberty is no talisman and our weapons are no comfort. The Cedar County Sheriff did not sign my permit that gives me ability, without trusting that given opportunity I will not create jeopardy.

Any Trolls off the porch in this town will be called in. Does anyone know whether a Sheriff can deputize over the phone?
    You may assume too much thinking that your Sheriff will go along with the disarming of the American people. The lines aren't drawn quite that easily.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Hopyard speaks truth.

What??? Snow again....I didn't get your drift.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    You may assume too much thinking that your Sheriff will go along with the disarming of the American people. The lines aren't drawn quite that easily.
    We can only hope. I fear things are about to get Real Ugly Soon. And it will separate the Men from the sheeple. You will only get to choose once. Once it starts there will be no going back as we either Stand on our Feet like Men do or kneel like sheep. I don`t Bah well.

Hopyard - There are laws, which can be just or unjust. Then there are Natural Laws, which are. If the 2A were overturned tomorrow, we would still have a Natural Right to arms for defense of liberty - so believed the founders of this Republic. Would there be big-boy consequences for breaking the law in order to stand up for the Natural Law? You betcha. Such is the price of Liberty.

Let us not have too much reverence for the laws of men - for if we did, then blacks would still be riding at the back of the bus. Instead, let us hold fast to the Laws which are endowed to us by the Creator.
    Bark'n, Spirit51, DC and 9 others like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    OK, I see how this works. I'll be in Blue Springs by Tuesday for a late holiday season celebration with my side of the family.

Consider this a public invitation, to anyone in the Kansas City area. Let's make it a Pow Wow.

And, BTW, Sheriff Wethington, is Pro 2A and he pays dues to his local NRA affiliate. I just want to make clear that there is no need to run a posse, and it's historically quite dangerous actually, without consent of an elected official.

There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    OK, I see how this works. I'll be in Blue Springs by Tuesday for a late holiday season celebration with my side of the family.

Consider this a public invitation, to anyone in the Kansas City area. Let's make it a Pow Wow.

And, BTW, Sheriff Wethington, is Pro 2A and he pays dues to his local NRA affiliate. I just want to make clear that there is no need to run a posse, and it's historically quite dangerous actually, without consent of an elected official.

Well I'd be happy to have some coffee with you but I don't think that traveling is going to be all that easy to do by Tuesday. We are expecting snow here starting late tonight and the last time I checked it was going to be dropping Monday and Tuesday too. So if you are traveling by car, be extra careful. KC does a pretty good job with roads but even 'pretty good' is still dangerous once the roads get nasty.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    This IS NOT ADVOCATING IN ANY WAY. Finished disclaimer.

Now Hop, theoretically speaking only, overthrowing the government is not illegal. It is a constitutionally protected right backed up by 2A. That is the primary purpose of 2A.

While I dearly hope the legal fights come down on the side of supporting the Constitution and states' rights, our country is clearly beginning to repeat the steps leading up to the civil war. The issues may be different in some ways, but the arguments and reasoning on both sides are eerily similar. If I have learned little in this life I have learned that history repeats itself over and over and over.

Let us hope and pray that these battles are won in the courts lest the people grow too weary of the governments foolish disregard for our liberties.
    tkruf likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    And when all the courts have become "kangaroo courts" with all the judges appointed by the King... Is it still legitimate?
    A fine example of hyperbolic verbiage. King? Come on. "All the judges," no way.

"When Bush left office, Republicans had appointed just under 60 percent of all federal judges. Twenty months later, the number has dipped only slightly to a shade under 59 percent, according to statistics compiled by the liberal Alliance for Justice. Because of retirements, the percentage of Republican-nominated district judges actually has gone up." GOP Control Of Federal Trial Courts Has Increased Since Obama Took Office | ThinkProgress

I'm not trying to argue the politics. I'm just pointing out the hyperbole of the initial statement.

Come on Bark'n. You are a smart man. All the judges? The only President who ever appointed all the judges was
    George Washington.

King? Then why are we teetering on the precipice of both a debt ceiling crisis and a fiscal cliff. No self respecting King
    would tolerate that. He'd have heads and take no prisoners.
    Doghandler likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links