Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

This is a discussion on Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by JDavisArk Resistance? That kinda depends on teamwork. When you think about resistance....keep all of these things in mind. The American public can't ...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    Resistance? That kinda depends on teamwork. When you think about resistance....keep all of these things in mind. The American public can't stand together on anything anymore. To answer your question specifically.......no resistance. The American public pretty much welcomes more government control in these times. Most are too stupid to resist or buck the system. This is what you're left with now.
    True as this may be, personally, ill die trying. The time is quickly approaching where we, as gun owners and citizens NEED to come together. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died to protect that piece of paper and what it stands for. If we can't come together then we will fail, we will have let down the framers of our nation, and every man, woman and child that has shed a drop of blood to keep us free. If I have to stand alone in this fight then so be it, ill die on my feet fighting for what is right. This fight isn't just about "us" it isn't about 30 round pmags or ar-15's, its about something much bigger then any of us. I'd rather be shot dead on the street resisting a government that wishes to destroy this nation, then live to be 100 and spend everyday looking in the mirror thinking that once, there was a time where I could have made a difference, and I sat back and let myself become a slave.
    guardmt and CharlesMorri like this.

2. Remove Ads

If they impose a magazine limit on handguns, what will happen? Will you have to surrender anything above, say, 10 rounds, or are you just banned from bringing them outside your home?

Re: Obama to go for guns in 2013 'there will be resistance'

Quote Originally Posted by GrandZJ View Post
    If they impose a magazine limit on handguns, what will happen? Will you have to surrender anything above, say, 10 rounds, or are you just banned from bringing them outside your home?
    If Feinstein has her way, they'll become NFA items. You'll have to carry your ATF form with you every where, and ask for permission to cross state lines. Papers, please?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Bark'n and oakchas like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Hopyard - You really do need to read some history. In many cases during the colonial era, all men (usually over 16) were required to turn out for militia training at a regular interval. They were required to supply their own firearm, powder, and other supplies. To say that personally owned firearms had no place in securing our nation is just flat out wrong.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

They will stop at nothing---constitutional or not, legal or not---to advance this anti-2A agenda. They are hell-bent on exploiting the Sandy Hook tragedy to the absolute max. "Never let a crisis go to waste" is the mantra.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Hopyard - You really do need to read some history. In many cases during the colonial era, all men (usually over 16) were required to turn out for militia training at a regular interval. They were required to supply their own firearm, powder, and other supplies. To say that personally owned firearms had no place in securing our nation is just flat out wrong.
    I'm afraid several of you missed the main point and misconstrued what I wrote. So,let me try again.

Of course the men who turned out were bearing personally owned firearms. That is indisputable. The point I was making
    is that the decision to have a Revolution against England was a political decision made by the lawful authorities of the various colonies and their representatives sent to Philadelphia. The decision was not made by the people as individuals.

Government was at work, and government organized the rebellion by raising money, obtaining munitions, arranging for the manufacture of such of arms and ships, floating a Navy of sorts, arranging
    alliances with France, using diplomacy with the Spaniards.

The American Revolutionary war was quite a different affair from the chaotic anarchistic stuff you see now in Syria, it was organized by government and commanded top down by General Washington on instructions from a Continental Congress.

Structurally, all those guns in the hands of the hands of private soldiers and in the hands of privateers were under the control of the central government-- the Continental Congress.

The same occurred for the Civil War. Rebellion was not a bottom up thing. It was top down, led by the state
    governments.

Many who post here seem to have a fanciful notion that our government is "out of control" and that we need
    a bottom up revolution. That is insanity. It would not work. It is impractical, illegal, and speaking of it is the very
    antithesis of adhering to whatever oath you may have taken (and most of us have) to preserve, protect, and defend,
    the constitution of the United States.
    Last edited by Hopyard; December 31st, 2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: minor correction "Continental Army" changed to "Continental Congress"s
    wdbailey and Darrow75 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Many who post here seem to have a fanciful notion that our government is "out of control" and that we need
    a bottom up revolution. That is insanity. It would not work. It is impractical, illegal, and speaking of it is the very
    antithesis of adhering to whatever oath you may have taken (and most of us have) to preserve, protect, and defend,
    And some who post here have this insane notion that the constitution was written to allow the feds to do whatever they want, that anything they do is, ipso facto, legal.
    OD* and tkruf like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

IMO...........I have a feeling this has the potential for getting out of hand and not ending well.....hoping for the best for everyone.

VIP Member
    In the 1770's there were basically two general categories of folks in what is now the US east coast.

We had those who would acquiesce to anything so long as they could live out their comfortable, for the time, life even if it meant putting up with government usurpations of rights and power. They understood that their kids and grandkids may live in a totalitarian country, but they were fine with that so long as they were not grossly inconvenienced.

We also had those who, as a matter of principle, could not abide a country sliding toward totalitarianism and would rather die stopping the slide in that direction than live with the results of their inaction. They could not conceive of their kids or grandkids living in a less than free state.

Both of these types of folks are still alive and kicking in the US today.
    d2jlking likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm afraid several of you missed the main point and misconstrued what I wrote. So,let me try again.

Of course the men who turned out were bearing personally owned firearms. That is indisputable. The point I was making
    is that the decision to have a Revolution against England was a political decision made by the lawful authorities of the various colonies and their representatives sent to Philadelphia. The decision was not made by the people as individuals.

Government was at work, and government organized the rebellion by raising money, obtaining munitions, arranging for the manufacture of such of arms and ships, floating a Navy of sorts, arranging

The American Revolutionary war was quite a different affair from the chaotic anarchistic stuff you see now in Syria, it was organized by government and commanded top down by General Washington on instructions from a Continental Army.

Structurally, all those guns in the hands of the hands of private soldiers and in the hands of privateers were under the control of the central government-- the Continental Congress.

The same occurred for the Civil War. Rebellion was not a bottom up thing. It was top down, led by the state
    governments.

the constitution of the United States
    Yep...

Took that oath and still adhere to it today...

To preserve, protect, and defend The Constitution...

Not the Federal Government...

Big difference.

ksholder, CharlesMorri and tkruf like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    You asking or telling?
    Resistance? From where will it come? You realize that most listening to your message voted for Obama. Resistance? That kinda depends on teamwork. When you think about resistance....keep all of these things in mind. The American public can't stand together on anything anymore.
    To answer your question specifically.......no resistance. The American public pretty much welcomes more government control in these times. Most are too stupid to resist or buck the system. This is what you're left with now.
    Don't be so sure JDavis...

To the underlined...

From you...

And from me...

You do live in the same Arkansas as I do don't you???

(just south of Missouri and north of Louisiana)

And I know that there are a lot of guys around Flippin that definately know how to take care of themselves...

May be a small town, but there are thousands more just like it all over this great land.

Don't become too disheartened!!!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

The American Revolutionary war was quite a different affair from the chaotic anarchistic stuff you see now in Syria, it was organized by government and commanded top down by General Washington on instructions from a Continental Army.

governments.

Insanity? So we roll over and let them continue to do what they please? Increase there own pay and take more vacation then I will ever take in my lifetime while they ignore the fiscal cliff and spend more money? Your right I swore an oath to defend the constitution of the United States, some of them did too, but yet they piss on it. Honestly if a revolution happens, id rather have that then imagining were this country will be 20 years from now, and with my generation of wanters and sheep, I can only imagine what the next one is going to be like.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quite frankly, it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to read the Constitution and compare it with current federal functions...and conclude that the two aren't even close. The federal government has dropped the Constitution from its list of concerns in virtually every area. The only amendment I see them taking seriously is the 16th. It is exceedingly difficult to take you seriously when your only focus is on how the government's actions are all legal, and anything we do aside from hitting the ballot box is illegal. Should the transition back out of statism be done peacefully? Absolutely. However, pretending the federal government isn't in blatant violation of the Constitution with almost every activity is just plain ridiculous.
    zacii, ksholder, OD* and 2 others like this.

VIP Member

governments.

History is written by the victors. What you call "a political decision made by lawful authorities" was nothing more than a lawless rebellion of traitors as far as the British perspective was concerned. You seem to fail to realize that they organized, and did what they did, to cast aside the "legal" government that governed them. That government had become tyrannical and oppressive in nature and, once they had exhausted all "legal" efforts to resolve their differences, they chose to fight. Your convenient view that it was somehow legal, or organized from the top down in some structured governmental fashion, is only afforded to you because America won the war for its independence. Had we lost, it would have been written very differently.

As far as Syria goes, that truly is a civil war, unlike our war for independence, but once again, you have it wrong. Any war is chaotic and anarchistic when it's viewed through the eyes of someone who doesn't understand it. Those people are fighting for their very lives and while there are factions and splits within the opposition, their goal is to remove the oppressive regime that currently controls their lives. However, as with our revolt against the British, history will eventually be written by the victors. Those "rebels" in Syria will only be seen as a lawless group if they lose their fight. Also it's worth mentioning the most obvious difference; very little can be paralleled between the Arab culture and the American culture. They have an entirely different world view, both macro and micro, and those differences leave little to draw any close comparisons, especially unity for a cause.

You can't say how a rebellion would look in America, but rest assured, nobody is going to expect you to fight for the rights that you currently enjoy in this country. You can keep on posting how it'll all be OK and how we should just go along with whatever the government decides is best for us. That's your prerogative and your right. Thankfully, at least for now, it's our right to ignore such talk and work towards securing the rights that we believe in. In the end, you'll take what you're given and presumably be happy, because that's all you'll be able to do. I hold my freedom and my rights more sacred than that, and taking whatever I'm left with isn't enough for me.
    Last edited by TX expat; December 31st, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
    ksholder, SgtRick, zacii and 7 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    History is written by the victors. What you call "a political decision made by lawful authorities" was nothing more than a lawless rebellion of traitors as far as the British perspective was concerned. You seem to fail to realize that they organized, and did what they did, to cast aside the "legal" government that governed them. That government had become tyrannical and oppressive in nature and, once they had exhausted all "legal" efforts to resolve their differences, they chose to fight. Your convenient view that it was somehow legal, or organized from the top down in some structured governmental fashion, is only afforded to you because America won the war for its independence. Had we lost, it would have been written very differently.

As far as Syria goes, that truly is a civil war, unlike our war for independence, but once again, you have it wrong. Any war is chaotic and anarchistic when it's viewed through the eyes of someone who doesn't understand it. Those people are fighting for their very lives and while there are factions and splits within the opposition, their goal is to remove the oppressive regime that currently controls their lives. However, as with our revolt against the British, history will eventually be written by the victors. Those "rebels" in Syria will only be seen as a lawless group if they lose their fight. Also it's worth mentioning the most obvious difference; very little can be paralleled between the Arab culture and the American culture. They have an entirely different world view, both macro and micro, and those differences leave little to draw any close comparisons, especially unity for a cause.

You can't say how a rebellion would look in America, but rest assured, nobody is going to expect you to fight for the rights that you currently enjoy in this country. You can keep on posting how it'll all be OK and how we should just go along with whatever the government decides is best for us. That's your prerogative and your right. Thankfully, at least for now, it's our right to ignore such talk and work towards securing the rights that we believe in. In the end, you'll take what your given and presumably be happy, because that's all you'll be able to do. I hold my freedom and my rights more sacred than that, and taking whatever I'm left with isn't enough for me.
    Well said sir!
    TX expat likes this.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links