Hollywood gun control hypocrites

This is a discussion on Hollywood gun control hypocrites within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hollywood hacks calling for gun control, but profiting from movies with lots of guns and shooting. Hollywood Hypocrites Demand Gun Control For Citizens As Their ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Hollywood gun control hypocrites

Hollywood gun control hypocrites

Hollywood hacks calling for gun control, but profiting from movies with lots of guns and shooting.

Hollywood Hypocrites Demand Gun Control For Citizens As Their Movies Promote Gun Violence - YouTube

I wonder how many of these Hollywood types have guns at home or are guarded by people with guns when out in public?

They will probably claim their 1st amendment rights to make movies with massive gun induced body counts, but would deny gun owners their 2nd amendment rights.
    mano3 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

The rules only apply to us little people
    mano3 and archer51 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    If you don't like what they have to say about your rights, don't support their products.
    BugDude, mano3, 1bearz and 1 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    If you don't like what they have to say about your rights, don't support their products.
    Jack Reacher had 45 million viewers in its first two weeks; the OP can't compete with that. Hollywood is one of the sources of our woes, let's not trivialise the importance of recognising its contribution to violence and sociopathy.

But ... but... but .... they call it "acting" ...... LOL. To some disturbed people who can't sort out reality from fantasy... it's real.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    2A, self defense, the Constitution, protecting the most vulnerable, living in the greatest country, and respecting our heritage and those who defend it are our traditional priorities. And they are working well. I would say, "get the word out". But the greatest publicity machine is grinding its gears.
    Actually, it ticks me off that we point fingers at hypocrites and "whores" (OP linked). They play actors against writers. Americans love America and our heritage. If a fraction of us stood for our beliefs as many as paid actors stand to deliver the Hollywood line, then the whole illogical call for gun bans would die.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

There has been violent entertainment since the dawn of human interaction with one another. Movies are more violent now than they probably ever were, but violence levels are down. Don't go employing their idiotic logic and replacing "guns" with "Jack Reacher". It's another scapegoat tactic that serves to do nothing more than advance the interests of control freaks in government who would love nothing more than to add yet another avenue of restrictions against what you can or cannot do.
    Cold Shot likes this.

I entertain myself. Between guns, golf, antique cars, fishing, and taking my kids to their activities who has time for TV and movie Hacks. As a nation, we spend way too much time staring at TV and movie screens. Unplug and get off the grid.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    These paid talents present a loss most personal from the latest American tragedy. Yet such loss can't be true for all of them. Still they bleed their hearts purple for their masters.
    So many great ideas for society going forward. So little appreciation for the peace and freedom that got them where they are. Too many sheep want to suffer forced pains and respond to real threats from artificial emotion.
    Such blind leading the blind is not self-sustaining and must give way to reality at some point.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    There has been violent entertainment since the dawn of human interaction with one another. Movies are more violent now than they probably ever were, but violence levels are down. Don't go employing their idiotic logic and replacing "guns" with "Jack Reacher". It's another scapegoat tactic that serves to do nothing more than advance the interests of control freaks in government who would love nothing more than to add yet another avenue of restrictions against what you can or cannot do.
    Understandably you've missed my other posts on other threads; graphic violence was prohibited in films until the collapse of the movie code with the success of Bonnie and Clyde, and graphically violent video games did not exist until well after that. Given that ALL mass shootings have occurred since this time cannot be a coincidence; the concept is sociopathy, look it up (especially "narcissism") with a good overview on Wikipedia.

Fully automatic weapons have been to hand since the Civil War, semi-auto pistols since the turn of that century, and assault rifles since WW2; and yet there were no mass shootings outside of wartime in the US until the 70s onwards. It shouldn't take a genius to make the connection.

Like the three building blocks required to make fire (oxygen fuel spark) it would seem that the very suggestible among us are wrongfully connecting the dots to kill strangers -- just like on TV, or in film.

I personally don't care what any hollywood elite, professional athlete, or any other "celebrity" has to say about the topic. They aren't qualified, IMHO, to offer advice and counsel on the subject. My hero's wear dog tags, and body armor. God bless our war fighters and sheepdogs.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I personally don't care what any hollywood elite, professional athlete, or any other "celebrity" has to say about the topic. They aren't qualified, IMHO, to offer advice and counsel on the subject. My hero's wear dog tags, and body armor. God bless our war fighters and sheepdogs.
    ...and every day I am thankful that they have allowed me to live in their country.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Adopting the blame tactics of the anti-gun crowd is senseless. All the time spent arguing whether guns or movies or video games are to blame puts more distance from the fact that human beings are responsible for these acts. I grew up in a household with firearms, watched violent movies, played a few violent games (admittedly with some enjoyment), and I'm a veteren. There are many wizards of smart out there who would say these factors earn me a slot on Big Sis's watch list, but they're just wrong. I was fortunate to have parents who loved me, shot with me, watched movies with me, and taught me right from wrong.
    My best friend, upon hearing the news of the Newtown massacre hit the nail on the head when he said: "It's time we start keeping score at little league games again."
    RoadKill and peckman28 like this.

mkh
    Violent movies/tv, video games, breakup of families, drugs, removing God from our schools and countless other things have contributed to this mess. But there are a lot of us that gave lived thorough all that and not succumbed to the mass violence or crime.

It's more about the "me" in society and the lack of personal responsibility. We have a society where most people think more of themselves than they do of anyone or anything else. And to top that off most of society refuses to take responsibility for their actions. When they won't take responsibility and we just stand around being politically correct and not force criminals to live up to their actions then we get the mess we are in.

End of rant. Moving on now....
    DC likes this.

One of many reasons I do not support Hollywood. Have not set foot in a theater in over 10 years; no subs to HBO, Showtime, etc. If it is not on regular TV, I don't see it unless a friend loans me the DVD. These folks are in no small part, financially and otherwise, why the country is in the spot it is in now.
    GunGeezer likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links