US News & World Report - Should the AWB be reinstated?

This is a discussion on US News & World Report - Should the AWB be reinstated? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I voted. We should see if we can get them to put up polls for each of the Amendments. "Are you in favor of people ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: US News & World Report - Should the AWB be reinstated?

I voted.

We should see if we can get them to put up polls for each of the Amendments. "Are you in favor of people not be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law?"
    msgt/ret likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Check the ARTICLES on the left side, each of them also have a POLL ...... 1) should Obama implement gun control without Congress ? , 2) Should teachers carry guns ? , etc.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Voted in all. Looks good but won't do squat.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Voted.

Banning so-called "assault weapons" while favoring the legalization of drugs and various kinds of sordid behavior makes about as much sense to me as giving change for a penny.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

NO NO NO Heck NO NO NO never NO NO NO, You get the idea.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Voted in all. Looks good but won't do squat.
    In and of themselves, these types of polls are meaningless. However, when taken as part of a collective they do represent the will and opinion of the general populace, which I think is becoming quite apparent does not believe bans and restrictions on weapons is the answer to our societal ills.

US News & World Report - Should the AWB be reinstated?

Link is here: Should the Assault Weapons Ban Be Reinstated? - US News and World Report

Poll is 1/3 down the page in the center.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Re: US News & World Report - Should the AWB be reinstated?

So far 98% say no

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    98.2 to be exact.

The longer the discourse goes on, the longer the polititians are going to realize it will be career suicide to do anything in the way of banning anything.OMHO.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    98.2 to be exact.

The longer the discourse goes on, the longer the polititians are going to realize it will be career suicide to do anything in the way of banning anything.OMHO.
    Maybe we should send them a message ”Do you remember 1996?”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

voted no:

Should the Assault Weapons Ban Be Reinstated?

1.58% -----------------Yes
    98.42% ----------------No
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

And let us not forget WHO Obama put in charge of this committee, JOE BIDEN. Remember how he was supposed to monitor the Stimulus for waste. Considering how well that went, we should have NO problems.

Already running. Merged. Note: There are FOUR Poll questions on that link!

Be AWARE ... the BILL includes a clause, that the US Atty Gen can add "ANY " guns he deems appropriate at any time...... without Congressional review nor approval.

this was in her later bill she's been proposing ...... way before the election ...... not the latest one since Dec.... I'm sure she hasn't deleted that at all.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Maybe we should send them a message Do you remember 1996?.
    I think that this is one of, if not the one, biggest reasons that ultimately any proposed bills, such as an AWB and magazine capacity limit will fail.
    1) The last AWB passed by a very narrow margin (2 votes).
    2) Many of the legislators who voted for it got booted either in 94 or 96 and it took over a decade for the R party to gain power in congress again.
    3) The public is very much against bans and indicated by the buying as more importantly, the massive number of new permit applications, arm the teacher responses, etc.
    4) There have been multiple statements by both federal and state legislator saying that they don't see any changes happening.
    5) The massive increase in NRA membership, which was reported at ~8000 members per day at one point. For every 10,000 members, this is $350,000 of bribe, er, lobby money.
    6) Gun control has been a historic looser in terms of political longevity. Despite a few outspoken idiot, I mean, vocal anti, politicians that routinely spout off about the need for laws, there has been little to no call for any new laws.
    7) Irrespective of the "this time things will be different claim", creating committees to study and recommend solutions has historically been a way to sweep things under the rug in D.C.
    8) We have a divided congress that has mastered the art of disagree on everything, including things that have great public support, which gun control doesn't have.

The politicians want to keep their jobs. Restrictive gun control and bans is not conducive to that and they know it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links