I am in shock. Please tell me I am wrong.

This is a discussion on I am in shock. Please tell me I am wrong. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just spoke to my grandfather. He is a long time Sierra club and NRA member who has always been very forward with information regarding ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I am in shock. Please tell me I am wrong.

I just spoke to my grandfather. He is a long time Sierra club and NRA member who has always been very forward with information regarding firearms. I aquired 3 of my favorite guns from this man. He is a veteran of 2 foreign wars and served many years training. He lived in Brooklyn NYC for most of his life and had a NYC issued permit.

He called me to ask if I needed any ammo as he is now nearly 90 and can no longer pull a trigger due to arthritis. I asked what he had and was surprised when he said he had a case of 9mm. I said with all due respect when did you have a 9mm? You have always advised me never to sell a gun that works and I know you don't have any 9mm in your safe. He said I was right. He did not sell any of his guns and he did not own any guns that took 9mm.

He took a deep breath and said "never, register your guns". He proceeded to tell me that when NYC changed their laws to exclude high capacity mags and other fire arms it was not played up in the media as a big deal. To obtain a carry you had to register your guns and could only carry the guns that were inspected and registered on your permit. When the ban came along 1 of his guns was on the black list. Knock, knock, knock, sir our records indicate you are in possession of an illegal firearm within city limits.... And now your not.

In thinking back all his handguns are revolvers or sub 10 rd mag pistols. And now I know why.

I have about 400 rounds of 9mm coming next week. I hope the old man has just started losing his mind but I don't think that's the case.

The proposed legislation is based on Chicago and NYC bans. I have no reason to think anything has changed in how it will be handled.

Please tell me the above situation did not happen. I have never had a reason to doubt his word but that scares the crap out of me. These idiots are trying to start a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by daffyduc View Post
    I just spoke to my grandfather. He is a long time Sierra club and NRA member who has always been very forward with information regarding firearms. I aquired 3 of my favorite guns from this man. He is a veteran of 2 foreign wars and served many years training. He lived in Brooklyn NYC for most of his life and had a NYC issued permit.

He called me to ask if I needed any ammo as he is now nearly 90 and can no longer pull a trigger due to arthritis. I asked what he had and was surprised when he said he had a case of 9mm. I said with all due respect when did you have a 9mm? You have always advised me never to sell a gun that works and I know you don't have any 9mm in your safe. He said I was right. He did not sell any of his guns and he did not own any guns that took 9mm.

He took a deep breath and said "never, register your guns". He proceeded to tell me that when NYC changed their laws to exclude high capacity mags and other fire arms it was not played up in the media as a big deal. To obtain a carry you had to register your guns and could only carry the guns that were inspected and registered on your permit. When the ban came along 1 of his guns was on the black list. Knock, knock, knock, sir our records indicate you are in possession of an illegal firearm within city limits.... And now your not.

In thinking back all his handguns are revolvers or sub 10 rd mag pistols. And now I know why.

I have about 400 rounds of 9mm coming next week. I hope the old man has just started losing his mind but I don't think that's the case.

The proposed legislation is based on Chicago and NYC bans. I have no reason to think anything has changed in how it will be handled.

Please tell me the above situation did not happen. I have never had a reason to doubt his word but that scares the crap out of me. These idiots are trying to start a civil war.
    Believe him,that is what happens when somebody makes you register firearms,it's no big deal we just want a record in case they are stolen we can provide you with the Serial numbers etc for the Insurance claim,then the day comes anything that can accept a mag over 10 rounds is banned.....Knock Knock were the insurance company were filing a claim to take your illegal gun
    phreddy likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Also let me clarify. They did not take the mag. They took the gun and the mags. After the law changed it was hand it over or be charged with felony possession.

I cannot believe this happened and there is not any record of this online. I cannot find any reported cases of this.

I did find a bunch of cases where this is exactly what happened in New Orleans after Katrina. Kicking in doors and disarming wealthy people just trying to protect their homestead.

After researching the issue more I have not found anything to support the original post however I am starting to think civil war is part of the agenda.

1.4 billion rounds of hollow point ammo purchased by the us govt over the past 3 years. The Geneva convention strictly prohibits the use of hollow point on foreign soil. Who exactly are they intending to shoot? With all the money printing and outrageous spending, I am starting to wonder if hitting the ceiling was not the intended goal.

The fiscal cliff is fast approaching. With the economy already in a tailspin and the money running dry it's only a matter of time until society goes to pot. Lets disarm the people who can fight back sounds like a good plan for them.

VIP Member
    The government owns millions of guns that have nothing to do with the military. All of the letter agencies have guns and need ammunition for them. From the FBI to the BOP and then to the IRS, there's a ton of officers out there that need ammunition. Since it wouldn't make sense for them to have to purchase ammunition on a weekly or monthly basis they will buy in bulk when they buy.

There's plenty of things to worry about without going down the rabbit hole about something like the government buying bullets. To me that would be like worrying that the state is going to tar and feather people due to the large amount of tar the highway department has on hand.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

OMG, I hadn't even thought of the tar and feather possibility. I was so into unravelling how The Smoking Man pulled of Aurora and Sandy Hook that I missed it. That's just what they were hoping for, I bet.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

:)

I am not putting on the tin foil hat anytime soon but it just seems really messed up when you look at the situation.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daffyduc View Post
    :)

I am not putting on the tin foil hat anytime soon but it just seems really messed up when you look at the situation.

^You may want to try it on ^^^^^^

to make sure it still fits though
    The latest from “DHS Insider”
    If ANY of this is evern remotely true.
    From link;
    DH: What’s going on now?

RB: People better pay close attention over the next few months. First, there won’t be any meaningful deal about the fiscal crisis. This is planned, I mean, the lack of deal is planned. In fact, it’s necessary to pave the way for what is in the short term agenda.

DH: Wait, you’re DHS—not some Wall Street insider.

RB: So you think they are separate agendas? That’s funny. The coming collapse of the U.S. dollar is a done deal. It’s been in the works for years—decades, and this is one of the most important cataclysmic events that DHS is preparing for. I almost think that DHS was created for that purpose alone, to fight Americans, not protect them, right here in America. But that’s not the only reason. There’s the gun issue too.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

DHS is not what you've been told. You decide for your self.
    Is Obama stand up supporter of the 2nd and the Constitution
    Or a hater of the 2nd and the Constitution your call base you future action on that.

I have no doubt that your grandfather's 9mm was taken. None at all. It probably was.

Is a conspiracy afoot to actually create a financial collapse? It is certainly a possibility. Is that "tin foil hat thinking?" Maybe.

But then, who instituted the "combined department" = DHS Was it the evil democrats? Nope. It was "our" party... you know, the Republicans...

And my point here is not political... my point is,there is no difference... Is it a conspiracy by the puppetmasters? I dunno... It just bothers me that it seems to cross party lines and somehow it's all tied to money and money interests.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    You're not wrong. But I've been hearing cries of apocalypse, "wolf", and "sky is falling" for a long time.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I spoke to an uncle of mine today who confirmed the story above.

What exactly constitutes treason these days? I am pretty sure the above story is infringement.

Re: I am in shock. Please tell me I am wrong.

Go read Daniel Elsberg's book on the Pentagon Papers if you don't believe how far the Government will go.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

You knwo I don't know how much of the above link to believe...but from the beginning reports from Sandy Hook something has felt wrong about it. I don't want to go so far as to cry false flag...but how the heck does a 20 year old go seal team six and manage to kill that many people with such efficiency in such a short period of time with practically no living witnesses. Then there's the story changes...rifle in trunk of car then rifle was at home then rifle was next to him and the coroner says all where shot multiple times with the rifle. I am talking (typing) out loud here and even I don't quite know what I'm saying but somethings not right with Sandy Hook.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    You're not wrong. But I've been hearing cries of apocalypse, "wolf", and "sky is falling" for a long time.
    Yup, me too. For about 70 years. Still here. Happy New Year.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links