Senator Dianne Feinstein on Chris Wallace FNC Sunday - Slide Fire Stocks

This is a discussion on Senator Dianne Feinstein on Chris Wallace FNC Sunday - Slide Fire Stocks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Senators Dianne Feinstein and Lindsey Graham were guests on Chris Wallace's Fox News show this past Sunday, and of course the topic of her upcoming ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Echo_Four
  • 3 Post By kc5cychris
  • 1 Post By HotGuns
  • 2 Post By KBSR

Thread: Senator Dianne Feinstein on Chris Wallace FNC Sunday - Slide Fire Stocks

Senators Dianne Feinstein and Lindsey Graham were guests on Chris Wallace's Fox News show this past Sunday, and of course the topic of her upcoming gun grab bill was one of the topics they covered.

Not that it's really news, but I noticed that Senator Feinstein mentioned the Slide-Fire style stock (not by name, but by function), and of course incorrectly said you could put this stock on a Bushmaster and it would fire fully automatic (or words to that effect). Like most libs, who are ill informed, and motivated by emotion, she only has bits and pieces of the facts, but tries to act like an expert by twisting and molding the facts to fit her agenda.

I bring this up, only to warn everyone that our bump fire stocks are going to be targeted along with so called assault rifles, high capacity magazines, etc... If you want one, you better get it yesterday.

Senator Graham stood up to her nonsensical position on this show though, and I'm thinking most of the Republicans and many Democrats will as well. Any of us could have better and more forcefully countered her emotional argument I think, but at least he didn't agree with her. Elections have consequences folks.

Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    I personally think bump firing is one of the dumbest things that the "gun culture" has pushed into prominence. But if someone thinks it is fun, more power to them. What bothers me about the discussion is that anyone on Feinstein's staff knew what bump firing is. You know they aren't shooters or regular posters on one of these forums. That means they're really doing homework and looking for anything to appeal to the uninformed masses to try and paint us in a bad light. This isn't just going to be about magazine capacity and bayonet lugs like we had in 1994. They're attempting to send a message that they can control us as a community. The pro-gun lobbyists are going to have their hands full trying to explain the lies to all of the Congressmen that agree with us in principle but don't have a great knowledge of the shooting world. It would be easy for one of the law makers we have that focus on things like energy and agriculture to understand what would be wrong with a device that makes a gun automatic when the NFA addressed those so long ago. Explaining what a device like this does is going to be very, very difficult.

(I should be in bed. I'm pretty sure this entire post won't make sense to me when I read it later.)
    KBSR and msgt/ret like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    incorrectly said you could put this stock on a Bushmaster and it would fire fully automatic (or words to that effect). Like most libs, who are ill informed, and motivated by emotion, she only has bits and pieces of the facts, but tries to act like an expert by twisting and molding the facts to fit her agenda.
    No disrespect intended but come on the purpose of these type stocks is to give the impression, rate of fire and the cool factor of full auto and that is how they are marketed plain and simple.

Are they truly full auto, select fire weapons? No but the give the appearance of and rate of fire of one. I have never owned one nor had the desire to. I have been issued and shot FA stuff my entire adult life and for the most part it is pretty worthless but to the average joe who has never done it the cool factor is off the charts.

If I had the choice or input into banning these type stocks or high cap mags or certain weapons the stocks would just have to go.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

To my knowledge no mass killings have have ever been accomplished with the use of a bump fire stock. Trading one type of weapon or accessory to ban in order to keep another is a losing proposition. At what point do you stop ceding ground? I don't have the answer but I do know that the shooter is the issue and believe that I have the high ground. Of course this position hasn't been working so well for me lately...
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Are we not yet tired!! As a Community we need to stop giving ground and stand for our rights, if we keeping giving we will be left with nothing. I understand compromise, but we need to be aware that in this give and take negotiation that we need to keep some things. The last time I checked Glock, Springfield and others issue a normal capacity Magazine that has more than 10 rounds. If it is package from the Factory with this then how is this anything but normal issue. A Bump stock may be cool but not designed for accurate fire, nor is full auto. We may not need these modes today but what's to say we may need them to protect those people that oppose our way of life the most. We need to educate and step in front of the camera to stand up for all Americans, that is our charge as SHEEP DOGS protect the flock. If that means educating them, then so be it. Not everyone will carry or even possess a weapon but those of us who chose to, should. That being said, train and practice often, so that it becomes automatic a reaction rather than a thought and decision.
    KBSR, msgt/ret and ErnieNWillis like this.

Senior Moderator
    Pretty soon its going to be against the law to have fun in this country.
    rmxer85 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    No disrespect intended but come on the purpose of these type stocks is to give the impression, rate of fire and the cool factor of full auto and that is how they are marketed plain and simple.

Are they truly full auto, select fire weapons? No but the give the appearance of and rate of fire of one. I have never owned one nor had the desire to. I have been issued and shot FA stuff my entire adult life and for the most part it is pretty worthless but to the average joe who has never done it the cool factor is off the charts.

If I had the choice or input into banning these type stocks or high cap mags or certain weapons the stocks would just have to go.
    I think it's a slippery slope when we start deciding to "give up this, but not that", just because you don't like it, or see a need for it. Don't you see that this is the same argument the other side is using for banning our semi-automatic rifles and handguns? "What do you need that nasty, evil black rifle for?" You sir, have fallen into their trap, IMHO. I too have been issued and carried firearms capable of full auto, as well as three round burst. As a civilian, I'm not able to possess the same, without the $200.00 tax stamp, etceteras, etcetera.. The bump fire stock, if used properly, and trained with, will allow for three round bursts, which does in fact have a place in my world. For the record, "cool" isn't a factor for me. LOL
    HotGuns and msgt/ret like this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I say we allow these stocks to "ban" themselves...because we should be able to buy REAL machine guns with the same ease as we buy a Marlin levergun from Wal-Mart. Legalize them completely, and no one will buy these evil, dangerous stocks. Problem solved.

VIP Member
    The term "Well Regulated" in the Second Amendment meant "Well Manned and Equipped " in 1791 as was determined in the 1939 United States v. Miller case after referencing the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. The concept of Government Regulation, as we understand it today, did not exist at the time.

United States v. Miller also determined that the term "Arms" refers to "Ordinary Military Weapons" (not crew operated). American Citizens have the right to Keep and Bear, which means Own and Carry, any weapons that a soldier carries into battle. That includes past, present and future weapons. A Militia consisted of armed volunteers willing to fight with their personal arms and not under government control.

I am a lowly "freight relocation engineer" and I understand the wording, why can't the powers that be get it?
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The term "Well Regulated" in the Second Amendment meant "Well Manned and Equipped " in 1791 as was determined in the 1939 United States v. Miller case after referencing the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. The concept of Government Regulation, as we understand it today, did not exist at the time.

United States v. Miller also determined that the term "Arms" refers to "Ordinary Military Weapons" (not crew operated). American Citizens have the right to Keep and Bear, which means Own and Carry, any weapons that a soldier carries into battle. That includes past, present and future weapons. A Militia consisted of armed volunteers willing to fight with their personal arms and not under government control.

I am a lowly "freight relocation engineer" and I understand the wording, why can't the powers that be get it?
    It's quite simple really, because they don't like it. They won't have control.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Sponsored Links