Will the States fight back? - Page 2

Will the States fight back?

This is a discussion on Will the States fight back? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by noway2 The "Waco Wacko" was seen as being primarily a religious cult. It was also a PR disaster for the govt and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Will the States fight back?

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Will the States fight back?

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    The "Waco Wacko" was seen as being primarily a religious cult. It was also a PR disaster for the govt and may have also contributed to the initial AWB seeing as the raid was about modified AR-15 "machine" guns and other NFA items. This also underscores the importance of any rebellion, should it come to it, being at the state rather than the individual level. I also think we are A LONG way away from this.
    My point being that there is no stomach on a large scale for rebellion. Not even on a state level.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    If there IS another civil war, let's listen to Longstreet's plan to try and go around the left flank instead of charging right at Cemetary Ridge, hoorah?
    Never could figure out WHY THEY SAID LEE WAS BRILLIANT LEADER,,, they was indeed stupid.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    There will be a civil war of epic proportions of the likes the fed will lose on all fronts if they enact this legislation. Many lives will probably be lost but liberty has no other choice when stuffed in a cage and beat with a big stick. I am not calling for this one bit they are. I am not cheer leading this on here either but they are.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    There will be no more civil wars here. For war to happen there would have to be true solidarity among the rebels. When one group of dissidents would be crushed few if any others would be willing to step forward. The regime, like any other tyrannical dictatorship, would pressure those involved to succumb by bringing pain and imprisonment to family members. For examples of what I have described here one has to look no further than cases where anti-government groups have already been attacked (Waco) and destroyed while other like groups merely looked on.
    Blatantly not true. Just look at Syrian civil war. Nothing unites people better then a common enemy.

And Waco is a rather poor example. A much more relevant and damning example of what the federal government is capable of is the ruby ridge.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    Never could figure out WHY THEY SAID LEE WAS BRILLIANT LEADER,,, they was indeed stupid.
    Lee was brilliant. He did three times as much with almost 1/3 the man power. If Lee had led the North the war would have been over in half the time.

IMO Lee was one of the most brilliant military commanders of all time. I put him up there with men like Hannibal, Rommel and Nelson.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Lee was brilliant. He did three times as much with almost 1/3 the man power. If Lee had led the North the war would have been over in half the time.

IMO Lee was one of the most brilliant military commanders of all time. I put him up there with men like Hannibal, Rommel and Nelson.
    ^^^ +1 Lee and his generals out thought and out fought the north. The south downfall was lack of resources to wage a sustained war.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

No two reason not much they can do and if they try Obama will cut off Federal funds we been down this road before.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    My point being that there is no stomach on a large scale for rebellion. Not even on a state level.
    In today's world the "rebellion" by a state will consist of passing laws which go against Federal law and then
    daring Uncle to either sue (as happened in Arizona) or not enforce the Federal law as seems to be what is happening
    in the pro MJ states.

As much as I am an O fan, he is now being quite inconsistent in his approach. He needs to either smack the
    MJ legalizing states down (even though I'm for a liberal drug policy) else he will be giving up too much Federal authority.

It will be hard to go to the Supremes and claim Federal supremacy on anything after letting the MJ stuff slide.

What this means is that Uncle may well have manipulated itself into a position in which states will gain
    tremendous power from having legalized MJ; and they may gain more if DOMA goes down in the SC, too.
    These two issues really turn on how The Supremes will ultimately handle the matter. And decisions made on
    both issues will influence if not directly affect any state laws on guns which might go against Uncle's laws.

Note, I don't much approve of state's rights, wish the 10th were "amended" out of existence etc. and that
    a stronger supremacy clause were added to the constitution, but that's just my viewpoint. Reality is that
    DOJ needs to be more consistent in policy and not pick battles selectively. And before you all bop me and flame
    me, isn't state's rights the reason NY, IL, CA, and NJ are pains in the back side for us when we travel?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I will hope as long as hope is possible; if that fails, I guess you'll have to make a spot for me back in TX since I know which side it'll choose in all this!
    Why the heck did ya leave in the first place? I have seriously pondered Texas' official rebuttal...I just can't imagine TX rolling over and allowing this within her borders.
    TX expat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

Agreed. That one decision wasn't smart, though. Longstreet knew better.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

We can't let our thinking go to after laws are enacted. Our energy must be focused on how to stop this all together. Unity and voice now can slow the train. Some small things may get passed but we must hold legislators accountable immediately. They will not willingly fire themselves and they know if enough are angry that will happen..

My big fear is the gov will be more subtle.. Going for AR's, magazines, and registration for now. These just make sense they will say and do not take guns or harm rights. Then after that slips in they will go for the final drop. That's when you need states and push back! Once guns are registered it is only time until forced confiscation.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

VIP Member
    Recommended reading: "Grant" by Jean Edward Smith; Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant by Grant and
    Mark Twain. Happy New Year.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Why the heck did ya leave in the first place? I have seriously pondered Texas' official rebuttal...I just can't imagine TX rolling over and allowing this within her borders.
    Love or Texas, love or Texas. With a woman I had quite a nexus. This I tell you brother, I just had to pick one or the other....
    Doodle and Hopyard like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    If there IS another civil war, let's listen to Longstreet's plan to try and go around the left flank instead of charging right at Cemetary Ridge, hoorah?
    They call it "Cemetary Ridge" for a reason. I'm all for taking the flank.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Love or Texas, love or Texas. With a woman I had quite a nexus. This I tell you brother, I just had to pick one or the other....
    Oh no! You gave up our state for a woman! I am rapidly losing respect for ya expat! JK JK
    TX expat likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links