UK "Assault Weapons"

This is a discussion on UK "Assault Weapons" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Look at what are legal Section 1 rifles in the UK: LanTac :: Rifle Selector. AR15, M4, M16 Rifles, CMMG Straight Pull & Semi Automatic. ...

Thread: UK "Assault Weapons"

Distinguished Member

UK "Assault Weapons"

Look at what are legal Section 1 rifles in the UK:

LanTac :: Rifle Selector. AR15, M4, M16 Rifles, CMMG Straight Pull & Semi Automatic.

Based on what I've read Section 1 means you need a permit and a good reason (hunting, sporting, etc...)

Only the .22LR rifles are semi-auto the rest are bolt action. But here is the bolt action .223/5.56 in action:

LANTAC LA-R15 Raven. Straight Pull, Side Charging AR15 Rifle .223/5.56mm Caliber - YouTube

Notice the 30 round mag too?
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The side pull variant is interesting, a bolt action AR-15 but at ₤1560.00 ($2,535.88) that is just too pricey for me. In the last half of the video it’s funny when you see the rifle recoil then an instant later you hear the shot.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    It is neat and nice to see the UK can have some fun. I wonder if they would sell just an upper. Of course we could just all take out our gas tubes and use the charging handles between shots.

But in all seriousness... Shooting well placed shots, is manipulating that side bolt really going to make much of a difference over a semi-auto, probably not.

I wonder if Piers knows these are for sale in his home country, I think not.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Seriously that is some great innovative, over the top ,outside the box thinking.I have never seen that before,IMHO it is similar to let's say FA/SA and now SA/straight pull bolt gun in terms of firepower,it's not gonna fire as fast,but with practice I'm sure somebody could run it almost as fast as a SA gun when shooting close up MO(BAd Guy) Targets instead of trying to shoot bullseyes at 100 yards
    I think I just heard a loud Wail with a British accent...I'm thinking he does now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think I just heard a loud Wail with a British accent...I'm thinking he does now

^Nahhhhh^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Those were his panties ^^^^^^^^^
    in a bunch causing him some slight discomfort.
    Last edited by oneshot; December 31st, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links