Return letter from democrat congressmen

This is a discussion on Return letter from democrat congressmen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by noway2 Quoting right from his website: " I confess, I am afraid of guns. I am not ashamed of that, because my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Return letter from democrat congressmen

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Quoting right from his website: "I confess, I am afraid of guns. I am not ashamed of that, because my fear is reasonable and is based on the observations of a lifetime."
    Looking over his other stances, he is a classic party line toter. Interestingly he is also a party flip-flopper.
    This quote really pisses me off!!!!!!!
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

2. Remove Ads

Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home
    Kellermann-Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home

Send him a copy-his basic assumption is based on flawed data.

I emailed him and in the subject line I wrote, "No new gun laws".
    Peace the old fashion way......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousMind View Post
    I knew before writing him what his stances are. Not too long ago he was interviewed and received a question from a caller. The caller asked about the 2nd amendment, and the reason for it. The caller said, "We all know the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with sporting or hunting. The 2nd amendment is about being able to resist government". Mr Yarmouth preceded to say, and I am paraphrasing here, " the government spends 25% on the military. Anybody who thinks they can withstand our military is delusional." I was speechless. Think about that. This is a person who took an oath to protect the constitution of the United States saying if you resist us we could easily take you out.
    I would have called in and told him that anyone who thinks the majority of the military would blindly march lockstep against the Constitution, and the American people, is even more delusional...
    Warmon and darbo like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about additional gun control measures in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter, but respectfully disagree.

As I have stated, I agree that Americans have the right to defend themselves and their property. I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to be safe from guns without carrying a gun. That gun, by the way, is statistically far more likely to result in the injury or death of someone close to me or them, than someone bent on doing harm. Moving forward from the terrible tragedy in Newtown, CT, we must have a discussion on where we draw the line between keeping our citizens as safe as possible and pro tecting the right to bear arms. Currently, I believe that line is not drawn enough toward guaranteeing the safety of our citizens.

While we do not see eye-to-eye on this issue, I would welcome your advice and input as the debate on this topic evolves in the upcoming weeks and months. Thank you again for sharing your views. If you would like to learn more about my work in Washington and in Louisville, please visit my website at Congressman John Yarmuth : Home where you will find the latest news, my weekly schedule, video from hearings, and information about constituent services. You can sign up for my e-newsletter to receive periodic updates on important issues and services for your family. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter (@RepJohnYarmuth).
    Have to say, he gave you a reasoned response. Follow it up, keep the dialogue going. I wrote to the Mayor of San Diego back when they were contemplating banning "saturday night specials". She responded, and they weren't banned. Stay on top of this, just not voting for him next time's going to be cold comfort.

VIP Member

While we do not see eye-to-eye on this issue, I would welcome your advice and input as the debate on this topic evolves in the upcoming weeks and months. Thank you again for sharing your views. www.yarmuth.house.gov]Congressman John Yarmuth : Home[/url] where you will find the latest news, my weekly schedule, video from hearings, and information about constituent services. You can sign up for my e-newsletter to receive periodic updates on important issues and services for your family. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter (@RepJohnYarmuth).

This is what we are facing folks. He is my Congressmen and will not be getting my vote.

^^Send him this link,^^^^^^^

He asked for your "input".

Not that it would matter in the grand scheme of things.
    Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths
    It pretty much refutes all his baseless claims, of which he doesn't have many.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    To the OP, Would you mind sharing a Zip code in his district? I cant E mail him without one. Thanks DR

The ONLY way to keep people safe from guns (which we all know guns are not responsible for shooting people) is to eliminate every single firearm on the planet. Take them from every law abiding citizen, individual, hunter, collector, security guard, contractor, mercenary, police force, 3rd world terrorist group, museum, military, secret service, celebrity body guard, gang member. Every pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, musket, muzzleloader, bb gun, pellet gun, airsoft guns, every firearm on the planet and if we've got any underwater, underground, or in space must be completely destroyed and any ability to manufacture must be destroyed also. After that they can start erradicating doctors, sharp objects, blunt objects, and etc. Should keep them busy for a few centuries until they finally have nothing left but the reason for it all-human beings.

We all know that evil people will find the tools they want for their evil acts. They've already decided to break the law against murder what good will some pesky firearm law do to stop them? Disarm the military, police, bodyguards and we'll see what kind of chaos ensues, that is if we can get everyone on this spinning rock to comply which such rediculousness.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Re: Return letter from democrat congressmen

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    The ONLY way to keep people safe from guns (which we all know guns are not responsible for shooting people) is to eliminate every single firearm on the planet. Take them from every law abiding citizen, individual, hunter, collector, security guard, contractor, mercenary, police force, 3rd world terrorist group, museum, military, secret service, celebrity body guard, gang member. Every pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, musket, muzzleloader, bb gun, pellet gun, airsoft guns, every firearm on the planet and if we've got any underwater, underground, or in space must be completely destroyed and any ability to manufacture must be destroyed also. After that they can start erradicating doctors, sharp objects, blunt objects, and etc. Should keep them busy for a few centuries until they finally have nothing left but the reason for it all-human beings.

We all know that evil people will find the tools they want for their evil acts. They've already decided to break the law against murder what good will some pesky firearm law do to stop them? Disarm the military, police, bodyguards and we'll see what kind of chaos ensues, that is if we can get everyone on this spinning rock to comply which such rediculousness.
    Now, that is the unadulterated, absolute truth.

But, we still gotta stop 'em. 'cause they still think it'll work.
    joker1 likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    I'm pretty surprised he wrote back (if that's actually him and not an intern or assistant).
    He didn't. He copy/pasted from one of his own websites sections and added in the word "I disagree".
    Clodbert likes this.

Glad I left louisville.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    To the OP, Would you mind sharing a Zip code in his district? I cant E mail him without one. Thanks DR
    sure, it is 40245
    Peace the old fashion way......

He's probably a lost cause but I would respond anyway. Even on the Brady Campaign's website they link to a survey that says gun owners use guns to stop an estimated minimum 80,000 crimes per year. Their justification is that criminals commit more crimes with guns. They elect to leave out all the restrictions on gun owners and the small number of CCW'ers available to thwart crime. Congressman Yarmuth, in saying that semi-auto rifles are more likely to harm him than bad guys, is ignoring the fact that darn near revery police force in the US uses them. He is also ignoring that they are used in less than 1% of the crimes committed. I'm also with those that stated the individuals in the military would turn on citizens and just for mentioning that he should lose his position and demonstrates why citizens should have access to those weapons.

Your Congress critter wrote: "I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to be safe from guns without carrying a gun."

Let's see if this makes sense..."I believe that every child has the right to be safe from fire, without having to worry about fire extinguishers and smoke alarms."

"I believe that every child has he right to be safe from the flu, without having to get a flu shot."

"I believe that every child has the right to be safe from car accidents, without having to wear a seat belt or a booster seat."

TX expat, J.Thompson and luvmy40 like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Your Congress critter wrote: "I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to be safe from guns without carrying a gun."

Let's see if this makes sense..."I believe that every child has the right to be safe from fire, without having to worry about fire extinguishers and smoke alarms."

"I believe that every child has he right to be safe from the flu, without having to get a flu shot."

"I believe that every child has the right to be safe from car accidents, without having to wear a seat belt or a booster seat."

No, no, no sir! That's sounding a leeettlle too much like logical thought. No soup for you!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links