Return letter from democrat congressmen - Page 3

Return letter from democrat congressmen

This is a discussion on Return letter from democrat congressmen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn Your Congress critter wrote: "I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Return letter from democrat congressmen

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Your Congress critter wrote: "I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to be safe from guns without carrying a gun."

Let's see if this makes sense..."I believe that every child has the right to be safe from fire, without having to worry about fire extinguishers and smoke alarms."

"I believe that every child has he right to be safe from the flu, without having to get a flu shot."

"I believe that every child has the right to be safe from car accidents, without having to wear a seat belt or a booster seat."

Every child should also have a Mother and a Father married and living in the same house and both parents raising the child.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Don't try confusing him with facts. Liberals don't pay any attention to facts that do not agree with them.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

It's simple, fire him next election.

Washington and it's Elected Representatives all need to be reminded that they took an Oath to Uphold the Constitution of The United States. It's their failed liberal policies that have gotten us in the mess we are in and now they want to label us Felons, Not!

Their agenda is to disarm the Law Abiding Gun Owners in this country so they can enslave us. We were all Born Free and they act like they are our Rulers and own us. Sorry, not me...

That gun, by the way, is statistically far more likely to result in the injury or death of someone close to me or them, than someone bent on doing harm.
    I would challenge him on his "statistics." 300 million American guns hurt no one today.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousMind View Post
    " the government spends 25% on the military. Anybody who thinks they can withstand our military is delusional."
    In reality, he is correct. If the government singles you out and decides to come after you, you will lose. I am as prepared as an individual as I can be. I train extensively in the shooting and empty hand disciplines. I have hardened my home (as a means to resist home invasion), and have a profession that does ensure that the "cavalry" will respond as quickly as possible when they find out I'm in trouble. And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if a federal law enforcement agency or the military decided they wanted to do me harm I am powerless to prevent it.

May not like to hear it, but the man stated a fact.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousMind View Post
    sure, it is 40245
    Thank you, But it still wont let me in without the last four digits. I tried the post office website but they only gave me the first 5. Thanks again DR

Most of these Idiots never wore an Armed Forces Uniform,was never put in harms way and saw what happens when Citizens have no way to defend themselves,but have no problem sending 18 year old soldiers and marines with weapons of war to carry out whatever humanitarian mission they feel obligated to get involved in at the time,Hypocrites
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

take him up on the offer, and make your points.... tactfully, etc.

Seriously, watch this video for some very good ideas and points. Comparison of Violent Crime rates, with UK, etc. Choose Your Own Crime Stats - YouTube

I've done it , and gotten some to change their minds on issues.... when explained well enough, with good points.

If you are willing to hang in there, not let your frustration show thru, and just stick to the points..... it may not matter if he's just going to take party line, but ... you also don't know.... you may get them to consider "real options" that could do some good, versus supporting fantasy ones that won't help a thing.

Remind them.... in the last 2 shootings.... the guns were stolen. They weren't committed by the legal guns' owners. It's like the body armour argument (I don't want any) but it's dumb some shooters have worn it and then shot themselves.... so why in the world did they even wear body armour .... too "look cool" after they died ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Here, I ran his response across the Google Politicianese-to-English interpreter:

"I say that I thank you for your inquiry, although I don't really. My mind is made up, so don't confuse or bug me with actual facts and statistics. Because regardless of what you or anyone else says, no matter what common sense argument you make, I'm afraid of those awful, scary guns. So therefore, I think that banning these inanimate objects will somehow reduce crime because that's how it works in LaLa Land. But more importantly, if it 'feels' like I'm dong something good, then I must actually be. So my final stance is....'Guns are bad, mmmkkkay?"
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links