Video: Dianne Feinstein Says Her Goal is to Disarm All Americans

This is a discussion on Video: Dianne Feinstein Says Her Goal is to Disarm All Americans within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wait a second. I think she's screwed in the head, but I want context here. When she says "Every one of them," is she talking ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Video: Dianne Feinstein Says Her Goal is to Disarm All Americans

Wait a second.

I think she's screwed in the head, but I want context here. When she says "Every one of them," is she talking about ALL weapons? Or is she talking about "Assault weapons." Since this interview was in 1995, My guess is that she was talking about "assault weapons." That's not "disarming Americans," that's limiting our choices for what weapons we may have.

We need to see the entire context, before we start making broad sweeping claims, otherwise, the "logic" is fallible.

Do I think she'd grab for "all weapons" if she could? Absolutely. But again, until I see context, there's no way we can interpret "every one of them" as being every weapon, and not just every assault weapon.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Do I think she'd grab for "all weapons" if she could? Absolutely. But again, until I see context, there's no way we can interpret "every one of them" as being every weapon, and not just every assault weapon.
    You need to do a little research. She has continualy and publicly stated that she would haver every person "turn them all" in if she had the votes.

That woman is actually delusional enough to beleive that every redneck in the south cares one whit about what she thinks. I can assure you that they dont.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    She is an avowed anti-gun Californian. They see the world in a totally different reality.
    I have often wondered what color the sky is in Liberal/Progressive Land ....it sure can't be blue like ours.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Re: Video: Dianne Feinstein Says Her Goal is to Disarm All Americans

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

How about any Congressperson,Senator or holder of Public Office that takes this oath and does not abide by it resigning their postition. If you activley seek to counter any part of the U.S. Constitution then you should be tried for treason.

That includes the Second Amendment.
    Wouldn't that be nice?
    "Bless your heart!"

And, I know you know what I mean by the second statement.

Sorry, bud. This is an outright battle, their verbal oath means NOTHING to them. Their fealty is to whomever can get them reelected. PERIOD.

The only way to beat them is at their own political games, and now a days, I'm afraid we need "shock and awe" via media blitz to even have a snowball's chance.

Good luck to us, we're gonna need a heap of it.
    Spirit51, mg27 and Hoganbeg like this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Senior Moderator
    it sure can't be blue like ours.
    I'll bet its pink...
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Her record as mayor of San Francisco was of a similar character. 80 Years old and still just a wicked old bat.

I posted up this link earlier today. I am already hearing someone say, "she meant that she wanted to go grab the grandfathered assault rifles". I know she really intends to disarm us all. Anyway, I am researching for the best response.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    She reflects her wacko left-wing constituency. The same constituency in the same state that spends public money like drunk monkeys on zoo leave without allowing the state to raise revenues (Prop 13). The insanity of out-of-control spending on every facet of California life without anyone remaining to pay the atrocious tax levies is lost on everyone remaining in that state subject to their wacko constitution. The state that Code Pink calls home.

California is quickly becoming a very large third world banana republic with the likes of Moon-Beam Brown and Far-Out Feinstein at the helm.

I may need to delete my own post if I get too political.

Feinstein is worse than Hugo Chavez and Castro combined.
    Amen and Amen, brother. From the choir.

These people (Uber Liberals) have been bred that way. All their lives they have been told they are the best and brightest and we are just the "common folk". Since they are so "intelligent" we can't be.
    They believe they know what is best for us....like shepherds...they herd the (that would be us) for the good of the poor dumb beasts (again, us). They have gotten away with these lies for too long. Time to start deflating those egos. Look at their record. Does that really seem smart to anyone?
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I'm not sure just what the exact pathology you'd call Sen. Fienstein. Not sure if she's truly delusional in her belief that she could possibly take enough of the guns to actually change the amount of violence, or if she's just a pathological liar and knows full well what the empiracle evidence proves otherwise. Or maybe a combination of both. Or something else all together.

Regardless, a person with the type of problems she has makes her unfit to govern.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I posted up this link earlier today. I am already hearing someone say, "she meant that she wanted to go grab the grandfathered assault rifles". I know she really intends to disarm us all. Anyway, I am researching for the best response.
    I looked for the context of it as well, checked the usually places: Youtube, SF Chronicle, etc. for the larger quote. As far as what she meant, that's the problem. Without the context, we simply don't know what she meant in this quote.

To everyone else - look, this isn't about defending Feinstein. I think she's off her rocker. This is about making sure that we don't create an argument that can be discounted with a simple "Look at the context, you're wrong," counter argument, only to find out that it's true. Because the second that happens, the "your wrong" gets overgeneralized to "You're wrong about everything."

I've seen a number of calls for people to be rational and logical on this board. I applaud that course, but part of being rational and logical, is making sure that we don't present arguments that can be shot down by showing something as simple as "that's not what she said." Sure, she may be speaking in code - or her intent may be to get all guns, but if that isn't what she was saying here in context, then using that argument will fall absolutely flat, and it does no good to twist words to make that argument amongst ourselves.

That's why I searched for the context - and why I hope Grinder can find it. Heck, I hope he finds out that it IS about "ALL weapons," because it'll make our rebuttals in the coming weeks much easier when addressing what she's really proposing.

tl;dr version - my issue here is about treating sources accurately, not about what she does or doesn't believe.
    oakchas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The fact the she even holds a public office in this country and hasn't been hanged for treason yet makes me want to puke.
    Double AAMEN Brother.

Its clear what the agenda is and it is time to get every person who values their freedom and wants America back to say NO and to make a move. We all know what will happen if we give in to anything. I dont know how to make it clear to them that the 2nd Amendment is non negotiable!
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.

Re: Video: Dianne Feinstein Says Her Goal is to Disarm All Americans

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I'm not sure just what the exact pathology you'd call Sen. Fienstein. Not sure if she's truly delusional in her belief that she could possibly take enough of the guns to actually change the amount of violence, or if she's just a pathological liar and knows full well what the empiracle evidence proves otherwise. Or maybe a combination of both. Or something else all together.

Regardless, a person with the type of problems she has makes her unfit to govern.
    But, but, but... She ain't governin', she's REPRESENTING! Just axe her... No, I mean, ask her.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Make no mistake. She means it exactly as she said it. She wants them all right down to your 22 derringer and slingshot.

I normally harbor no ill will towards anyone. But, this woman needs to have a stroke before she gives me one.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Her old ass just needs to retire....................!!!!!!!!!

If she wants to be around people without guns, let her move to a different country.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links