Sandy hook not what it seems?

This is a discussion on Sandy hook not what it seems? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK so about every thread created in the past couple of weeks has concerned Sandy Hook or the AWB. I hate to add more but ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Sandy hook not what it seems?

OK so about every thread created in the past couple of weeks has concerned Sandy Hook or the AWB. I hate to add more but I have had this nagging feeling almost from the start that something about the shooting doesn't seem right.

The first thing that trips my doubt-o-meter was the changing story about the location and involvent of the AR 15.

The other thing is the sheer efficiency of the killing...I mean in a high adrenaline atmosphere most shots fired would typically be misses. Yet we're talking 26 victims hit multiple times. That means ALOT of ammo expended. God forgive me for being so morbid about this.

Finally initial reports of second shooter, the man in the woods with camo pants, 2 men from escaping van detained.

Was the reporting just that bad or was it actually conflicting?

Thought's? Are my facts wrong? Should I break out the tin foil hat?

I just don't buy that 1 deranged 20 year old kid (think of your shooting ability at 20) managed to kill so many so efficiently under the effects of adrenaline with so few surviving witnesses.
    BugDude and darbo like this.

Tin foil hat IMHO.

The reporting was atrocious and worse, compounded by lazy poorly trained news personnel in a horrid situation.
    OD*, Darrow75, Brad426 and 1 others like this.

Yeah I am discussing it with a friend as I wrote this thread and I think that the sheer brutality of the incedent leads to my disbelief that 1 person could do this, I just can't shake the feeling.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Remember, this kid had mental issues, one of his problems was he showed no real emotions. I'm with you tho, I don't think all the truth has been exposed. There are a lot of things that don't add up. DR

Re: Sandy hook not what it seems?

Rock and Glock is right.

The mentally ill do not generally have the same physiological responses, adrenaline etc. problems that we mere mortals do.

It happened.
    mano3 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I don't know if you need the tinfoil or not. The articles and early reports are confusing.not saying Wikipedia is always factual but they list 50-100 rounds fired. With the ME saying every victim was shot 3-11 times, there's very little leeway for any misses. One recent article I read (i dont remember where the article was from unfortunately)he fired 79 times, which gives no leeway and doesn't allow for the ME statement to be true unless rounds passed through multiple times.
    Last edited by mulle46; December 31st, 2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Addition
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

The logical me agrees with you guys...the emotional me doesn't want to believe 1 person is capable...shudder.

VIP Member
    There has been more than enough time to have sifted through the facts and evidence there needs to be a final report made.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

IMHO, seemed the CSP were being coached at their press releases with the conflicting and changing stories.....can understand how bad reporting by News agencies is possible .....but by CSP spokesperson.....Hmmmmm.

Tin foil hat. I think that after the initial confusion the facts are out. No second shooter and the Bushmaster killed everyone but the shooter. Remember that the victims were defenseless women and children.
    Toorop likes this.

Has it been reported if Lanza's mother kept the guns locked up, or out in the open where her son had easier access?

VIP Member
    I think the early reports should be removed from any circulation as far as facts go. That sort of thing is common during the rush to proved some "exclusive" report that nobody else has gone to air with. It's one of the hazards of the digital age we live in. Not only is everything pushed out at the speed of light, but it's stored in the ether somewhere to further much up the works well past its natural life.

I think there's no doubt who did it, nor is there any doubt what they did. You are applying a 'normal' person's perspective to it; which you can't if you seek to understand the how's and why's. The mentality that acts out in that manner can't be reasoned out. They are sick and lack some very fundamental controls that normal folks possess.
    Doodle and Ransom like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    Has it been reported if Lanza's mother kept the guns locked up, or out in the open where her son had easier access?
    I don't believe they've make an final statements about her 'security' or lack of it. I think it's safe to assume that even if she locked them up she probably allowed him access to them.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    The logical me agrees with you guys...the emotional me doesn't want to believe 1 person is capable...shudder.
    If you're just talking about the efficiency of the killings, I don't think it's that extraordinary. I think a 20 year old guy could kill a roomful of 5 year olds with his bare hands in a matter of minutes if he really wanted to.
    DefConGun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    No. That remains open for gross speculation.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links