The Dick Act of 1902

This is a discussion on The Dick Act of 1902 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Dick Act of 1902 is very interesting and for all who are concerned about Washington and upcoming Gun Control Legislation should read....

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: The Dick Act of 1902

The Dick Act of 1902

The Dick Act of 1902 is very interesting and for all who are concerned about Washington and upcoming Gun Control Legislation should read.

2. Remove Ads

Heh heh.
    TX expat, Darrow75 and Clodbert like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Were banning your guns...apparently Michelle you've never seen dick from 1902
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Were banning your guns...apparently Michelle you've never seen dick from 1902
    I bet Diane Feinstein has.
    TX expat likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I bet Diane Feinstein has.
    lol

VIP Member
    So.......

It appears I reupped my 5 yr membership with the NRA for naught?
    You mean they(the NRA) duped me into believing my firearms have been inches away from being legislated out of existence?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Nah..
    Who am I trying to kid, this administration, and all in the last 30 years have disregarded the Constitution at some point, what makes anyone think they will stop now?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

It seems the only references I've seen to this act invalidating gun control is posted on fringe websites.

Pretty much every website has the same thing:

"The Dick Act of 1902 cannot be repealed; to do so would violate bills of attainder and ex post facto laws which would be yet another gross violation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The President of the United States has zero authority without violating the Constitution to call the National Guard to serve outside of their State borders. "

It's off to a rough start.

some quick definitions:

bill of attainder: act of a legislature declaring a person or group of persons guilty of some crime and punishing them without privilege of a judicial trial.

ex post facto law: a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law.

Neither of these have anything to do with repealing an act.

The act can and has been amended in the past. Nothing in our laws is absolute.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

and anywho who believes that national guard is the "states army" is soarly mistaken. Just look where the national guard bureau is located, and who it gets its orders from.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by jryan630 View Post
    and anywho who believes that national guard is the "states army" is soarly mistaken. Just look where the national guard bureau is located, and who it gets its orders from.
    Correct. The National Defense Act of 1916 gave the president power over the National Guard during war or an emergency.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Links