Gang Control not Gun Control

This is a discussion on Gang Control not Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is nearly impossible to talk about the true nature of gun violence in this country without being labeled a racist....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Gang Control not Gun Control

VIP Member
    It is nearly impossible to talk about the true nature of gun violence in this country without being labeled a racist.
    DPro.40, msgt/ret and RKM like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill View Post
    Amen. Article is on the mark. IMO, decades of black males running away from their responsibilities as fathers and now their progeny spawning more of the same has created this climate. Packed together in big cities vilolence is the result.
    Actually, the government once again created this mess as it always does. There should not be forced welfare supported by the working to begin with but, when they penalized welfare recipients or cut them completely off if the male head of the household was living there, it was a mad dash out the doe. And, when they gots moe money for their illegitimate spawn, pop went the weasel.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Gang Control not Gun Control

Here's one study on the subject: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/713887/posts

It's time to end the drug war. I would be willing to bet most of this gang violence can be traced right back to drugs, just as people used to shoot each other over alcohol. If we want to cut down the rate of these shootings, we need to return to the Constitution, which contains no authority for a drug war, and get rid of that violent black market. Not only would we not be focusing on gun control, we would stop throwing people in jail who have harmed no one (most users) and we would have less violence. So lets sum up: more freedom, less government money wasted "fighting" drugs, less violence. I say this is long overdue.
    Cold Shot, msgt/ret and sdprof like this.

At this very moment I saw CBS report the first murder in Chicago and 500 murders last year all gun related. No mention it was mainly Banger on Banger. Looks like the media still doing their job.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

It looks like Chicago and Detroit are competing for the top spot in gang killings. Establish a monthly contest of which each city gangs compete against each other for the highest monthly numbers. The winning gang/team all get new sneakers, the losing team has to turn in their stolen guns. Really, just kidding - sneakers are too valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    It looks like Chicago and Detroit are competing for the top spot in gang killings. Establish a monthly contest of which each city gangs compete against each other for the highest monthly numbers. The winning gang/team all get new sneakers, the losing team has to turn in their stolen guns.
    Sounds like a reality tv show, go pitch it to Hollywood!

Everyday it becomes increasingly clearer that the left has no idea what they are talking about.

I have no idea how one ends up a democrat.

RKM
    That article makes WAY too much sense. Which apparently isn't enough sense.

Good thing they ban guns in Chicago. I'm sure none of the criminals in Chicago have guns.

VIP Member
    Well written and spot on. And yet, we are marching toward nationalizing Chicago values...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Good points, well made...

Bird cage liner, unread by elected representatives.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    the majority is always held to the minority views...Example how many of you have seen signs for holiday parties, the non christian minority sets the rules for the majority no more christmas parties we might offend someone. Guns would seem to be a majority if disperesed equally among the population but most of us, including me have more than 1 (over 20) so although we are a minority we appear to be a majority and America has become to Politically correct.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Everyday it becomes increasingly clearer that the left has no idea what they are talking about.

Sports teams that don't keep scores, never having to work for anything of your own at a young age, zero-tolerance policies in schools, and many similar things come to mind.

Life is easy when you can reap without sowing.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post

While I understand your point, I have been a Democrat, a Republican, and am currently registered independent.

We MUST quit being so devisive. On both sides.

I amNOT willing to compromise on guns, mags, or any other false bogey man.

But, to deride our fellow citizen for their beliefs, does nothing for our cause.

We MUST engage. We must be the "better men" in this argument. And we must use every tool in THEIR arsenal to our advantage.

Not all notions posited by any horse in any race are bad or wrong. Just some of them.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links