Gun rights in IL

Gun rights in IL

This is a discussion on Gun rights in IL within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; But they can't do that . So what they will anyway . IL to basically ban all weapons and No grandfather ISRA Urgent Alert - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gun rights in IL

Gun rights in IL

But they can't do that . So what they will anyway . IL to basically ban all weapons and No grandfather
    ISRA Urgent Alert - Illinois Near Total Gun Ban January 2nd!

Illinois is comprised of many conservative folks until you throw in Cook Co. and a few other large urban areas that are very gun control oriented.

I feel for the honest citizens in that state who can't exercise their 2nd amendment rights because of a few heavily populated liberal cities.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

That will definitely go to the courts.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Re: Gun rights in IL

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    That will definitely go to the courts.
    By the time it goes through the courts, all those weapons will have disappeared...

This, if it occurs, might be the "gavel rap" heard round the country...

Wouldn't it be ironic, if Illinois patriots were the first to "revolt" if by no other means than simple civil disobedience?

Refusing to turn in their guns?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

One would hope so. My hope is (if it passes) that there will be an injunction that would delay the implementation of the law while it goes through the courts. That is the reason he wants to,push it through as fas as possible. He knows it will fail in the courts, but wants to "get the guns while he can" usining Sandy Hook as an emotional crutch.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Come and get it

All I have to say is come and try to take them.........
    Drgnfly likes this.
    P220 Carry Sig Sauer goodness. Say hello to my leeeetle friend.

Contrary to popular belief, IL does have many gun owners. There a lot of hunters and clay shooters that don't make much noise regarding AWBs and handgun restrictions because they think they aren't "affected" by them. This proposal would most certainly affect them. I suspect it's mostly a headline grab at this point...but it's an important reminder that we all need to stand together. The notion that "I have nothing to worry about because I only own hunting guns" is out the window here.

Quote Originally Posted by Domr View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, IL does have many gun owners. There a lot of hunters and clay shooters that don't make much noise regarding AWBs and handgun restrictions because they think they aren't "affected" by them. This proposal would most certainly affect them. I suspect it's mostly a headline grab at this point...but it's an important reminder that we all need to stand together. The notion that "I have nothing to worry about because I only own hunting guns" is out the window here.
    I agree. Just in case this does pass I have devised a plan that will allow me to keep an attachment to my property while it gets sorted out in the courts.

Pretty ironic from a place that had over 500 weapon homicides last year with some of the tightest gun laws in the country .. I spent most of my adult life there moved in 1989 ....land of the Foid card . This will be an EPIC fail of course.

Last week Chicago marked its 500 homicide this year.*"The city has seen its 500th homicide for 2012, a tragic number that is reflective of the gang violence and proliferation of illegal guns that have plagued some of our neighborhoods," said*Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy in a statement last week.

The key words above are illegal guns .....they don't follow gun laws ! HELLLLOOO So disarm the law abiding citizens ????? Just great ......
    Last edited by Cheesewiz; January 1st, 2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Add on

Didn't they already lose this battle in the Supreme Court when the Chicago ban was found to be unConstitutional? Not sure how they think they can come back and slap an even more draconian law on the books. The federal gov't will step in to stop them like they have with immigration laws and legalized pot. Oh, wait, no they won't. This is lockstep with the Fed's desire to be the only ones with guns. This'll be lauded by Hussein.

VIP Member
    This is frightening stuff. I truly feel sorry for all you good, law abiding folks that have to live under such terrible legislators. If you guys could only detach Chicago and push it out into Lake Michigan. Unfortunately, it'd just end up beaching and becoming Michigan or Wisconsin's problem, so either way, someone loses...

I think it's legal to store your weapons in another state. Maybe it's time to start looking at secure self storage locations in neighboring states.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Gun right & IL=oxymoron
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Yeah I agree, but since they presumably have the ability to track down folks that own firearms with their FOID thing, I'd be looking for a plan now (assuming moving away isn't an option).
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: The Floor Amendments In Illinois

This is the most detailed information that I can find right now. I'm surprised the blatantly anti-gun Chicago media hasn't jumped on this. Seems to be moving quickly...they hope to pass it within a week. Obviously trying to cash in on last months tragedy.

Not quite the "surrender all guns immediacy" proposal that was reported yesterday, but looks like they're pushing for mandatory registration, fees, etc starting in 2014.

This will certainly set stage for AWB discussions the next few weeks in Washington.
    oakchas likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Damn, is the Chicago Machine going for the record in losing court battles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links