I borrowed this from our Arkansas Carry Site, but here’s what’s in the works and likely to be filed in the coming weeks.
• Rural Open Carry – (unlicensed open carry in rural/unincorporated areas).
• Open Carry – Altes (near duplicate of Oklahoma’s recent law).
• Church Carry Option – (will try to run in House/Senate at the same time – looks very good this year! Same bill as 2011).
• College Faculty Carry – Collins (same bill as 2011).
• School Teacher Carry – Hutchinson (Study group formed).
• Firearms Freedom Bill
One bill related to CHCL’s and former LEO’s has already been prefiled: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...asureno=HB1014
The Senate Judiciary is finally stacked with individuals likely to support such measures. Once again, even with a Republican majority, it appears the House Judiciary will be a problem but not necessarily something that can’t be won over.
It appears the new Arkansas Republican majority is worried about Open Carry because of the loud voices of LEO’s in Arkansas. They don’t want a fight with law enforcement. Contact them and voice YOUR concern as well!
Altes / Open Carry: http://swtimes.com/sections/news/leg...e-session.html
Hutchinson / Teacher Carry: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-guns-in-class
Collins / College Staff Carry: http://5newsonline.com/2012/12/20/st...-packing-heat/