2013 AR Legislative Session

This is a discussion on 2013 AR Legislative Session within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I borrowed this from our Arkansas Carry Site, but here’s what’s in the works and likely to be filed in the coming weeks. • Rural ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By John Luttrel
  • 1 Post By ctr
  • 1 Post By John Luttrel

Thread: 2013 AR Legislative Session

2013 AR Legislative Session

I borrowed this from our Arkansas Carry Site, but here’s what’s in the works and likely to be filed in the coming weeks.

• Rural Open Carry – (unlicensed open carry in rural/unincorporated areas).
    • Open Carry – Altes (near duplicate of Oklahoma’s recent law).
    • Church Carry Option – (will try to run in House/Senate at the same time – looks very good this year! Same bill as 2011).
    • College Faculty Carry – Collins (same bill as 2011).
    • School Teacher Carry – Hutchinson (Study group formed).
    • Firearms Freedom Bill

One bill related to CHCL’s and former LEO’s has already been prefiled: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...asureno=HB1014

The Senate Judiciary is finally stacked with individuals likely to support such measures. Once again, even with a Republican majority, it appears the House Judiciary will be a problem but not necessarily something that can’t be won over.

It appears the new Arkansas Republican majority is worried about Open Carry because of the loud voices of LEO’s in Arkansas. They don’t want a fight with law enforcement. Contact them and voice YOUR concern as well!

Altes / Open Carry: http://swtimes.com/sections/news/leg...e-session.html

Hutchinson / Teacher Carry: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-guns-in-class

Collins / College Staff Carry: http://5newsonline.com/2012/12/20/st...-packing-heat/
    oakchas likes this.
    John Luttrell

2. Remove Ads

Good luck! Best wishes from Iowa! If the "backwater hick land" of AR can do it.. maybe we can, too... I am an "Arkansawyer" sort of... had property in Eureka Springs... Beautiful country. 'course all you southern rednecks get all the good, reasonable laws first.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good luck! Best wishes from Iowa! If the "backwater hick land" of AR can do it.. maybe we can, too... I am an "Arkansawyer" sort of... had property in Eureka Springs... Beautiful country. 'course all you southern rednecks get all the good, reasonable laws first.
    Sir, whether in jest or not, as someone born and raised in the South I find your references to Southerners as "hicks" or "rednecks" inappropriate. I've traveled and lived in many areas of the U.S., including your state. Believe me, the South in no way has the market cornered on the stereotypes you refer to in your post. Just a friendly moment of pause on this; it's offensive to many.......

John, thanks for the thread.....good info from our friends in AR.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Re: 2013 AR Legislative Session

Quote Originally Posted by DocT65 View Post
    Sir, whether in jest or not, as someone born and raised in the South I find your references to Southerners as "hicks" or "rednecks" inappropriate. I've traveled and lived in many areas of the U.S., including your state. Believe me, the South in no way has the market cornered on the stereotypes you refer to in your post. Just a friendly moment of pause on this; it's offensive to many.......

John, thanks for the thread.....good info from our friends in AR.
    I too jump into threads to hijack and lecture a grown adult over the use of the term redneck. Suddenly this looks less about firearms and feels more like some mambi pambi profeessive forum with talks of vegans and starbucks...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I wish Wisconsin would allow the College Faculty Carry. Maybe in due time.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

VIP Member
    I was born and raised in the south and could care less. Redneck, hick, whatever. Take no offense where none was given.
    oakchas likes this.

Re: 2013 AR Legislative Session

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I was born and raised in the south and could care less. Redneck, hick, whatever. Take no offense where none was given.
    Thanks, some folks don't read for comprehension. During my tenure in the Republic of Texas, we were taught those skills.

My neck is as red as any, and I got enough Arkansas hill in me to be considered by many to be a hick. Even got some Bayou backwater in my blood. Those are "badges" I wear with honor.

But, I can sit and sip tea or juleps with the raised pinky crowd, as well.

Take your affrontery elsewheres, gentlemen, we are on the same side.

And, the antis are calling us all much worse. Best develop a thicker skin for the battle that ensues with them, methinks.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ky born raised in the hills. Hillbilly, redneck, etc etc no offense to me at all. Just dont call me late for dinner

Of course the division lines are being drawn on the matter, Percy Wilburn, who is president of the Arkansas Association of Chiefs of Police staked out his stand against the citizens of Arkansas.

Gun laws to be debated by Legislature in session | Arkansas News

Here is the letter I sent to the president of the Arkansas Association of Chiefs of Police in response to his stand against the citizens of Arkansas.

Dear Sir,
    I'm writing you in response to your support of the reinstatement of the Federal assault weapons ban and stance against open carry in the state of Arkansas. As a career military man, I am deeply disturbed that any politician could sell out their country by putting their own agenda ahead of the individual rights guaranteed to us by the Bill of rights; you can not support the US Constitution in parts only, it's an all or nothing endeavor because if you allow some of it to fall, the rest is sure to follow.

One thing for sure, is we have bad people living among us that will do very bad things to good people, for no apparent reasons. It makes no sense what so ever to disarm the honest citizens, because of the actions of the very criminals they need to protect themselves from. I admit that freedom has it's inherit risks, but myself and millions of other Americans accept those risks and are prepared to confront them should we need to. In answer to your statements; “My feeling is no one should have assault weapons unless they are law enforcement or the military,” “There is no reason for a deer hunter to have an assault weapon with a 30-round clip. I just don’t see that.” The US Constitution and the Supreme Court Of The United States says other wise.

To quote Massad Ayoob, a well known firearm defense expert, we Americans have historically modeled our choices of home protection and personal defense handguns on what the police carried. When the police carried .38 revolvers as a rule, the .38 caliber revolver was the single most popular choice among armed citizens. In the 1980s and into the 1990s, cops switched over to semiautomatic pistols; so did the gun-buying public. Today, the most popular handgun among police seems to be the 16-shot, .40 caliber Glock semiautomatic. Not surprisingly, the general public has gone to pistols bracketing that caliber in power (9mm, .40, .45) with similar enthusiasm. The American police establishment has also largely switched from the 12 gauge shotgun which was also the traditional American home defense weapon, to the AR15 patrol rifle with 30-round magazine…and, not surprisingly, the law-abiding citizenry has followed suit there, too.

The reasoning is strikingly clear. The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families. Vr........
    SigPapa226 likes this.
    John Luttrell

Links