NRA, GOA, SAF, et al. Here are the scripts:

This is a discussion on NRA, GOA, SAF, et al. Here are the scripts: within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; To the organizations that are getting money, memberships, donations to protect our 2nd Amendment rights: Each of these is suitable for a one minute advertisement ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By oakchas

Thread: NRA, GOA, SAF, et al. Here are the scripts:

NRA, GOA, SAF, et al. Here are the scripts:

To the organizations that are getting money, memberships, donations to protect our 2nd Amendment rights:

Each of these is suitable for a one minute advertisement on tv or radio (each is approximately 120 words give or take). You may use them for free. If these aren't good enough, fine... but do something... and do it soon... or we will all lose our rights.

[QUOTE]
    I am an American.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I am an American police officer and I would volunteer some off duty time to protect children in schools, but in many states, I cannot do that because unless I am acting in my official capacity, on duty; I cannot have my personal or even my duty weapon on school premises. I would have tried to stop a madman at Sandy Hook or any other school, if I had been there.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    I am an American.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I am an American firefighter; I have a state issued permit to carry firearms when I am not on duty. I would volunteer my time to protect a local school from events similar to those that occurred at Sandy Hook. But I cannot do that, because schools are gun free zones. All it takes to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    I am an American.

I am an American school administrator; I have a state issued permit to carry firearms, but I cannot do that when Iím at my job. I could have tried to stop a madman from opening fire on a room full of kids at my school, but schools are gun free zonesÖ Madmen donít obey the rulesÖ but good men cannot break the law to defend innocents.

I am an American.

I am an American teacher; I have a state issued permit to carry firearms, but I cannot do that when Iím with the kids. I would have tried to stop a madman from killing my classroom full of innocents, but the law wonít let me do that. I guess it would be better to die with the kids than to live knowing I could have done something, if it werenít for the law.
    I am an American.

I am an American banker; I have a state issued permit to carry firearms. I would volunteer some time to protect a school from predatory killers. But I canít do that, because the law says schools are gun free zones. Why donít the killers obey that law? We have armed guards where I work to protect the money. Why canít we protect our kids the same way?
    I am an American.

I am an American retired military man; I gave my oath to protect this nation from enemies foreign and domestic. I have a state issued permit to carry firearms. I would gladly stand guard at a school to protect the next generation from madmen with guns. But I canít do that because the law in this country wonít allow me to. I protected the children of other lands from crazy men with guns and bombs, but I cannot protect my own countryís children. I donít understand.

I am an American.

I am an American student; I protected our family home and my grandfather (Ret. Congressman Leonard Boswell) from an armed robber who broke in and demanded money and assaulted my granddad. I did it by pointing a shotgun at the man. A shotgun that might be banned as an assault weapon, because it looks just a little like a gun a mad man used to shoot 20 kids. This is America, I donít get how the bad guy can have their guns, but we canít.

Rep. Leonard Boswell's Iowa farm broken into; grandson grabs shotgun and sends thug fleeing - NY Daily News

I am an American.

I am an American store owner. In 1992, there were riots in my city. People were burning stores and looting them. We defended our property from madmen with firebombs by using legal weapons to defend our property. Under a proposed new ban of those weapons, we would not be able to protect ourselves. The police were overwhelmed and unable to stop the violence for days. One of my stateís own congress persons want to ban the very weapons we needed to keep our families and our livelihoods safe until order was restored by the authorities.

1992 Los Angeles riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia section 4

korean store owners.jpg

I am an American.

I am an American 13 year old girl. A man broke into my house while I was home aloneÖ I called my mom, and she told me to get her gun and hide in the closet. I did. I had to shoot through the door because the bad man was about to break into the closet and hurt me. Somebody wants to make it illegal for my mom to have that gun, I donít understand why. But I donít want to be hurt by bad men that come to my house. Please donít let them take away my protection.

Oklahoma girl, 12, shoots home intruder while hiding in closet - NY Daily News
    I am an American.

I am an American single mother whose husband had recently passed away from cancer. I was home alone with my baby when a man broke into our homeÖ And I called 911, but they couldnít get there before I had to protect my baby. I understand that some congresswoman wants to take away my rights to keep certain guns. She wants to keep me from protecting my childÖ What, is she crazy?

Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot - ABC News

I am an American.

I am an American housewife. My husband was out working the oilfields miles away from home. A strange man was trying to break into our house. I called 911, and got a shotgun. Nearly eleven minutes after I called 911, I had to shoot the madman. Nearly 25 minutes after I first called 911, the sheriffs arrived. The madman was dead. Some senator gal wants to take away our guns. I donít think thatís right. I'd be dead if I hadn't had mine.

[url=http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498]Woman shoots and kills intruder in Lincoln County | NewsOK.com
    Last edited by oakchas; January 2nd, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
    KBSR, Paladin3840, 8th ID and 3 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Very well done Sir. I hope everyone will use this to our advantage. If we don't all fully engage, we'll almost certainly be sorry we didn't. Thanks for all your efforts.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Very well done Sir. I hope everyone will use this to our advantage. If we don't all fully engage, we'll almost certainly be sorry we didn't. Thanks for all your efforts.
    Thanks.

The organizations need to use social media with them (or something similar), too.

Jane and Joe citizen need to see the good side of this argument... and stop the grabbers from stealing our rights.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Im a Security Guard now I will be a Future Marine MP in a year and then be a civilian police officer and at anytime i would volunteer my time off work to a school around me to
    protect my kids and all the other community's kids and civilians

Quote Originally Posted by Marine2013 View Post
    Im a Security Guard now I will be a Future Marine MP in a year and then be a civilian police officer and at anytime i would volunteer my time off work to a school around me to
    protect my kids and all the other community's kids and civilians
    Thank you for volunteering to serve, good luck.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I have sent my letters to my congressmen, POTUS and state officials.

Now, I have taken the time to draft a letter to the various organizations that support the Second Amendment, offering the above scripts for their use.

To wit:
    Dear Sirs:
    We have taken the high road; we have waited an appropriate time after the tragedies of Aurora and Sandy Hook to speak.

Press releases have been made; appearances on news magazines have been accomplished. It is now time to act.

The Second Amendment detractors still speak to open and “hungry” microphones, and issue press releases to the media outlining their plans to take away our guns.

Our voice, supporting the Second Amendment, goes unheard. The media want little to do with us, and some even label us baby killers and blame us for the tragedies perpetrated by madmen.

If they are not so blatant as to deride us openly; it is obvious by their tone that, in their opinion, we are little better than toothless, redneck, gun and Bible clingers. They portray us as vigilantes, just champing at the bit to use our assault weapons on bad men, and killing innocents who get in our way.

All of the foundations and non-profits and clubs and groups that support the Second Amendment need to drop their small and petty differences, and join together for a coordinated and expensive media campaign to educate the public about the true facts of firearms use in saving lives and decry the folly of gun free zones, whether federally mandated and state supported or private businesses creating victim rich environments.

To that end, I am providing some scripts, suitable for television and radio air time (approximately 1 minute long each)… They are not perfect, they are not polished. But they are factual, and with the voluntary participation of actual public servants in the first examples, and perhaps, the actual participants/survivors in the later versions, they could put a real American face on those who would volunteer their aid and those who have actually saved lives through the use of firearms.

If these scripts are not to your liking, I would strongly suggest that Second Amendment groups band together in coalition, and hire expert and professional production companies recommended by Public Relations firms and Advertising Agencies to put together a package of hard hitting, brief PSA-like advertisements in support of the Second Amendment.
    We need to act, and we need to do so with haste. We cannot afford to wait for the attackers to fire their first, crippling volleys.

Sincerely,
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member

........................,,-~*~,,
    ......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
    ......................|;.;.;.;.;./
    ......................|.;.;.;.;.|
    ............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
    .........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
    ........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
    ......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
    .....(:.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
    ...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:Į""\;.;.;.;.;.,"
    ....\",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/\
    .....\.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:\
    .......\,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::\
    .........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::\
    ...................\::::::::::::::::::::::\
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Good stuff but one question, have the people that were referenced by specific incident quoted given their approval for this since they are appearing to be quoted? If not, it may be prudent to drop those since any one of them could take a left turn and cause a bad light on an otherwise well written campaign.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Re: NRA, GOA, SAF, et al. Here are the scripts:

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Good stuff but one question, have the people that were referenced by specific incident quoted given their approval for this since they are appearing to be quoted? If not, it may be prudent to drop those since any one of them could take a left turn and cause a bad light on an otherwise well written campaign.
    No direct quotes were made. These are the stories of the people involved. Much like the old DRAGNET series.

In the cases where the actual cases were reported-on news stories, links to the actual news story is provided. In many of those cases, the people who used their weapon in self defense actually participated in interviews. There is a possibility they would participate in Public Service Announcements such as those I propose.

In any case, those people could be portrayed ("names changed to protect the innocent" ) by actors.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Re: NRA, GOA, SAF, et al. Here are the scripts:

I wonder...

Would any of us here volunteer to do voice-overs for 1 minute short you tube "films"?

Requirements would be:

For the first group, would need to actually hold the position stated in real life.
    LEO, fireman, banker, school teacher, school admin., retired armed forces, etc.

For the second group, would need to have a voice characteristic to the character portrayed... Young man, young woman, 13 year old girl, housewife 60 years old, homeowner, etc.

Might be able to put something together that shows the flag waving over the constitution, while the script is read, fading to a generic picture representative of the character. To be sent through facebook, twitter, email, etc.

Just thinking out loud here, any takers?

PM me if you're interested. I'll be out of pocket 'til 1/9/2013 , but be able to check in some during that time.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well, we got no volunteers here... yet anyway...

And since I'm the one screaming for speed... I faxed the letter and the scripts to the NRA-ILA... and the GOA. It's faster... I wonder if they'll be acknowledged?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links