Reply from my Senator

Reply from my Senator

This is a discussion on Reply from my Senator within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got a reply from one of my Senators. Still waiting on the other Senator, my Congressperson, the Speaker, President nd Vice President. Should ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Reply from my Senator

Reply from my Senator

I just got a reply from one of my Senators. Still waiting on the other Senator, my Congressperson, the Speaker, President nd Vice President. Should I hold my breath?

Dear Andrew:
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the tragedy of the Newtown shooting. I appreciate hearing from you.
    The unthinkable events which took place in Newtown, Connecticut are staggering. Like all Colorado families, my family was shocked and deeply saddened by the violence, and my heart is with the victims, their families and the entire state of Connecticut. As Coloradans, we know how this type of tragedy can shake a community to its core and in the aftermath of these abhorrent acts our priority should be on supporting the survivors and families, and healing our communities.
    We must have a real discussion in this country about finding ways to stop these types of senseless shootings. While no one law is likely to prevent a deranged individual committed to taking life from doing so, we should have a comprehensive and civil conversation about finding the right and most effective solutions to protect our communities and particularly, our children. This includes exploring a number of areas, such as mental health services, violence in our culture, and a review of our gun laws.
    A Sandy Hook Support Fund has been established by the Newtown government to provide the victims and their families with support services during this difficult time. You can access it at Welcome to Newtown, CT. In addition, if you or a loved one is having difficulty coping with recent tragedies, including those of Aurora and Newtown, the Disaster Stress Helpline can be reached at 1-800-985-5990 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Let us all continue to keep the communities of Newtown and Aurora in our thoughts and prayers.
    I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.
    For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at Michael Bennet - United States Senator for Colorado : Home. Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Michael F. Bennet
    United States Senator

Please do not reply to this message. If you would like to send a message to Senator Bennet, please submit a form at Michael Bennet - United States Senator for Colorado : Contact Michael. Thank you.

VIP Member
    Or, in other words ... Blah, blah, blah ... more politician blather ... blah, blah, blah.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you wrote those letters. We all need to do it more often. I just get sick of reading these non-committal responses from our elected representatives.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I really want to visit his web site after that inspiring reply of nothingness.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

My thoughts exactly. He has perfected the art of writing a reply that says absolutely nothing. And considering they very calm and collected tone of my letter to him, I was sort of offended by his need to include the number to a help line. It sort of felt as if he was saying, "You are against gun control after all of this? Maybe you need help. Call this number."
    DPro.40 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. He has perfected the art of writing a reply that says absolutely nothing. And considering they very calm and collected tone of my letter to him, I was sort of offended by his need to include the number to a help line. It sort of felt as if he was saying, "You are against gun control after all of this? Maybe you need help. Call this number."
    We are all Gun "NUTS" you know. It should be perfectly obvious that we need psychiatric help.

[Sorry if I spilled sarcasm on your screen...]
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I've sent a number of letters to politicians and the responses have always been the same. "Thank you for contacting my office and blah blah blubbety blah". Nothing is ever really said but I am welcome to contact the office any time.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Yeah,

...We must have a real discussion in this country about finding ways to stop these types of senseless shootings...This includes exploring a number of areas, such as mental health services, violence in our culture, and a review of our gun laws.
    Well, we know what he wants to look at... do you think that a politician is interested in removing laws from the books? No, they are "law makers" not "law removers."

Oh yes, they change laws. By adding subtractions to them...

"This line shall replace section 42, subsection 13, paragraph 12, lines one and three on odd dated Tuesdays of months with an A in them."

That's why the tax code weighs 643.72 pounds... because these idjits never removed a law in their lives... The only people who remove stupid laws are We the people... And they let us do that, only 'cause it takes umpteen years to get it done. (See prohibition)
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I doubt that the senator is aware of your letter other than by a correspondence summary prepared by a staff member. I have received the same "Answer All" type e-mail on each and every e-mail/letter that I have sent to my so called representatives with the exception of one from Allen West, it was by telephone, and he addressed each issue in detail and action(s) to be taken. Sad, he was not reelected but replaced by a left wing radical that supported the Obama destroy America agenda.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

What was your initial letter to him?
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

In plain English he said "Bend over; here it comes".

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    In plain English he said "Bend over; here it comes".
    Yes, based on the format of the letter he will follow the herd.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    What was your initial letter to him?
    Constructive Criticism Please...Letter to my Representatives

VIP Member
    Maybe we need to start asking direct questions and demanding direct answers.

Dear elected official,

Will you vote in favor of any legislation which will infringe upon the 2nd amendment? Please reply with one of the following: "yes, I might vote in favor of legislation which will infringe upon the 2nd amendment" or "no, I will never vote in favor of legislation which will infringe upon the 2nd amendment". If I do not receive the latter of the two responses from you, I will assume your response is the former of the two responses.

If you support legislation which will infringe upon the 2nd amendment, I will lobby against you in all future elections.

Sincerely,
    An Informed Voter
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    So he said nothing. A canned response.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Amazing how many words they can use to say nothing...Got about the same general response from two NC legislators. Can and will not commit to anything on any side. Needs more discussion. But it must be our faults, we keep putting them there.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links