Interesting read

This is a discussion on Interesting read within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I couldn't find this posted elsewhere. I think this is an interesting look at gun control arguments. With Gun Control, Cost Benefit Analysis Is Amoral ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By marinevet1994
  • 1 Post By mulle46

Thread: Interesting read

Interesting read

I couldn't find this posted elsewhere. I think this is an interesting look at gun control arguments.

With Gun Control, Cost Benefit Analysis Is Amoral - Forbes

As I was reading it I wasn't sure what direction he was going with it at first.
    TX expat and GraySkies like this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's a really great article, thank you for posting it.

I love this quote in his closing:

People understand the wrongness of collectivist thinking in other cases. They would indignantly reject the idea that a member of a given racial group is under suspicion because 10 percent of those with his skin color commit crimes. But the individualist approach also applies to gun ownership and concealed carrying of guns: group ratios offer no evidence about what a given individual will do.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Good article. Thanks for posting it.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    These articles really test my attention span, but he makes a valid point: punishing the innocent to stop the guilty is not the answer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Good article. I like the "Laws prohibiting or regulating guns across the board represent the evil of preventive law and should be abolished" and agree 100%.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    And no offense to the OP, but this article is so well written that I believe it deserves more promotion than "interesting read" as a title! I think something more like "Must Read" or "Excellent Article Against Gun Laws" or something that will get a little more attention.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Good article.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Thanks for bringing that article to our attention.

Great article. I agree, should be titled "Must Read"
    TX expat likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Great article. There are a number of other good gun related articles on Forbes as well.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

What an excellent article!
    A good example that might help people understand the author's point...is the misuse of cell phones.
    Since many people text while driving, and cause many deaths year (6000 killed last year due to distracted driving) cell phones should be illegal for anyone under the age 21.
    And phones specifically designed for texting should be illegal.
    (Why does anyone need that feature anyway...they're gagets that kill.)
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

That is an excellent article that I wish every anti-gun liberal would read! However, I doubt it would do much good. The liberals believe in a collectivist point of view rather than a conservative individual point of view. They are the ones pushing for a "nanny" state, rather than pushing for "individual" responsibility. Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links