Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden

This is a discussion on Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by skysoldier29 That really was a well thought out letter. The Antis need to understand to fix this problem, you need to start ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    That really was a well thought out letter. The Antis need to understand to fix this problem, you need to start with the people who are pulling the trigger not the guns themselves. Bad people will get the tools they need to fulfill their evil deeds regardless if they are legal or not.
    I think what everybody really needs to understand is that, mathmatically, mass shootings are not really a problem. Every time one happens it is a tragedy, but they happen so infrequently that it is a waste of time and money worrying about them.

What action can we take to protect our children? Stop exposing them to the national media frenzy over the recent shootings and keep telling them how much we love them.
    luvmy40 likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's true, but unfortunately one DUI death a day (or hour/minute) doesn't not yank the heartstrings like 20 kids at a whack. But I wouldn't say a mass murder is not a problem.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Something's Not Quite Right Here...

This is purported to be a letter to Joe Biden, but just a few paragraphs into it, the author writes, "As you begin to formulate your thoughts..."

Something just doesn't add up - I think it's a fake.

Regards,
    Jim
    niks and DontTreadOnI like this.

VIP Member
    The only problem with the letter is Ted's reference to Biden saying:
    “If [Mr. Obama] tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.”
    The only problem...Biden was referring to his Beretta shotgun not a handgun...........
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    As if the anti's care about facts. Face it, the populace is a heck of a lot easier to control when they cant defend themselves.

This is panning out IMO to be another sad situation.....everything this administration has done including re-election has been at the expense of emotionally controling the masses......it's comming again.

mkh
    [QUOTE]We should never recommend or develop public policy that restricts the rights of the good guys based upon what evil people do or might do. If that were the case, alcohol still would be banned. As you may know, drunk drivers kill an estimated 12,000 Americans each year and hurt tens of thousands more./QUOTE]

I think ole Ted hit a home-run with that letter.

VIP Member
    Well-written, articulate, and spot on.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Well done Ted
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

VIP Member
    Well written, he used logic, was not insulting and gave suggestions that could work. Now we just have to hope Joe is smart enough to read and understand it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's true, but unfortunately one DUI death a day (or hour/minute) doesn't not yank the heartstrings like 20 kids at a whack. But I wouldn't say a mass murder is not a problem.
    I would say that mass murder is a problem, but it should not be high on our list of priorities. To anyone who says I'm cold hearted, I would say they are cold hearted for not focusing on the thousands of kids who die for other reasons that can actually be prevented.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Just wondering about the "What To Look For In A Psychotic Person" thingy........Witch Hunts were popular back in the 17th century....don't want to see them again.....thank you.
    Good point. I don't like the opening tones of collectivism. Let the government take care of its own: military and police. And get out of the way of citizens protecting themselves. That's why I dig the "I implore you to recommend that Congress pass a law to ban gun-free zones immediately" line.
    Many members say that property rights trump preemptive injunctions on GFZ. If we can't agree among ourselves, Ted has a tough crowd this show.
    I'm gonna start a poll on this, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    This is purported to be a letter to Joe Biden, but just a few paragraphs into it, the author writes, "As you begin to formulate your thoughts..."

Regards,
    Jim
    Take it up with The Washington Times. They're the ones that published it.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post

Regards,
    Jim
    I think Ted was saying it as if Biden hadn't already made up his mind or been told what to think. Like Biden was open to suggestions about limiting "gun violence/mass murders" rather than ban,ban,ban and ban some more. That said, if Ted wrote this, kudos. Surprising to me, not that I think he isn't intelligent, but that he tends to be a TAD emotional in his responses/statements.
    Last edited by mulle46; January 2nd, 2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: addition.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Well said, Uncle Ted...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I find the letter to be well-written and I'm actually not surprised The Nuge' wrote it. As colorful and sarcastic as he is, he's also an incredibly intelligent individual.

As far as what proposals Biden and his lackies might make regarding a ban, no amount of logic will help our case. Our biggest hope is that whatever gets proposed, dies on the House floor. Anything's possible, especially after a tragedy such as Newtown, but we gotta remember that Republicans still have control of the House the Democrats are going to play it safe and try not to stir the pot with voters. Could be interesting to see what happens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links