Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden

This is a discussion on Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Op/Mod, any chance of fixing the title? I don't know who Ten Nugent is....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden

Op/Mod, any chance of fixing the title? I don't know who Ten Nugent is.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Op/Mod, any chance of fixing the title? I don't know who Ten Nugent is.
    Search engines are your friend.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

He had me until the next to last paragraph. Why are people pushing hand guns in front of Assault weapons to make the point to leave Assault weapons alone as hand guns are used more to commit crimes. What the he*l. I think we need a different talking point. I can't conceal a flipping AR people.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Search engines are your friend.
    Who is "TEN" Nugent? I know Ted Nugent. Its a typo,even though the n and d are separate on a standard keyboard. I know who the OP meant.
    TX expat likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Who is "TEN" Nugent? I know Ted Nugent. Its a typo,even though the n and d are separate on a standard keyboard. I know who the OP meant.
    Gah man. I was so excited, I typed too quickly!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Lol. ok. I know, it surprised me too, to see a calm and collected, well-said letter from Ted. :)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wasn't going to point that out to ya.
    TX expat likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    This is purported to be a letter to Joe Biden, but just a few paragraphs into it, the author writes, "As you begin to formulate your thoughts..."

Something just doesn't add up - I think it's a fake.

Regards,
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    ...Take it up with The Washington Times. They're the ones that published it.
    I think Ted was saying it as if Biden hadn't already made up his mind or been told what to think. Like Biden was open to suggestions about limiting "gun violence/mass murders" rather than ban,ban,ban and ban some more. That said, if Ted wrote this, kudos. Surprising to me, not that I think he isn't intelligent, but that he tends to be a TAD emotional in his responses/statements.
    Uh... Never mind.

I am sorry, but Mr Nugent has long ago discredited himself as a spokesman for anything. Yes, he may be smart, but his behavior and outrageous rhetoric make him unworthy of anyone's attention notwithstanding that he is a supporter. The cause would be much better served by some letters from more temperate persons.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I wasn't going to point that out to ya.
    Thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Ted Nugent has a huge following, and because of this, he is relevant. I like the letter, and I believe Ted probably wrote it. I think he's right on target, and set the tone for a conversation, even if Joe Biden ignores him. Because it was posted in a national news paper, will make it harder for Biden to ignore him completely.

What Ted has done in this letter, just like the NRA did, was offer realistic solutions to the problem, other than the nonsensical banning of tools. I'd like to see tax incentives for the purchase of gun safes as well, included in all of these conversations. I think a good solid safe can help prevent thieves (including family members) from stealing and using firearms in crimes.

Will bad people intent on evil still be able to obtain a gun? Of course. But if we can make it a little harder for them, I'm all for it. I wouldn't be in favor of mandatory safes, but if the fed wants to help us all buy one, or another, I'd support it. Combine this with the dissolution of Gun Free Zones, so that a good man with a gun could help out, when not if it happens again.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Gotta love the nuge. But I think that letter will probably fall on deaf ears.

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    so I'm not, because i pointed it out?
    TX expat likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Uh... Never mind.
    I got big K.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    I am sorry, but Mr Nugent has long ago discredited himself as a spokesman for anything. Yes, he may be smart, but his behavior and outrageous rhetoric make him unworthy of anyone's attention notwithstanding that he is a supporter. The cause would be much better served by some letters from more temperate persons.
    He has spent many years as a rock star/2A supporter. The former makes his support of the latter more in your face than a typical person. Why shouldn't our side of the debate have very vocal advocates like the gun control crowd has? At least our advocates are not hypocritical and elitist about it.
    oneshot likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links