Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden - Page 4

Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden

This is a discussion on Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mulle46 so I'm not, because i pointed it out? I shoot the messenger! LOL...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    so I'm not, because i pointed it out?
    I shoot the messenger! LOL
    mulle46 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I shoot the messenger! LOL
    lol
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Surprisingly well written, and I agree with his suggestion, I believe this is a Mental Health issue, not a gun control issue, I liked what he suggested:

I encourage you to persuade the president to lead this effort by providing a number of public service announcements. The announcements should include watching out for each other, encouraging parents to be more involved in their children’s lives regarding entertainment choices, and knowing various indicators we should watch for in people who are unstable.

Clearly, the focus on solving these mass murders must be on the mentally ill. In almost every instance of mass killing, there were ample red flags and warning alarms that either were avoided or were not acted upon by mental health professionals, family members, friends and acquaintances. While I deeply respect an individual’s privacy and civil liberties, the American people need basic awareness of what indicators to look for regarding potentially violent, psychotic people. Our collective safety begins with being collectively vigilant.

Excellent letter Mr. Nugent. Now if only Mr. Biden will read and consider its contents.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

A lot of people do not understand Ted.

To understand Ted, is to understand that he is, and always has been, a "performance artist." That means, put a camera (or live crowd of people) in front of him, and you will get a flamboyant, gregarious, and animated performance.

Even on his gun rants and position on firearms, his outrageous vernacular and animated personna aside, his message is still on point, and truthful. Completely based on not only fact, but common sense. But it's still a performance. It's what he does. It's how he earns a living. And as far as I'm concerned... there's nothing wrong with it. He gets attention and gets the message out to a chosen demographic.

His open letter to Joe Biden is still the same Ted Nugent, with the same fact based message. It's just devoid of "The Camera."
    mulle46, TX expat, DC and 3 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

This letter has more common sence then the word it self. It couldn't be put into better words. If obama refuses this well written letter then he himself (obama) is a commy and that is without a doubt!!!!

But he did tell Piers to kiss his ass and to his face..........that was a beautiful thing.
    Bark'n, mulle46 and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    But he did tell Piers to kiss his ass and to his face..........that was a beautiful thing.
    Oh yeah.... That was so rightous and cool.

I laughed my ass off over that one!
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    but he also can reach across the aisle as it were.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Good letter
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Gotta love the nuge. But I think that letter will probably fall on deaf ears.
    Why does anyone gotta love him and why would anyone listen to him? Dodged the draft, had multiple children out of wedlock, had to be forced to pay child support, prone to outrageous statements, plus his music sucks. I guess if the messge is right, the messenger does not matter? Does to me. I do not want the general public to see TN as representative of gun owners. There is already enough rhetoric about gun owners being crazy without adding fuel to the fire by having a loose cannon as a spokesman.
    The message to Diane Feinstein from the Marine, on the other hand, was worth reading and heeding. TN's--not so much. He should just stick to music. If Ted is the best spokesman the Second Amendment supporters can muster, then God help us all.
    kukla and Sig35seven like this.

Do to Ted's past and most recent rants (that make him look, well ...crazy) No one would want to sit down with him or be affiliated in any way. Imagine the outrage from the public if Biden and Ted put together a strategic plan! LOL

It was a nice letter though that sounds like his wife wrote it (and probably did).

Any physiological screening put into action should start with an evaluation of him. Oh, I forgot, the FBI just did a few months ago.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    Why does anyone gotta love him and why would anyone listen to him? Dodged the draft, had multiple children out of wedlock, had to be forced to pay child support, prone to outrageous statements, plus his music sucks. I guess if the messge is right, the messenger does not matter? Does to me. I do not want the general public to see TN as representative of gun owners. There is already enough rhetoric about gun owners being crazy without adding fuel to the fire by having a loose cannon as a spokesman.
    The message to Diane Feinstein from the Marine, on the other hand, was worth reading and heeding. TN's--not so much. He should just stick to music. If Ted is the best spokesman the Second Amendment supporters can muster, then God help us all.
    I'd bet you've never met the man personally and all you know is what you see on TV - but that's okay, most of us have never met the man. Hey, I don't like his music; I've seen his TV shows and yeah, he's a little out there for me. Thing is, you don't have to like him, his music, or his personality - and it's perfectly okay to think he's a loose cannon. But take notice my friend, that loose cannon is making a stand against a political machine that wants to take your rights away and he has no freaking clue who you even are.
    Bark'n and luvmy40 like this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    "I implore you to recommend that Congress pass a law to ban gun-free zones immediately."

Bravo!

It was originally posted in the Washington Times.

NUGENT: Open letter to Joe Biden on guns - Washington Times

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links