The Fallacy of Being Above it all

This is a discussion on The Fallacy of Being Above it all within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sure got quite, am I correct? We, the members, are mostly just " talkers". Yep, based on the 422 reviews and just 15 total replies ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Fallacy of Being Above it all

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Sure got quite, am I correct? We, the members, are mostly just " talkers". Yep, based on the 422 reviews and just 15 total replies it appears not many would step up to be involved in a movement of any type against a AWB. Yep, sit back and let the 1% protect your rights. My prediction: Obama will place very rigid restrictions on gun ownership, ban high capacity magazines, assault type weapons, selected semi auto handguns/rifles and will place-increased user tax fees on all ammo, gun parts and all guns by EO. What will our congress do? Zero, "O", nada. What are we going to do, based on the replies to the OP's input? Zero, "0", nada. How sad that millions of us are just sheep and will just sit back and allow this president to strip away our Constitutional rights. I would surely like to be proven wrong in my assumptions, but there is not a chance. Makes me want to puke.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Yep, based on the 422 reviews and just 15 total replies it appears not many would step up to be involved in a movement of any type against a AWB."

Sometimes actions are louder than words. Beware the quiet man. He swings a big stick.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Re: The Fallacy of Being Above it all

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post

I would venture to say that of the 16,000 plus members of this forum less than 10% have attempted to contact there representative over the gun ban issue. I would also be correct to say that if a poll were to be started asking the members if they have contacted their representative in the last month or if they have not contacted their representative 90%+ would say they have not. I would also say that the poll would receive very little participation.

Go ahead and start a poll then. Let's see how many participate.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links