How will the gubmint keep track of all this under DiFi's proposed "registration"?

This is a discussion on How will the gubmint keep track of all this under DiFi's proposed "registration"? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...rly_totals.pdf That's a whole lotta guns, how many of these do you think would fall under the "assault weapons" definition? Add in all the additional ...

Thread: How will the gubmint keep track of all this under DiFi's proposed "registration"?

How will the gubmint keep track of all this under DiFi's proposed "registration"?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...rly_totals.pdf

That's a whole lotta guns, how many of these do you think would fall under the "assault weapons" definition? Add in all the additional private party sales and those purchased prior to the implementation of NICS checks. Has DiFi any idea of the quantity of "evil guns" that "need" registering? Who's going to pay for the giant bureaucratic machine required for such a massive undertaking?
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

2. Remove Ads

We will pay for the bureaucracy that will regulate guns. Just like health care "reform" there will be pages of taxes. Easiest tax to implement is on ammo and reloading componets. I've only been into guns for 6 months or so. I wish a had more time to prepare for the comming storm. I'm glad I was able to get the 30,000 FMJ and 25,000 .22lr that I did. IF more becomes available "unregulated and untaxed" you can bet I'll buy another 30,000 for reloading.

I know many say a tax is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment but this administration has its ways of getting what it wants. There have been generals and SCOTUS justices that have done what they were told to do. Will we the American people give in to thier will so easily? I don't have faith in our resolve anymore. I preparing to take care of my family.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    That's a whole lotta guns, how many of these do you think would fall under the "assault weapons" definition? Add in all the additional private party sales and those purchased prior to the implementation of NICS checks. Has DiFi any idea of the quantity of "evil guns" that "need" registering? Who's going to pay for the giant bureaucratic machine required for such a massive undertaking?
    In Senator Feinstein's proposed bill she states 120 specifically-named firearms that will be banned. She has yet to release the names. Also, the bill includes this "Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration".
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...rly_totals.pdf

Who's going to pay for the giant bureaucratic machine required for such a massive undertaking?

That one's pretty easy.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    That one's pretty easy.
    Yep, I know the answer, too. My post was more of a rhetorical rant than anything. Just pointing out the scope of "the problem" (super sarcasm, in case it's in question) we gun-owners have made for the grabbers, and the magnitude of the costs with which we would be threatened, burdened, and punished.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

VIP Member
    Much relies on general compliance with her "turn 'em in" plan, described here:
    "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ?em all in.?_ Insider Trader Dianne Feinstein | Politics
    If most people comply with gun confiscation, the tracking of the non-compliant becomes much simpler.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Links