Illinios: Last-Minute Anti-Gun Legislation

This is a discussion on Illinios: Last-Minute Anti-Gun Legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Incredible! Illinois Dems press forward with gun control bills, firearms group warns of 'no exemptions' | Fox News Right on the heals of their own ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Illinios: Last-Minute Anti-Gun Legislation

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Illinios: Last-Minute Anti-Gun Legislation

Incredible!

Illinois Dems press forward with gun control bills, firearms group warns of 'no exemptions' | Fox News

Right on the heals of their own Supreme court ruling allowing CC.
    I seriously doubt the ruling will stand firm; at the very least it will be ridiculously restrictive.

Seems the old cliche' "It's a women's prerogative to change her mind" is not just for women anymore.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

2. Remove Ads

Kotowski sponsored legislation in 2007 that would have prohibited assault weapons and .50-caliber rifles. His bill made it through a Senate committee but died on the floor.
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why 50 cals have been banned or restricted or lawmakers want them restricted firearms. I don't agree with an AWB but at least it can be articulated that they are used in some killings...but a 50 cal? I don't even buy the sniper aspect of it since most places a 308 is sufficient. I just can't figure out why 50 cal is such a bad thing.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    They are taking the temperature in IL. (with a rectal thermometer) IL is the rear end of America when it comes to gun laws.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why 50 cals have been banned or restricted or lawmakers want them restricted firearms. I don't agree with an AWB but at least it can be articulated that they are used in some killings...but a 50 cal? I don't even buy the sniper aspect of it since most places a 308 is sufficient. I just can't figure out why 50 cal is such a bad thing.
    I think it's because of the penetration potential. At least that's what comes up every time I have heard it discussed.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Moderator
    It's scary looking.

Its not about 50's or .308's. Its about control. That's all it'll ever be about and that's all its ever been about.

darbo, airslot, DPro.40 and 7 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I think the point is to test the "non grandfather " part of the law, not the size of the caliber. ( Short window to turn them in???)
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    The long distance capability and penetration of the .50 cal is what caused the furor however as a result of this other calibers that are more efficient were developed to get around the ban.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    The long distance capability and penetration of the .50 cal is what caused the furor however as a result of this other calibers that are more efficient were developed to get around the ban.
    Yeah, and because so many Illinois residents have been killed with the .50 last year, they had to do something to stop the carnage!
    OD*, kerberos, darbo and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member
    It's a good thing that the Illinois gun group was paying attention last night. Some morning we're going to wake up and find out some crazy legislation is now law because of these late night, last minute proposals and votes.
    We're only one Supreme court justice away from keeping the constitution intact and overturning laws such as that one last night.
    darbo and HotGuns like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

MJK
    In my opinion they are playing good cop bad cop with the legislstion they are introducing. They are planning to give up the draconian measure in return for the less onerous version of an AWB.

All true 2A supporters have a critical stake in this fight regardless of which state you reside in. Contact the sponsors of these bills and politely inform them of your disdain for their actions. Maybe some out-of-state political pressure will help our good friends in IL prevent this legislation from getting to the governor's desk.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Yeah, and because so many Illinois residents have been killed with the .50 last year, they had to do something to stop the carnage!
    I think you have a new platform for your campaign! Excellent!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    It's a shame that all the good people in that state get run over by the liberal, gun hating folks that run Chicago.
    darbo, DPro.40 and OD* like this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I think you have a new platform for your campaign! Excellent!
    Yes. I might just be onto something there. My staff is quite busy at the moment perfecting the ban children legislation, but once we get past that and my wind farm is installed on my estate, I'll start looking into the banning of some inanimate objects. For the moment, I remain steadfast in my efforts to ban children and save the world from hand guns.
    brocktice likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I thought the courts had handled this for IL? I thought there was a process of checks and balances setup to ensure that our law makers can do this? Oh wait this is Illinois we are talking about, all their law makers must have missed that day of school. We should pack all these people up and deport them to Iran.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    It's a shame that all the good people in that state get run over by the liberal, gun hating folks that run Chicago.
    You got chicago then the whole rest of state. It is too bad. Unfortunately us here in Wisconsin have Madison/Milwaukee then the rest of the state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links