Turning Fear into Anger and Anger into Fear, Lessons From 1994

This is a discussion on Turning Fear into Anger and Anger into Fear, Lessons From 1994 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Fix it for you! Thanks...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Turning Fear into Anger and Anger into Fear, Lessons From 1994

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Fix it for you!
    Thanks
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Here is a good example of a letter that brandishes the very large club that we hold. It gets straight to the point and let's them know under no uncertain terms, that if they are on the wrong side of this we will come after their families financial security.

Make them vote the right way before the vote even comes up.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Do you recognize any of these names?

Karan English, Dan Hamburg, Richard H. Lehman, Lynn Schenk, George "Buddy" Darden, Clete Donald Johnson, Jr., Larry LaRocco, Dan Rostenkowski, Jill Long, Frank McCloskey, Neal Edward Smith, Dan Glickman, Thomas Barlow, Peter Hoagland, James Bilbray, Dick Swett, Herb Klein, George J. Hochbrueckner, Martin Lancaster, David Price, David S. Mann, Ted Strickland, Eric Fingerhut, Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky, Jack Brooks, Bill Sarpalius, Karen Shepherd, Leslie L. Byrne, Maria Cantwell, Jolene Unsoeld, Jay Inslee, Speaker Tom Foley, Mike Kreidler, Peter W. Barca

Those are just some of the names of members of Congress who lost their jobs-- and most of them their entire political careers-- because they made a huge mistake in 1994: they voted to take away so-called "assault" weapons and "high capacity" ammunition magazines from their lawful constituents.

Do not make their mistake, or this will PERSONALLY affect your career. More people are watching than ever before to see that any responsible person, by their action OR INACTION, loses their political career, regardless of their party affiliation.

Make the right choice, for your constituents, your country, the Constitution, and your family and career.
    atctimmy and MoreAmmo like this.

I'm in
    And there is no fear on my part,just anger.And I've been emailing,making calls,and sending letters putting Colorado legislatures on the state ,local,and federal level that they WILL be unemployed should they trample our 2nd Amendment Rights!This includes old Hickenlooper himself who has completely flip-flopped on the matter.
    Already the legislatures in Denver are preparing laws as I speak.
    Best believe I'm doing all I can

Is threatening these elected officials really the best offense or could it possible backfire. Also, as someone mentioned already what good comes out of them being voted out after the fact(if a new ban is enacted). Many, if not all, federal politicians that get voted out land on their feet. If at all, they will not be unemployed for very long.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    While I agree with your other post on being "above all that"... wholeheartedly, I do have something negative to say about this post.

Remind them that they will lose their jobs, fine... absolutely jiggy wid dat...

But here's the kicker.

By the time the election cycle comes around and we put them out of work... Whatever is going to happen to our gun rights will already be long over... and whatever rights we lose, we will lose forever, or until their is armed revolt... there will be no SUNSET clause in what happens this time...

We must get all the fence sitters in the general population on our side... heck, we got to get all those on our side who are "above it all" to join in the fray... NOW!

If we wait 'til the election to act, by removing antis from office, it will be too late.
    Oak,
    How do we do that? From what I've seen if they aren't already involved one way or another, they either have their minds made up, or have decided that it doesn't concern them and won't listen to how even if they don't own guns it does concern them and their future rights....I don't know what else to say to people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Is threatening these elected officials really the best offense or could it possible backfire. Also, as someone mentioned already what good comes out of them being voted out after the fact(if a new ban is enacted). Many, if not all, federal politicians that get voted out land on their feet. If at all, they will not be unemployed for very long.
    We have to threaten them within the confines of the law to make it personal for them. Otherwise they won't take us seriously. Also, I'm all for rising above and doing the right thing but, I find a certain satisfaction in saying, "That's what they would/are doing to us right now".
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    To each their own.

"The carrot and the stick" concept has been around for a very long time for a reason.......because it works. Of course you could act as if you are their servant and ask really nicely while saying "please." That is really not my cup of tea......I am more of a tea party kind of guy.......mess with me and mine and I will mess with you and yours.
    atctimmy likes this.

Many, if not all, federal politicians that get voted out land on their feet. If at all, they will not be unemployed for very long.
    Regardless, they fear the unknown, and getting terminated by voters is a big unknown.

Amen to that..

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    The only thing I am willing to give the other side is background checks.If we believe most if not all shooters needed help thats all I'll bend as
    the guy In Newton tried to buy firearms and he was denied 5 times! If the other side gets more than what I willing you can bet your ass they'll
    pay on the nexr election. I make sure I not going to accept this President recommendations via 23 excutive orders.This meaning gun control was
    going to be made an issue anyway. The President from Chicago (murder capital) Ill the most repressive gun laws in the country.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    We are into February and Joe Biden gun law was su[ppose to be on the books.This battle I can see the tide turning
    in our favor.I betting the only thing we give them is background checks .Magazine capacity only means you carry more.
    I bet I spent an hour a day on my computer educating the other side.I spent most of the time rebutting falsehoods.
    We managed to get the newspaper editors to back off any major changes except background checks which we all do.
    The last two rifles I bought at a gun show I did form7743.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Sometimes voters just get caught up in the hysteria. At least one Second Amendment friend was included in your list, who won his seat back the following term.
    Strickland picks up NRA endorsement CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    Another bad one got back in. Maria Cant-do it-Well got back in. Her and Murray got to GO.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Last 2 rifles I got at a gun show I did a form 7743.
    I'd like to see a Form 7743.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links