Turning Fear into Anger and Anger into Fear, Lessons From 1994

This is a discussion on Turning Fear into Anger and Anger into Fear, Lessons From 1994 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Turning Fear into Anger and Anger into Fear, Lessons From 1994 "The best defense is a good offense." I am sick and tired of seeing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Turning Fear into Anger and Anger into Fear, Lessons From 1994

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar

"The best defense is a good offense."

I am sick and tired of seeing the fear from the Second Amendment proponents. With embarrassment, I have witnessed people that I respect turn into people devoured with fear and worry. I have witnessed so much fear, over the top speculation, hand wringing worry, and straight out tinfoil embracing that I feel that it is time to discuss turning that fear into anger and then channeling that anger to go on the offensive against those that would attack our ability to take care of our families.

We have a very big club in our hands, we do not need to be fearful. We need to make sure that those that oppose our freedom know, without any doubt, if they come after our families security that we will come after their families financial security. In 1994 we swung that big club and we made those that put our families security on the line pay by going right after their families financial security. We fired them, left them jobless, and made them seek another path in life.

In 1994 the Second Amendment proponents helped facilitate a 54 seat swing in the House of Representatives.

Every Republican incumbent standing won re-election. Thirty-four incumbent Democrats were defeated in 1994.

Here are the people that we made pay for turning their backs on our families and make no mistake about it.......they went after our families security and in return we went after their families financial security.

Karan English
    Dan Hamburg
    Richard H. Lehman
    Lynn Schenk
    George "Buddy" Darden
    Clete Donald Johnson, Jr.
    Larry LaRocco
    Dan Rostenkowski
    Jill Long
    Frank McCloskey
    Neal Edward Smith
    Dan Glickman
    Thomas Barlow
    Peter Hoagland
    James Bilbray
    Dick Swett
    Herb Klein
    George J. Hochbrueckner
    Martin Lancaster
    David Price
    David S. Mann
    Ted Strickland
    Eric Fingerhut
    Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky
    Jack Brooks
    Bill Sarpalius
    Karen Shepherd
    Leslie L. Byrne
    Maria Cantwell
    Jolene Unsoeld
    Jay Inslee
    Speaker Tom Foley
    Mike Kreidler
    Peter W. Barca

Their names are here as a reminder on just how personal this is.

Remind your representatives at the Local, State, and Federal levels just how personal you will take this attack on your family and remind them about how personal it will effect them if they are on the wrong side of "right and wrong."

Fear is a killer! Turn your fear into anger and make those that oppose us fear for their families financial security.

2. Remove Ads

I'm in.....
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Sometimes voters just get caught up in the hysteria. At least one Second Amendment friend was included in your list, who won his seat back the following term.
    Strickland picks up NRA endorsement – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatnbullets View Post

"The best defense is a good offense."

I am sick and tired of seeing the fear from the Second Amendment proponents. With embarrassment, I have witnessed people that I respect turn into people devoured with fear and worry. I have witnessed so much fear, over the top speculation, hand wringing worry, and straight out tinfoil embracing that I feel that it is time to discuss turning that fear into anger and then channeling that anger to go on the offensive against those that would attack our ability to take care of our families.

We have a very big club in our hands, we do not need to be fearful. We need to make sure that those that oppose our freedom know, without any doubt, if they come after our families security that we will come after their families financial security. In 1994 we swung that big club and we made those that put our families security on the line pay by going right after their families financial security. We fired them, left them jobless, and made them seek another path in life.

In 1994 the Second Amendment proponents helped facilitate a 54 seat swing in the House of Representatives.

Every Republican incumbent standing won re-election. Thirty-four incumbent Democrats were defeated in 1994.

Here are the people that we made pay for turning their backs on our families and make no mistake about it.......they went after our families security and in return we went after their families financial security.

Karan English
    Dan Hamburg
    Richard H. Lehman
    Lynn Schenk
    George "Buddy" Darden
    Clete Donald Johnson, Jr.
    Larry LaRocco
    Dan Rostenkowski
    Jill Long
    Frank McCloskey
    Neal Edward Smith
    Dan Glickman
    Thomas Barlow
    Peter Hoagland
    James Bilbray
    Dick Swett
    Herb Klein
    George J. Hochbrueckner
    Martin Lancaster
    David Price
    David S. Mann
    Ted Strickland
    Eric Fingerhut
    Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky
    Jack Brooks
    Bill Sarpalius
    Karen Shepherd
    Leslie L. Byrne
    Maria Cantwell
    Jolene Unsoeld
    Jay Inslee
    Speaker Tom Foley
    Mike Kreidler
    Peter W. Barca

Their names are here as a reminder on just how personal this is.

Remind your representatives at the Local, State, and Federal levels just how personal you will take this attack on your family and remind them about how personal it will effect them if they are on the wrong side of "right and wrong."

Fear is a killer! Turn your fear into anger and make those that oppose us fear for their families financial security.
    While I agree with your other post on being "above all that"... wholeheartedly, I do have something negative to say about this post.

Remind them that they will lose their jobs, fine... absolutely jiggy wid dat...

But here's the kicker.

By the time the election cycle comes around and we put them out of work... Whatever is going to happen to our gun rights will already be long over... and whatever rights we lose, we will lose forever, or until their is armed revolt... there will be no SUNSET clause in what happens this time...

We must get all the fence sitters in the general population on our side... heck, we got to get all those on our side who are "above it all" to join in the fray... NOW!

If we wait 'til the election to act, by removing antis from office, it will be too late.
    Crowbait, Frado, Mike1956 and 3 others like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    While I agree with your other post on being "above all that"... wholeheartedly, I do have something negative to say about this post.

Remind them that they will lose their jobs, fine... absolutely jiggy wid dat...

But here's the kicker.

By the time the election cycle comes around and we put them out of work... Whatever is going to happen to our gun rights will already be long over... and whatever rights we lose, we will lose forever, or until their is armed revolt... there will be no SUNSET clause in what happens this time...

We must get all the fence sitters in the general population on our side... heck, we got to get all those on our side who are "above it all" to join in the fray... NOW!

If we wait 'til the election to act, by removing antis from office, it will be too late.
    Hear, hear.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    By the time the election cycle comes around and we put them out of work... Whatever is going to happen to our gun rights will already be long over...

That's why they need to be forewarned now, before they make a career-ending decision.
    Mike1956 and ppkheat like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Just got done writing a letter to senator Lindsey Graham in regards to his support of a magazine ban... I let him know who he works for and what the majority of the people living in his state want.

Every Republican incumbent standing won re-election.
    Unfortunately, that included the 38 Republican anti-gun house members who voted for the AWB.
    Drgnfly and oakchas like this.

Administrator
    Hey Roger. How have you been Bro?
    On the horn making some phone calls here on my end. Gotta keep those phones ringing.
    Getting some mysterious unanswered phones and busy signals from some politicians who seem to be too frugal with our tax dollars to have somebody available pick up their phones. Why does that NOT surprise me?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    By the time the election cycle comes around and we put them out of work... Whatever is going to happen to our gun rights will already be long over...

That's why they need to be forewarned now, before they make a career-ending decision.
    Exactly!

We do not have to wait until it is too late like we did in 94. We just have to instill the fear of another house cleaning, one that costs the enemy their families financial security. It is the fear that will keep us from every having to vote out the enemy. Contact all of your representatives local, state, and federal and let them know that you will do everything possible to hurt them financially if they take the wrong side on this. Hit them where they fear it the most. 1994 is the proof that we can hurt them and we can hurt them badly.

This is not about voting anyone out after the fact......that would be stupid! It is about instilling the correct level of fear and letting them know that if they come after our families security that we will come after their families financial security and that we will make them pay. Make them fear for their own financial mortality. That is how you stop them from voting incorrectly before they even vote!

I am a little surprised that has to be explained.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I heard a very good comment from New York Senator Ball.

" Fight em till Hell freezes over and then fight em on the ice "

It's time to get mean like a junkyard dog until they break off the attacks.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Here is my post from another thread. I feel it is appropriate to be included here as well.

Biden ‘Guaranteed’ Obama Will Pass Major Gun Control Reform by End of January

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Writing and/or calling your politicians should be on your "weekly to do" list. The staffers in their office should get to know you by name.

It's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled so we should become that squeaky wheel. I would say that each politician probably gets contacted by less than 3% of his or her constituents who contact them (as individuals) on a regular basis.

It's obvious that if the congressman is going to listen to what individuals say, those who contact them every week or two are the ones who will get some attention from the congressman or congresswoman.

If I've learned one thing about dealing with politicians is that you must be persistent. One or two phone calls per term that they are in office isn't going to do squat.

Calling every couple of weeks and talking to an aid to say nothing more than "Hey Pat, this is Bob from the Congressman's district. What's his status on this gun issue today? Is he going to be participating in any congressional hearings? You know I voted for him because he promised to represent me, and I really need his support on stopping any furthur erosion of our second amendment rights, and here's why... "

Always be polite and courteous. And always get the name of the congressional aid you are talking with. Then call them by name. It's how you build a rapport and get known.
    ppkheat and BugDude like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    I heard a very good comment from New York Senator Ball.

" Fight em till Hell freezes over and after it does then take the fight to the ice "

It's time to get mean like a junkyard dog until they break off the attacks.
    Fix it for you!

This guys has obviously played some Hockey.

It is a great quote and you are right about getting mean like a junkyard dog.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Hey Roger. How have you been Bro?
    On the horn making some phone calls here on my end. Gotta keep those phones ringing.
    Getting some mysterious unanswered phones and busy signals from some politicians who seem to be too frugal with our tax dollars to have somebody available pick up their phones. Why does that NOT surprise me?
    I have been very well and busier than a one armed knife fighter.

Keep up the good work here.

I have not been into politics for a very long time, but now that I am in this fight you should be seeing more of me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links