It'll never happen - Page 2

It'll never happen

This is a discussion on It'll never happen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven So the "plan" that was devised (Clintons) was to get as many people as possible to ride in the wagon through ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: It'll never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    So the "plan" that was devised (Clintons) was to get as many people as possible to ride in the wagon through "increased birth rate" and "immigration" ? Is this why the rich people (the pullers) are getting even richer? Since the rich are doing even better why would they want to stop pulling and get in the wagon?
    The question may be who it is that's in the wagon and who it is that's pulling.

There are several types of revolution. Can you remember Ghandi? Kicked the British out of India without raising a hand in anger. Do you remember Poland in the 80's. Kicked out the Russions with strikes and civil non violent protests. These were revolutions of non violence that the populus basically said, "we are no longer going to listen to you or do what you want us to do".

Question: How fast would the government survive if "we" as citizens of the US went to our HR reps at each of our jobs and changeed our exemptions on our W2 to have no taxes taken out of our paychecks. We would still owe the taxes and have to pay them when we do our taxes in the spring, but the gov't survives on the taxes we pay every 2 weeks. Imagine if all US taxpayers did that on January 1, 2013. That act alone would shut the gov't down fast and hopefully our "representatives" would get the message. That is a revolution as well.

There are many things that can be done that are non violent. But, will we ever do them???
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Hmmmmmmm..................

Granted, there are scores of thousands of young men and women in our armed forces who volunteered to do more than cut the grass... But the rest of us are here... right now...

And, I dare say... that if, tomorrow, the local sheriff showed up with a couple of armed national guard to our doors... with their arms loaded and pointed at our heads.... Most of this country... gun owners, and NRA members to boot, would hand over their guns.

Gun owners, and NRA members in NOLA did it... Hunting shotguns, rifles, little .22 revolvers... and they called the NRA later (AFTER THE FACT) to try to get them back... this time, there will be no getting them back... and here we sit... writing diatribes on the interwebs...

We can't agree amongst ourselves what we might stand for... more registration maybe... mags of 15 rounds or less... maybe suppressors... who needs them anyway.... Okay, no grenade launchers.. we got no grenades anyway...

I've written letters to my representatives, I've written letters to the editors, I've written the POTUS, I've sent faxes now to the NRA-ILA and to GOA. I've tried to have reasonable conversations and discussions with antis... I have petitioned my government for a "predress" of grievances... I surely won't get anywhere asking for a redress of them... it'll be a done deal by then.

What more can I do...

Should we all pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor, to the cause? You bet we should... but we won't....

Not if we don't have to give up our big screen flat LED wi-fi connected dream machine, our little "cloud" computers storing all our intimate stuff in some cloud somewhere ... where anyone can determine if maybe you've got some subversive/anti american stuff stored... And our little smart phones that will tell big brother exactly where we are at time they want to know....

The "war" for our individuality is long over, and lost, BTW. And most of us won't play a part in the little battle that will absolutely, once and for all, seal the deal (a new, improved AWB)... and it's coming... soon... to a front door near you...

"Resistance is futile... You will be assimilated." Heck, you have been...

So have I...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well.............maybe this is what the Stand Your Ground law is all about.....guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    And, I dare say... that if, tomorrow, the local sheriff showed up with a couple of armed national guard to our doors... with their arms loaded and pointed at our heads.... Most of this country... gun owners, and NRA members to boot, would hand over their guns.
    I agree with this statement.

But it would be interesting to know how many law enforcement officers would actual carry it out. Especially considering some states are going to fight the federal government's authority do take our guns, regardless if it is considered an "assault" weapon (semi-auto pistols included).
    soonershoote and Jeanlouise like this.

You have had two election that show you people want stuff not what is right. And even better if you take that stuff from someone else.
    By the time all their rights are gone it will be to late.
    You have one party now opening calling to do away with the Constitution. what would you expect .
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    We are still in the "vote them out of office" phase. When the food supply dwindles and the 24/7 electricity stops, IE when people can no longer provide the basic needs for their families the 2nd amendment will kick in with every able-bodied person. That's if the 2nd amendment still exist.
    It will not. The 2nd Amendment was doomed the day it was birthed. People by nature do not want to be free and live as individuals. We were born dependent and naked and we almost always die dependent and naked. Unfortunately there are some of us that refuse to be in the regular normal gene pool and strive to be an individual that can think as a free man or woman. I feel like a cancer cell in a body that doesnt want me. I fit the description of the MAXIMUM liberty loving individual. I cant find a single atom in my soul that wants to just sit down and succumb to being a subject to another man or politicians whim. I feel like I am a loner in a world of zombie minded idiot fools.

At first I was hopeful that people were waking up but the more I look into the rabbit hole the deeper it goes and the darker it gets. I am honestly ready to give up on everything. Honestly if I were to ask myself one question it would be:

Why would I be willing to fight in a revolution? my answer would be..... What reason is there to fight in a revolution? For what? For whom would it hold any value? Is my life worth giving up to save an ideal, an experiment, liberty? That no one wants anymore, and actually never did? All kids want are iphones and video games, where is the value in sacrificing life and limb for these people? Would it be better to just absorb myself into the grid of dictatorial ruination that has become our country? Or better to just hike way out in the hills and build a log cabin and just live as free as I can think I am, until the day a predator drone comes and kills me for being that kind of guy? I mean where do you run anymore, and if you stay to fight, who are you fighting for anymore?

I will say I am the absolute LAST generation that has any semblance of individualism and liberty, and the scary part is I am just a 32yo veteran of 8.5 years. Truly I see no hope for this experiement called liberty and individualism. Again I feel like a cancer cell and soon I am sure the body will cast me out because I refuse to be absorbed.
    need4speed likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Just look at Syria today and ask yourself that question again...........

Americans are far to apathetic and just plain dumb to incite any real revolution. Riots yes. Revolution, no.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

This has been planned for a while I believe. The NDAA sets us up as enemys of the country if we pretty much even say the wrong thing.. How the hell did we let this happen? THis is a fruity generation and its getting worse.. God bless our military but I hope that they would keep their oath inthe case of the govt disarming the public..

What can we do? How would you get a million people together when a lot of people my age have a family, house nice cars ect... Most are so liberalixed that they would be in favor to take them evil guns away let alone stand up and fight for our freedom.

We lost a huge thing in our culture and that is, Backbone & Also God, This generation appears to be anti any higher power . Just one look at the freaks on morning joe in the morning and I pray for the end of the world to come,lol...

I'd rather fight for freedom then allow firearms to be banned and be subject to the hitlers of the world... Disarming the people is the first thing these cruel and brutal leaders do.. Dont let them do it people.. Id rather get killed fighting then thrown in some camp where im subject to whatever they want.. There is Good and Evil nothing has changed since the beginning, I dont care if we are in 2013 There still are the same old Evil spirits in people and we need to stay able to defend ourselves!

No polical party is for the people

The Democrats want to take your guns and make it to easy to live off wellfare. The Republicans want to kill the unions and have most people living on poverty wages with the rich paying 13% tax while most of us pay 33%. Right to work even the name is a lie. I do think you are wrong about the youth today. We nolonger have a draft but the millitary is doing a good job.
    rammerjammer likes this.

Angry Idiocracy

Unfortunatley most of the people in my generation prefer their want's over their right's as a citizen. I asked a friend of mine, "So what's you're take on Obama?" her answer wasn't a shock to me, "I could care less about politics, it's only adult drama, and I don't like drama." I'm dumbfounded by the number of people in my generation who could "care less." When I went to the poll's for the campaign, I was the only one my age that was there to vote. Everyone else was older, 40's and above. If our generation continue's to do these thing's, the president or the congress will walk all over our right's and nobody will care. It seem's as if the generation I grew up in feels that as long as they have they're ridiculous phones, their game system's, internet and everything else, they'll be happy and could care less if their right's are ripped away from them. I rarely run into someone my age who cares deeply about our right's as an american citizen anymore. So if it ever come's down to it, you can try to take my guns from me, but they'll have to pry em' from my cold dead finger's on the mountain side. There are people in my generation who care but there is definitly not enough of us. I could only hope that gun owner's around the U.S. will not lay down their weapons. I will not surrender my weapons to anyone. I will fight for my right's as a Veteran and an american as I fought for your rights in the military. There are state's in this country with men and woman of all ages who would fight for their second amendment rights. Montana is one of many. But I don't think our presdient is stupid enough to ignore the fact that 1 in every 4 people in the U.S. own guns. We'd put up way more of a fight then Britain or Australia.

Fear not the weapon, but the hand that wields it.-Myomoto Musashi

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was the Castle Doctrine.

Here's a few things:
    1) only about 10% of the colonists fought in the war - 10% of our present population far outnumbers the military and LEO
    2) Gun confiscation happened in NOLA, but there was no warning of it coming - people were caught in the middle of a disaster, looking to LEO's for help. Whole different ballgame to do it to an entire country with lines of communication open. Most will hand them over, many will hide them - there would be a lot of blood; look at all the militias out there. I think the amount of fighting would shock many.
    3) Meyer 34 - you have absolutely no idea how our tax system works.
    1MoreGoodGuy and Jeanlouise like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links