It'll never happen

This is a discussion on It'll never happen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you live in an area that is not friendly to gun owners, you need to move to an area of the country which supports ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: It'll never happen

If you live in an area that is not friendly to gun owners, you need to move to an area of the country which supports gun owners AND YOU NEED TO MOVE NOW!

join or die.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Our government is largely made up of "The greatest generation"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordMaster View Post
    If you are referring to the generation which fought WWII, most have passed on.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12 gauge View Post
    Sig35seven, there are two groups of people, those that are in the wagon and those that pull the wagon. It's unfortunate that those in the wagon feel it is to "their" best interest to take as much as "they" can from those that pull. The argument is then presented, "Well why don't we pullers get in too?". Easy answer, NO ROOM!
    I think you left out the group that doesn't "pull" or "sit" in the wagon

Quote Originally Posted by SwordMaster View Post
    Your math is flawed. My father is part of that generation, he fought in WWII. When he was drafted he was 19 years old. It was 1944. His was the youngest average age of ALL other units in the war. So, it can be truthfully stated that he was among the youngest soldiers that fought in the war. He is now 87 years old. There may be one or two in our gov't that old but they are the extreme exception. Our current government is made up of the "sex, drugs, and rock and roll crowd". And the "make love not war, no responsibility" generation.
    Jeanlouise and Pistology like this.

Interesting thread; lots of good thoughts.

In my experience, men are forged, not born. I don't mean to exclude women, it's just that being a man, I feel more qualified to discuss being one. Anyway, we are forged in the fires of adversity and strife. There may be many young men who will come through the crucible able to do what is required. There's often no way to know until it happens. Myself, now that I reflect upon my life, I remember spending a long time as a sort of "Incipient Man;" no longer a boy, but not yet tested. I see many "incipient men" among the younger generations, as well as many who will crumple under pressure like so much tinfoil.

I hope the events people are theorizing about never come to pass, but if they do, don't count the geezers out yet: experience, skill and the absolute will to do what has to be done count for a lot and are not to be underestimated.

Start a revolution at the ballot box.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

What if there's no one worthy in the ballot box?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    I think, if we ever do break down, it will start as a result of either a man-made disaster such as a wide spread terrorist strike or a natural disaster.

If we had an extended electrical outage on the east coast that could lead to looting, rioting and general chaos pretty quickly, especially in the cities. That would spread into the suburbs as everyone works to protect their families, neighbors and then it devolves into "every man for himself".

Coordinated terrorist strikes at our electrical grids could easily bring the country to civil war. "Who" against "who" remains to be seen.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

How about a political disaster..................like re-election.....IMO.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    What if there's no one worthy in the ballot box?
    Are you worthy? Step up.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Distinguished Member
    Suffer while evils are sufferable.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links