Here comes McCarthy and DeGette.....

This is a discussion on Here comes McCarthy and DeGette..... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What the hell does 'modified with high capacity magazines' mean? Retards. WASHINGTON - Colorado Congresswoman Diana DeGette is plunging into the gun control debate with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Here comes McCarthy and DeGette.....

What the hell does 'modified with high capacity magazines' mean? Retards.

WASHINGTON - Colorado Congresswoman Diana DeGette is plunging into the gun control debate with new legislation to ban high-capacity magazines.

DeGette introduced the proposal Thursday. The Democratic Congresswoman's district includes the site of the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School. It is also adjacent to last year's Aurora movie theater shooting site. In both of those attacks, the shooters' rifles were modified with high-capacity magazines. Those devices allow attackers to fire dozens of bullets without pausing to reload.

7NEWS - Colorado Congresswoman Diana DeGette introduces bill to ban large magazines - Local Story

Idiots. Just can't help but politicize tragedies. Won't help a thing, won't stop evil from existing. Won't stop a mad man intent on doing others harm. It takes a good man with a gun to stop a bad man with a gun. It's really that simple.
    darbo, mulle46 and mano3 like this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

According to the video here

She clams to have 125 sponsors...

Think Boehner will let it get to a vote? Count on it... all they (dems) gotta do is give a little on taxes, and he'll give a little on "reasonable" restrictions on extended mags...

Better write again, folks... and keep your pencils sharp... because there will be more back door deals on our rights to let the majority save face over the fiscal cliff debacle... We will be attacked and attacked and attacked from all flanks with relentless fury.... trying to get something done to restrict our rights....

"Shock and Awe" political style... As Radar O'Reilly used to say.... "Wait for it..."

This isn't part politics.. But it IS political... and this is how politicians will deal and connive to get what they want, like tax cuts... and sacrifice a little of your rights in the process... you didn't need more than ten rounds anyway... did ya?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I need to get off the grid for a while. This stuff is getting too repeditive.
    mano3 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    I would like to read the proposed bill. Sounds like there could be many mistakes found in it to discredit her.

Uneducated idiots. Some people just never learn.

Re: Here comes McCarthy and DeGette.....

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/03/dems..._in_the_house/

[DeGette]‘s district includes the site of the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School. It is also adjacent to last year’s Aurora movie theater shooting site. In both of those attacks, the shooters’ rifles were modified with high-capacity magazines. Those devices allow attackers to fire dozens of bullets without pausing to reload.
    They fail to acknowledge that the '94 ban was in place, and did nothing to stop Columbine.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Dems introduce high-capacity magazine ban in the House - Salon.com

They fail to acknowledge that the '94 ban was in place, and did nothing to stop Columbine.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Columbine? THEY DON'T CARE, THEY JUST WANT YOUR GUNS. PERIOD.
    darbo, zacii and peckman28 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well, I just wrote Boehner and Reid. I guess that brings my letter count total to seven. I need to do better. Now is the time, guys. Like the NRA e-mail said, the battle is not coming--the battle is here now.

Re: Here comes McCarthy and DeGette.....

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Columbine? THEY DON'T CARE, THEY JUST WANT YOUR GUNS. PERIOD.
    Believe me, I know. I only brought up Columbine because it was mentioned in the article.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    oakchas likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Believe me, I know. I only brought up Columbine because it was mentioned in the article.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    I KNOW, you know... but I was just clarifying the bottom line...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by luv_jeeps View Post
    In both of those attacks, the shooters' rifles were modified with high-capacity magazines. Those devices allow attackers to fire dozens of bullets without pausing to reload.
    LOL, "modified with high-capacity magazines", because you have to modify the gun to accept high-capacity magazines. LOL, "pausing to reload", because it takes so long to reload.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

It's all about control.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Well, this is all going to be just as we thought. Nothing but knee jerk reactions without really doing anything about the root causes. This is an interesting video and even though we rarely agree with anything MM says, this time he is right.

I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

VIP Member
    I'm telling you if just 3 million gun owners showed up on the hill on the same day, all unarmed and legal, this nonsense would stop once and for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links