Biden ‘Guaranteed’ Obama Will Pass Major Gun Control Reform by End of January - Page 3

Biden ‘Guaranteed’ Obama Will Pass Major Gun Control Reform by End of January

This is a discussion on Biden ‘Guaranteed’ Obama Will Pass Major Gun Control Reform by End of January within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I get this sinking feeling that there's gonna be a deal involving mags/guns and spending cuts .........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Biden ‘Guaranteed’ Obama Will Pass Major Gun Control Reform by End of January

I get this sinking feeling that there's gonna be a deal involving mags/guns and spending cuts ......

VIP Member
    They're not going to take our guns

head-in-sand.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    martial law requires the military to comply. Very few of the people I knew in the military would comply with those orders.
    This may be true for the older and more mature members of the military. But what about the 18 year old's who just want to shoot people? Some of these kids would just be dieing to see "some action". Or the 18 year old's who don't know any better than to just follow orders? Can't lump them ALL into that category, but I'd guess that the majority that would comply would be the very young troops.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Healthcare reform, gun reform, tax reform.....how about some POLITICIAN REFORM?????
    I think we've pretty well reached taxation without representation, and we're certainly not a government of the people, and for the people.
    BugDude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TinsleyC View Post
    I think we've pretty well reached taxation without representation, and we're certainly not a government of the people, and for the people.
    Amen, brother. We are now living in an Orwellian State.
    ctr likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    To be honest, Biden shoots off his mouth a lot. Who knows if this makes sense or not, but I do not bet on Biden's IQ.
    Hes a politician and what do politicians do to the people. I think we all know the answer to that. Three letters Id like to buy a vowel Pat Ill guess the word L*E. Stay safe everyone Carry on.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    But Obama has only passed legilstion that furthered guns rights. He would never try to push gun control.
    /sarc off.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    This may be true for the older and more mature members of the military. But what about the 18 year old's who just want to shoot people? Some of these kids would just be dieing to see "some action". Or the 18 year old's who don't know any better than to just follow orders? Can't lump them ALL into that category, but I'd guess that the majority that would comply would be the very young troops.
    Are you frickin serious? And exactly how many 18 year olds do you suppose there are in our military that want to gun down their fellow Americans? The ONLY "18 year olds who just want to shoot people" that I've ever met wanted to kill "ragheads" because they decided to attack our country and kill their fellow Americans. The military doesn't hire a bunch of Adam Lanzas and Jarod Loughners that get off on killing innocent people.
    nedrgr21 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Blue Helmets?Those suckers wouldnt last through the week if they were stupid enough to try anything.
    Agreed... They would be hot targets the moment they set foot on US soil.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    martial law requires the military to comply. Very few of the people I knew in the military would comply with those orders.
    I hate to say this, but a few individuals within a platoon or larger size unit that refuse to carry out the order of a superior officer would be charged and prosecuted by a military court. The only way, IMO, would be for a platoon or larger size units to refuse to carry out the order and lay down their weapons. Let us not forget the actions of the military and the police during and after hurricane Katrina, the shooting of unarmed students at Kent State and slaughter at Ruby Ridge by those that swore to serve and protect.
    The TSA has willfully violated the laws of our land each and everyday and has recently purchased millions of round of HP ammunition, to use against the terrorist? They have never identified/arrested a terrorist, then what is the intended use of the ammo? Speaking of the TSA can you just imagine having them armed.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Again..the gun control issue didn't come from Obama's hidden agenda as so many want to believe. It is coming from the public demanding it. I hear the same demands from Republicans as well as Democrats especially against assault weapons. You can't tell me that Romney wouldn't have done the same as Obama to appeal to the public demand for gun control.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I hate to say this, but a few individuals within a platoon or larger size unit that refuse to carry out the order of a superior officer would be charged and prosecuted by a military court. The only way, IMO, would be for a platoon or larger size units to refuse to carry out the order and lay down their weapons. Let us not forget the actions of the military and the police during and after hurricane Katrina, the shooting of unarmed students at Kent State and slaughter at Ruby Ridge by those that swore to serve and protect.
    The TSA has willfully violated the laws of our land each and everyday and has recently purchased millions of round of HP ammunition, to use against the terrorist? They have never identified/arrested a terrorist, then what is the intended use of the ammo? Speaking of the TSA can you just imagine having them armed.
    The Department of Homeland Security purchased millions of round (over a period of 5 years), and do you know why? BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYS PEOPLE THAT CARRY WEAPONS AND THEY NEED AMMUNITION FOR THOSE WEAPONS FOR TRAINING AND CARRY. I'm sick of this conspiracy talk about purchasing ammo. How much ammo do you have? Just for your one person? Now multiply your needs times every single gov't employ that carries a weapon, for an entire 5 years. It's not any surprise at all the amount of ammo needed by DHS.
    Pistology likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Again..the gun control issue didn't come from Obama's hidden agenda as so many want to believe. It is coming from the public demanding it. I hear the same demands from Republicans as well as Democrats especially against assault weapons. You can't tell me that Romney wouldn't have done the same as Obama to appeal to the public demand for gun control.
    Obama has been for gun control as long as he has been in politics. His brief respite in his first term was all about getting re-elected.

I can say Romney wouldn't have done the same thing. He would still have had the option to run for another term if he had won this one and he would absolutely have needed conservatives to get re-elected.

I am not saying this because of my political views but because of my understanding of the nature of politcal ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    So you think that there are those in the military who joined just to shoot people? That they would willingly shoot fellow Americans in a martial law scenario? I think almost all would lay down their weapons first. Not to mention, the older troops/officers would have to relay that order and I doubt many would.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Yes, if an officer actually made that order to his subordinates. I doubt that many officers would carry out an unlawful order. Yes, there have been incidents like those you mentioned, but isolated and I dont think it would translate in action to widespread action against American citizens in a martial law scenario. As far as the TSA goes, with the stuff they routinely miss in screening, I doubt they would be good shots.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Accountability.jpg
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links