Go Ann Coulter

This is a discussion on Go Ann Coulter within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by suntzu Ann COulter's logic is partly correct and partly wrong. She mentions that a guard would get chot first or he would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Go Ann Coulter

  1. #16
    Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Ann COulter's logic is partly correct and partly wrong. She mentions that a guard would get chot first or he would be the one that goes beserk. Well, same would be true for a teacher. If a BG was to go into a school knowing that teachers can be armed would he not shoot every adult first?
    Other points aside, you just compared taking out one armed guard to taking out multiple (lets say at least thirty in a small school building) randomly armed adult teachers that are spread across campus. I don't see the resemblance or how taking out one armed person is just as hard as taking out tens of randomly armed adults.

    Maybe that's just me though.

    Edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    School shootings that could be prevented by a CC'ing teacher are very rare indeed.
    Also a presumptuous logical fallacy. Are you under the impression that just one teacher would be allowed to cc or something?
    SpringerXD and goldmaster like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Other points aside, you just compared taking out one armed guard to taking out multiple (lets say at least thirty in a small school building) randomly armed adult teachers that are spread across campus. I don't see the resemblance or how taking out one armed person is just as hard as taking out tens of randomly armed adults.

    Maybe that's just me though.

    Edit:



    Also a presumptuous logical fallacy. Are you under the impression that just one teacher would be allowed to cc or something?
    The point I was making (and I was speaking mostly from the insights of folks that do not want teachers CC'ing) is that folks think that the chances are better that an idiot teacher would injure a student with an ND than there is of them protecting students from a mass killer which is very rare.

    And you are just making up a number when you say that there would be 30 people armed in a small school. Where did you come up with that number?

    And lest we forget my last statement which was:
    Just presenting the logic from the other side....
    You can think what ever you want, you can be correct, but if you do not understand the logic from the other side then you can't convince them to change their ways.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  4. #18
    Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You can think what ever you want, you can be correct, but if you do not understand the logic from the other side then you can't convince them to change their ways.
    Huh? Logic on the other side? When did this happen? Do you have a link?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Huh? Logic on the other side? When did this happen? Do you have a link?
    I assume that was sarcasm LOL....but you bring up a point that many folks here can not get a grasp of. There is a defference between having flawed logic and having a bad premise. One can have a premise that there should be gun control and can logically and intelligently argue it. Doesn't mean it is correct or that you, me, or the peanut gallery likes it.

    I have seen pro gun folks argue using the premise that there should be no gun control and they sound like blooming idiots. But I agree with the premise. The point is to argue your premise intelligently and dispassionatlety......which sometimes does not happen on both sides.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  6. #20
    Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I assume that was sarcasm LOL....but you bring up a point that many folks here can not get a grasp of. There is a defference between having flawed logic and having a bad premise. One can have a premise that there should be gun control and can logically and intelligently argue it. Doesn't mean it is correct or that you, me, or the peanut gallery likes it.

    I have seen pro gun folks argue using the premise that there should be no gun control and they sound like blooming idiots. But I agree with the premise. The point is to argue your premise intelligently and dispassionatlety......which sometimes does not happen on both sides.
    Yeah, it was sarcasm and irony. :)

    I agree with what you're saying. The less emotion an argument has, the more perceived validity it usually carries. It's a double-edged sword, because we're very passionate about gun rights and the emotion comes out too easily sometimes. I'm personally guilty of many counts of this.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  7. #21
    Member Array tony1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    454
    I just listened to the video of Ann Coulter and I loved it. He really nailed it.

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array rottkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,194
    She is spot on.... Nothing more to say... just spot on.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

    NRA Member

  9. #23
    New Member Array johnny51966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1
    GD she is good....

  10. #24
    Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    616
    I know this post is late to the origin of this thread. However, I saw the Coulter interview with Hannity and I'm also familiar with the study by Landes and Lott which is considered, even by many gun opponents, and the single best study ever conducted on gun ownership and crime. So when I saw the video, I wondered how well her points reflected the conclusions of that study (i.e., that pro concealed carry laws are the single best policy for reducing public shootings). Well, John Lott (co-author of that seminal study) posted her interview on his personal website. So, there you have it I guess. Go Ann!

    John Lott's Website: Coulter discusses my work with Landes on Hannity
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ann coulter on 2nd amendment

,
is ann coulter pro gun
Click on a term to search for related topics.