Hey America, No High Capacity Mags for you.. Bill Introduced - Page 2

Hey America, No High Capacity Mags for you.. Bill Introduced

This is a discussion on Hey America, No High Capacity Mags for you.. Bill Introduced within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by playingD There is a demo of a magazine change starting at the 9:15 mark in this video: Magazine Ban of 2013 - ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hey America, No High Capacity Mags for you.. Bill Introduced

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by playingD View Post
    There is a demo of a magazine change starting at the 9:15 mark in this video: Magazine Ban of 2013 - YouTube
    Yea I saw that one. I was referring to having one mag taped upside down while the other is in the mag well. You know like in the movies.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zxd9 View Post
    You know once they realize that mag changes are quick and banning 30 rounders really does no good at all, they will simply require that semi-auto firearms don't have removeable mags. They'll keep pushing and pushing until we have single shot firearms at best.
    Yep. And it's a slippery slope from there. Then they'll finally realize that a mag change is super quick, so it'll be all semiautomatics on the chopping block. Then after the next mass killing, they'll "discover" the revolver speed loader. "These dangerous devices enable a shooter to instantly insert six more rounds into those weapons of mass destruction. Who will save the children?!?!?!?!?!"

I am really, really sick of it all.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Bark'n,

My condolences. They really are part of the family so I am sorry for you loss.
    Remember, all dogs go to Heaven.

Max
    DC likes this.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    And what makes you so confident it will pass? The republicans control Congress and I personally don't see any additional gun laws getting past them in the near future.
    Republicans control the House, but being Republican means very little right now. Being pro-2A, believe it or not, doesn't mean much more. There are going to be a lot of back door deals to get the financial situation under control and you can bet your paycheck the Democrats are going to use gun laws as leverage against the Republicans. John Boehner is in a position to kill any anti-gun proposals but it's pretty likely he'll let at least some sort of gun control go to a vote if it means the Democrats will cave on things like spending cuts and taxes.

I am starting to get the feeling that a lot of this rushed legislation to ban anything related to firearms is a play to the left base for those politicians involved. I just read the IL law to ban all guns was pulled due to lack of votes. I am sure they will keep trying using before the emotions of the school shooting are still fresh. I hope that when a little time has passed, this type of grand standing will subside.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by zxd9 View Post
    They'll keep pushing and pushing until we have single shot firearms at best.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^ If you've ever watched the debate between LaPierre and the lady from the U.N. you quickly realize this is where it's headed. The goal stated by her was: ONE single shot rifle and ONE single shot shotgun, ZERO handguns.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^ If you've ever watched the debate between LaPierre and the lady from the U.N. you quickly realize this is where it's headed. The goal stated by her was: ONE single shot rifle and ONE single shot shotgun, ZERO handguns.
    IIRC, we had a little skirmish to prove we were our own people and separate from the rest of the world. We, as a nation, have been too passive in letting the ruling class exist and do what it wants. We have voted in idiots because no sane person wants to run the media gauntlet to get elected to a significant post. It is not too late, but it will take a lot of work and effort to fix this mess. Part of that is telling the UN to bug off - not that I expect the current administration to do anything of the sort. (I am talking about work to make changes legally through the system.)
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

No offense taken Bark'n. I originally had a long rant trashing Rep DeGette and just deleted it and posted what I originally did.

What I find most ironic is that Rep DeGette's district, which I reside in, is the only district in the state that already has an assault weapons ban, yet it is the district with the highest crime rate. The rest of the state doesn't care for the ban, and they almost succeeded in repealing it when the CCW laws were passed a few years ago. As a matter of fact, they did repeal it and then the city/county of Denver sued the state and the state supreme court ruled in favor of the city.

I will never understand why people like her find it necessary to implement their rules on the masses when nobody really wants to go along. I hope I'm still here to try and vote her out in '14.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    IIRC, we had a little skirmish to prove we were our own people and separate from the rest of the world. We, as a nation, have been too passive in letting the ruling class exist and do what it wants. We have voted in idiots because no sane person wants to run the media gauntlet to get elected to a significant post. It is not too late, but it will take a lot of work and effort to fix this mess. Part of that is telling the UN to bug off - not that I expect the current administration to do anything of the sort. (I am talking about work to make changes legally through the system.)
    All good points. In my dream world, on the day after I'm elected as President, the front page photo caption of the New York Times would read, "President SpringerXD flips the middle finger to U.N. officials as they leave our shores for the final time."
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Is it unethical for me to fight for the opposite of what I believe in? I'm think of this as a sort of practical application of reverse psychology. If I start making statements that most people view as totally irrational, maybe they would disagree with me.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Where's the evidence that preventing law-abiding people from buying "high-capacity" magazines will reduce violent gun crime? That's such a wild reach. Do any logicians post here?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Yep. And it's a slippery slope from there. Then they'll finally realize that a mag change is super quick, so it'll be all semiautomatics on the chopping block. Then after the next mass killing, they'll "discover" the revolver speed loader. "These dangerous devices enable a shooter to instantly insert six more rounds into those weapons of mass destruction. Who will save the children?!?!?!?!?!"

I am really, really sick of it all.
    The "it'll be all semi-automatics on the chopping block" ...... the Dem's are already going for that. NO GUN with detachable or removable magazines !!!
    And, they don't just want semi- rifles, but "ALL" semi's... including handguns. And, .... "any" gun which was designed for military use..... the military used muskets', the 1911 handgun was designed for military use, it would include all semi-auto rifles and specifically names the M1A, etc. Plus, they have "discussed" any caliber of ammunition used by the military, which would include 9 mm, .45's, .5.56, 308, etc. or any Mosin, Lebel, Enfields, and any ammo designed for use in those guns.

This "bill" is NOT restricted to AR's in any way.... at all.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

As far as I knew doesn't the House of Reps have to vote on bills like that? Reps control the house. I doubt the ban that the Frankenstein has coming will go anywhere no matter how bad ol' Barry wants it. I'm keeping up hope on it. I know South Carolina won't ever allow something of that magnitude and are trying to distance theirselves from any kind of gun-control issue. I've said it time and time again, that is why I chose not to live in a state with high Democratic and Liberal populations. They're all about legalizing the dope for the potheads but want to do away with freedoms for law abiding citizens who don't use or abuse. Makes no sense to me. And even more sense not to visit or live in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    The "it'll be all semi-automatics on the chopping block" ...... the Dem's are already going for that. NO GUN with detachable or removable magazines !!!
    And, they don't just want semi- rifles, but "ALL" semi's... including handguns. And, .... "any" gun which was designed for military use..... the military used muskets', the 1911 handgun was designed for military use, it would include all semi-auto rifles and specifically names the M1A, etc. Plus, they have "discussed" any caliber of ammunition used by the military, which would include 9 mm, .45's, .5.56, 308, etc. or any Mosin, Lebel, Enfields, and any ammo designed for use in those guns.

This "bill" is NOT restricted to AR's in any way.... at all.
    It's pretty big and bad and scary but I bet it gets blown down. People are still hell bent on straight emotions right now and have no reasonable thinking. I think the Dems and Obama know what will happen if they push all this in their favor. They'll never see the Senate, Congress or White House for a very very long time.

Hey America, No High Capacity Mags for you.. Bill Introduced

Quickly write your Representatives. It's easy and it does make a difference!

They respond to movements! Make this our movement; this is an opportunity for this nation to affirm the 2nd Amendment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links