Ten gun bills on Congress's first day - Page 3

Ten gun bills on Congress's first day

This is a discussion on Ten gun bills on Congress's first day within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BugDude Good response!!! The heck it was. That is a canned response "standing on the fence position" so as to not irritate ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Ten gun bills on Congress's first day

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Good response!!!
    The heck it was. That is a canned response "standing on the fence position" so as to not irritate anybody regardless of their views on gun control.

I've received 2 responses that were definitive as to their position, and I will at least give them props for that. Unfortunately they were both 100% in support of killing the 2a. All the other responses that I have received read both ways. Structured by a panel of speech writers to be a vague as possible, but leave the hint that they side with the reader.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Politicians being vague? Now I've heard everything.

Make it that a gun owner has a week to report a stonen gun after they know it is stolen

At a gun show, a non ffl person showing or attempting to sell more than 10 guns must use the background checks, a ffl dealer at the show can do the transfer for free to make it legal. This will keep small timers from having big brother off their backs and somebody who is selling a lot of guns to do checks. Also what about estate auction? I have seen sales off 50 some guns with no checks as its private party deal, auction companys should hire a ffl to do transfers if over 10 guns.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Re: Ten gun bills on Congress's first day

Quote Originally Posted by ashamans View Post
    Make it that a gun owner has a week to report a stonen gun after they know it is stolen

At a gun show, a non ffl person showing or attempting to sell more than 10 guns must use the background checks, a ffl dealer at the show can do the transfer for free to make it legal. This will keep small timers from having big brother off their backs and somebody who is selling a lot of guns to do checks. Also what about estate auction? I have seen sales off 50 some guns with no checks as its private party deal, auction companys should hire a ffl to do transfers if over 10 guns.
    Background checks for 10 guns? That's ridiculous. What's the difference between 1 gun, 10 or even 50?

If the buyer isn't a criminal the guns won't be used for crime. If he is a criminal, there are already hundreds of laws against him.

News flash: laws don't deter criminals. They are there to execute justice after the crime has been committed.

All this nonsense regarding more background checks is just adding more burdens to lawful citizens. If implemented you'll see dealers charging more excessive fees because they can.

And it still won't stop a damn thing, so what's the point? To make the sheeple feel better? Whoop-de-do

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Did you expect something different?

Quote Originally Posted by oFant0mo View Post
    Ive written to Mayor Bloomberg, my NJ Congressmen, my Senators, and my Governor... no one has responded.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    Did you expect something different?
    If they had their way, they'd respond with a knock on his door...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Lets make it so all the gun regulations are repealed. They are unconstitutional. They accomplish nothing except make unwilling criminals out of law abiding citizens and reduce a citizens ability to defend themselves against those who dont pay attention to any regulations laws or anything else except how to prey on their next victim.

Its really really REALLY hard to believe that sentient beings cannot seem to grasp that simple truth. Or that shall not be infringed means not interfered with. Jeez

VIP Member
    That includes the NRA because they support NICS background checks as a prerequisite to gun buying.
    NICS blocks sales to felons, people with a criminal history of domestic violence, people with a criminal history of other offenses (multiple DUIs, non-NCIC warrants, etc.), people with a criminal history of drug abuse, and subjects of domestic violence restraining orders.
    The NICs prohibited list consists of those who first committed an offense. So government is efficient at making a list of people that it processes. And it's usually fairly efficient at inserting itself into market transactions. But government is terribly inefficient as a protector from random hot heads in their most extreme expressions of violence.
    Sheep need their security blanket and their politicians to convince them that they are looking out for their protection. Some day, logic and truth will out. Just keep fighting the good fight with facts and logical argument.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Response from my congressman:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School shooting. I appreciate hearing from you on this serious issue.

On December 14, 2012, our nation experienced an unspeakable tragedy in Newtown. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, as well as to their families and loved ones. Now is the time to reflect on how we can best prevent acts like this in a way that does not violate our Second Amendment rights.

In response to this tragedy, several pieces of legislation are expected to be introduced in the 113th Congress by gun control advocates. Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein has already announced her plans to introduce a renewal of the "assault weapons" ban on the first day of the 113th Congress. Her proposal would ban the sale, transfer, importation, and possession of so-called assault weapons, as defined in that bill. Her legislation would also ban the sale of ammunition magazines of more than ten bullets.

I oppose such gun control proposals because they are unconstitutional, and they do not keep Americans safe. Connecticut, the state where the Newtown shooting occurred, has some of the most stringent gun laws in the nation. Yet the shooter stole guns, carried them into a gun-free zone filled with innocent unarmed victims, and murdered 27 of them. This tragedy only underscores the ineffectiveness of gun-free zones and assault weapon bans.

In the coming weeks, I will be in discussions with my colleagues and constituents regarding the best ways in which to combat these horrendous acts of violence. Rest assured, I value your input and will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress debates these issues.

Sincerely,

Thomas Massie

Better, almost convinced that one's on our side. I think that makes 3 now that I have read.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links