Once "they" totally tear down the 2nd amendment - the 1st amendment will be next

This is a discussion on Once "they" totally tear down the 2nd amendment - the 1st amendment will be next within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rednichols I am not advocating ANY measure proposed by the Feinsteins as "reasonable restrictions"; what I AM saying is that reasonable restrictions ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Once "they" totally tear down the 2nd amendment - the 1st amendment will be next

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post

I am not advocating ANY measure proposed by the Feinsteins as "reasonable restrictions"; what I AM saying is that reasonable restrictions are already in place, as set out in the Supreme Court's decisions (Haller and MacDonald; if you haven't read at least Haller, do so!) where sawed-off shotguns have been restricted for a very long time; perhaps longer than some posters on this forum have been living. What I AM saying is that the "reasonable restrictions" matter has already been decided, and should reasonably applied to every part of the Constitution, and that includes the rest of the Amendments, including the First.
    The 2nd amendment does not call for nor allows so called "reasonable restrictions(infringements)". Yes the Supreme Court has ruled otherwise and they are wrong and know it.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links