Sample Letter to Congress - gun bans - Page 2

Sample Letter to Congress - gun bans

This is a discussion on Sample Letter to Congress - gun bans within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Awesome. Just sent my entire staff of House Reps in SC another letter. They responded saying they're not in the office till January 2013. I'll ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sample Letter to Congress - gun bans

Awesome. Just sent my entire staff of House Reps in SC another letter. They responded saying they're not in the office till January 2013. I'll send another one later this week. I should make it a goal to send one every other day.

Exclamation My letter to Congressman Hudson

Slightly modified from the excellent letter I saw already posted...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear Representative Hudson:

Happy New Year! , I hope this letter finds you and your family well and in good spirits.

I have up to this day never taken the opportunity to write an elected representative. I realize now that given the urgency of our times and the egregious actions of some representatives in the House and Senate I am compelled to voice my grave concerns.

The horrors of the Newtown, Connecticut school shootings are continued proof that the 1995 “Gun-Free” School Zones Act is an absolute failure. It has done nothing to preclude gun violence in our schools, on the contrary, it has given the criminally insane the motivation and *opportunity* to shed innocent blood.

Some salient facts for your consideration:

· Mass GFZ shootings have increased 370% since the GFSZA was implemented.
    · Adam Lanza violated 41 separate laws during his shooting spree.
    · Connecticut is in the top 5 of the states with strictest gun laws.
    · Chicago, the city with the strictest gun laws in the nation, racked up a whopping 532 murders in 2012 - more than military deaths in Afghanistan.

More gun control is not the answer. To the contrary, it is proof that it is time to repeal the “Victim Zones” created by the GFSZA. Any further support of GFSZA is a criminal act. We protect our money with armed guards, but allow our most precious "jewels", OUR children to attend schools with no protection whatsoever. This must end....

Anti-gun organizations and morally corrupt politicians are seizing on the opportunity to push for more gun control and trample our constitutional rights. In reality, this push is about controlling “We The People”, not controlling guns.

Governments have been responsible for at least 170 million civilian deaths in the 20th century. It *always* starts with gun registration and control. Do not advance this hellish legacy.

Do NOT allow more gun control. Honor your Oath of Office. Make NO compromises.

Evil always exists – it can only be vanquished with vigilance and due force . Evil cannot be “legislated” away.

I urge you to do three things:

One - Oppose ANY new gun restrictions, in any degree or form. Make Senator Feinstein's unconstitutional restrictions DOA. Shut down all HR bills that attempt any form of control. Do NOT allow Senators McCain and Reid to change the senate rules on filibustering.

Two - Repeal ALL CURRENT Unconstitutional "laws" which infringe on our rights to bear arms. Repeal ineffective, murder-enabling “laws”. Remove the Victim Zones.

Three - Introduce or co-sponsor favorable supporting Second Amendment legislation to reinforce the permanence and constitutionality of the Second Amendment. Inclusive of all the safety recommendations made by the NRA in Wayne Lapierre's speech a few weeks ago.

My community, family, friends and myself will be watching your actions, and will vote, donate and campaign accordingly.

Cives Arma Ferant,

Respectfully,

Richard Seccondro

It's good that you are contacting people. Thanks.

I have done the same. But starting tomorrow I will be contacting my Rep's on the Federal and State level again. I'm TIRED to death of mentioning Sandy Hook, Colorado, etc. Starting tomorrow I will be simplifying it for them...I'll be sending them the ACTUAL words they swore in their oath AND the ACTUAL words of the 2nd Amendment. Maybe they need a reminder.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Exclamation We Must Fight This One

Quote Originally Posted by loach View Post
    --------

. . .In the past I would soften it up as you suggested. It seems that this has gotten us nowhere however. The closed door deals. . .

I'm working off the assumption that it won't be read, probably just tallied. If they do read it, then all the better. I was the voice that in the past would plead, suggest and request. I would send the eloquent politically correct mail. Since they clearly have either arrogantly ignored the will of the people or are too stupid to hear the message, my message is intended to be blunt. Call them, email them. Get your friends to do it too.

Don't be that person on February 15th whining about how their congressperson sold them out and now you have 30 days to register your firearms or become a felon. If we go down, know that at least you went down swinging. Know that you did everything you could do to oppose this unconstitutional effort.
    ====================
    Greetings Loach and all others:

Man, are we ever on the same page. In all my past letters to my elected officials, I have always maintained a more suggestive tone to my letters. Now with these serious attempts at stomping on the constitution and changing or killing all gun rights, I to, have changed my tone.

I did converse during a personal conversation with a person that has been a staffer of one of the officials and he said that it is totally a tally count. But what he said will get their attention is if you promise to make an effort at causing them to lose their seat if they vote against your views. I said that I always figured that it would be assumed otherwise I wouldn't have troubled myself to write the letter.

He said no, that you must make the statement that you will put all effort into retiring him/her at the earliest opportunity. He further stated the only way to gain some concern for this issue is to simply flood the offices with written letters along with email and phone calls and/or FAX's. They have to feel the numbers of folks resisting.

After talking to him the tone in my letters clearly changed, however, always be polite and proper; needless to say don’t make any personal threats etc. The only threats I make is to help vote him/her out.

I did go as far as to blame a lot of the deaths on the lawmakers that made these school zones a "murder-free" zone by passing the very laws that made it so these captive victims could not legally defend their lives. The only legal option they had was to simply wait for their turn at being slaughtered.

And as someone else already stated, now is the time to join any and all pro-gun groups that you can. Of course, the NRA carries the most weight. I know the NRA has done some things that I don't necessarily agree with but we gotta put that aside this time around. This is truly the biggest threat ever launched against gun ownership in this country. And if anyone can kill your rights this President would be the one.

After talking to this staffer I made a personal vow to send one e-mail and one written letter to both my senators and representative each week until this thing comes to a head. Likely to be 10-12 weeks. Folks, if we don't act this time we may never have the chance again.

Let's all pull together and take a few minutes out of each week to help preserve the constitution of this great country.
    loach likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    I have done the same. But starting tomorrow I will be contacting my Rep's on the Federal and State level. . .Starting tomorrow I will be simplifying it for them...I'll be sending them the ACTUAL words they swore in their oath AND the ACTUAL words of the 2nd Amendment. Maybe they need a reminder.
    ========================
    Greetings 8th ID,

I think that is always a good idea to change the angle a little bit. Perhaps we would actually find the spot that develops a keen interest at what is being said. And you are correct, as I hope others keep their state lawmakers in mind also, as I am sure they will be the second wave.

Additionally, when some of the state and federal officials voted the way I wanted I sent them thank you letters for their efforts.

This serves two purposes:
    #1) They know I do appreciate their vote.
    #2) They know I am following up by checking how they actually voted.

+1

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MoreAmmo View Post
    ====================

I did converse during a personal conversation with a person that has been a staffer of one of the officials and he said that it is totally a tally count. But what he said will get their attention is if you promise to make an effort at causing them to lose their seat if they vote against your views. I said that I always figured that it would be assumed otherwise I wouldn't have troubled myself to write the letter.

He said no, that you must make the statement that you will put all effort into retiring him/her at the earliest opportunity. He further stated the only way to gain some concern for this issue is to simply flood the offices with written letters along with email and phone calls and/or FAX's. They have to feel the numbers of folks resisting.

Let's all pull together and take a few minutes out of each week to help preserve the constitution of this great country.
    Thanks for the extra insight and confirmation MoreAmmo. I'm going to modify emails as you suggest and point out that I will everything in my power to remove them from their job.

Sounds like Mitch McConnell is getting a phone call from me tomorrow along the same lines.

I've been sending nearly daily emails to my Senators and Representatives. Time to make my subject line something like "Oppose gun control or LOSE your Job".

Exclamation Senator Diane Feinstein's Senate Bill S.150 Contains The Following

On the 122 pages of Diane Feinstein's latest "gun-control" bill, Senate Bill S.150, you may be surprised to find some important things missing.

Even more surprising was one small item briefly mentioned on page 13 that has not been reported in any "news" coverage I have seen. It's a whopper -- it invalidates her entire list of guns!

The problem on page 13:
    All semi-autos are outlawed, not just some.

Pro-rights and anti-rights attention has been focused on the tremendous list of guns that would be banned under Feinstein's bill, which takes up a significant portion of the 122 pages of this proposal.

Here's the problem none of the "news" reports have spotted:

The list of guns doesn't matter.
    Magazine size doesn't matter.
    If the semi-auto firearm has anything to grip it by, it is banned.
    It's very clever actually.

According to the bill, any semiautomatic firearm that uses a magazine -- handgun, rifle or shotgun -- equipped with a "pistol grip," would be banned. That sounds like a limitation, but it is not.

A pistol grip is defined as "a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip." In other words, the gun list does not matter. It is a smokescreen designed to distract people from the true meaning of the bill. And it has done a magnificent job. It worked!

Any semi-automatic firearm that exists, with anything on it you can grip, is banned. (There is a grandfather clause for old stuff.)

The list is meaningless tripe. It is camouflage for the real purpose of the bill. When the president said he is not going to take away your guns, well, Feinstein's bill puts the lie to that.

Magazine size does not matter. Brand name does not matter. It doesn't matter if it's black. If you can grip it, it's banned under this bill.

Exclamation

As someone else already stated, now is the time to join any and all pro-gun groups that you can. Of course, the NRA carries the most weight. I know the NRA has done some things that I don't necessarily agree with but we gotta put that aside this time around.

This is truly the biggest threat ever launched against gun ownership in this country. And if anyone can kill your rights this President would be the one.

I made a personal vow to send one e-mail and one written letter to both my senators and representative each week until this thing comes to a head. Likely to be 10-12 weeks. Folks, if we don't act this time we may never have the chance again.

Speaking of the NRA, there is one heck of a deal being offered now. The deal is on a Lifetime membership of the NRA. Normally the Lifetime fee is $1000.00. Right now (through the end of February) you can join Lifetime for $300.00.

Face it, $300 won't hardly by a cheap gun these days, it won't even buy much ammo. But it could make it so you will be able to keep your current firearms and use your ammo.

Face it the NRA needs us more than ever. Needless to say, we certainly need them more than ever.

They have a special toll free phone number setup just for this Lifetime offer. This number will take you directly to an English speaking human. The direct toll-free phone number to call exclusively for this NRA Lifetime $300 membership offer is:

888-678-7894 Hours: (EST) M-F 9a-11p, Sat 9a-6p, Sun Noon-9p

I should mention that I have absolutely no financial interest in the IRA, this web site or just about anything else for that matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links