Emailed my representative about gun control today

This is a discussion on Emailed my representative about gun control today within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Like many of you, I can longer sit back and be quiet. I contacted my local rep and used a situation that I am currently ...

Thread: Emailed my representative about gun control today

Emailed my representative about gun control today

Like many of you, I can longer sit back and be quiet. I contacted my local rep and used a situation that I am currently in.

Mr. Kennedy,

Like most people, I am also saddened by the events that unfolded in Newtown, Conn. I am the father of a 7 year old girl and would be devastated if anything like this would happen to her. My hearts go out to the families.

Unfortunately, many politicians are using this tradegy to promote their unconstitutional agenda. They tug on the heart strings of the population instead of using logic to pass their proposals. Gun control laws are already in place and new ones will only make criminals out of law abiding citizens such as myself. We have laws against drunk driving, drugs and rape yet these crimes still occur daily. We need to fix our judicial system before we enact new laws. What good will new laws do if we can't even enforce the ones we currently have in place.

I'm not going to preach to you about the 2nd Amendment but I will use myself as an example for why I feel the need to protect my family. When we moved into our current home we had serious problems with our neighbor. He abused alcohol and constantly harrassed my me and my wife. He would yell insults and threats from his yard. He even threatened to shoot me once. He was arrested three times, twice for trespassing on my property. One time I called police for his trespassing and they told me no officer was available to come out. After much yelling at the dispatch, then sent out multiple officers from a different town. We purchased our firearms shortly after this incident because we felt we could no longer trust the local police department to be there if things turned bad.

It took five long years to remedy the above situation. He still lives there but has been quiet, but we still do not trust him and never will. We both have the license to carry concealed and we both carry in our back yard because we never feel 100% safe. I think that is pretty bad when we can't feel safe in our own yard.

I would like to thank you for taking time to hear the people's voice.

Unfortunately, this will probably fall on deaf ears because he is a Kennedy. But it doesn't hurt to try.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

Links