More on Feinstein's AWB

This is a discussion on More on Feinstein's AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by TX expat Give it a black duracoat job and that thing would look evil! Maybe it' not the "Military Style Rifles" that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: More on Feinstein's AWB

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Give it a black duracoat job and that thing would look evil!
    Maybe it' not the "Military Style Rifles" that turn people into evil and disturbed individuals after all... Maybe it's the Duracoat! Regular black dye would burn off, so they must use the darkness that comes from pure evil...

Somebody needs to call Biden and let him know before he makes a big mistake.
    TX expat likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    It's going to limit my rocket launchers? THAT is a bummer. :):):) Seriously though side 'A' asks for this, side 'B' offers that, and they meet in the middle
    Somehow I don't think we are going to have a very good seat at the table... I suspect Side 'A' is going to look suspiciously like side 'B'. Just look at who was selected for the Biden task force.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwponline View Post
    Maybe it' not the "Military Style Rifles" that turn people into evil and disturbed individuals after all... Maybe it's the Duracoat! Regular black dye would burn off, so they must use the darkness that comes from pure evil...

Somebody needs to call Biden and let him know before he makes a big mistake.
    That darkness is harvested from Diana Feinstein's soul... Or at least that's what I've heard.
    Last edited by TX expat; January 7th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

She has something she has never had, a President who will go along with all of their stupid ideas...... banning, stopping, confiscating, eliminating, stopping, prohibiting, etc.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    IT DOESNT MATTER IF IT PASSES IT IS NOT CONSTITUTIONAL AND THEREFORE HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY. STOP STOP STOP STOP SAYING I HOPE WE DONT LOSE OUR RIGHTS. WE ARE NEVER GOING TO UNLESS THEY ARE STOLEN. WE HAVE A 2ND AMENDMENT FOR A REASON. Thanks I am done emphasizing this point.

WE THE PEOPLE were born with these rights. They were not given and therefore can't be taken away with legislation or executive anything

I am not advocating violence of any kind. They the government are. And they are treading on water with this. Chances are we will not have the sack to fight for our rights and organize as a country. But chances are we might and will and we will overcome. I will stand strongly in my belief that anyone on this forum that will sit here and say "I hope we dont lose our rights" are clueless about our founders and legally binding Bill of Rights and will therefore commit to giving in and becoming a subject to tyranny. I will not change my stance. Period.

Let me clear this up once and for all....

The bill of rights can be stolen, not legislated legitimately, but stolen from us. Just as you have a right to life, a murderer can steal that life from you, unless you defend it ferociously if called upon to do so, but none the less defend it. Hence the 2nd amendments true meaning to defend our liberties from the armed thieves of government thuggery.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    IT DOESNT MATTER IF IT PASSES IT IS NOT CONSTITUTIONAL AND THEREFORE HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY. STOP STOP STOP STOP SAYING I HOPE WE DONT LOSE OUR RIGHTS. WE ARE NEVER GOING TO. WE HAVE A 2ND AMENDMENT FOR A REASON. Thanks I am done emphasizing this point.

WE THE PEOPLE were born with these rights. They were not given and therefore can't be taken away with legislation or executive anything
    Tell that to the people in the UK, Australia, Nazi Germany, etc...

You can believe you were born with whatever you'd like, but unfortunately it just ain't that way. Governments do take away these things; they have taken them from others, and thinking that it can't happen because you were "born with those rights" is naive. You have those rights because you were born in this country (presumably) and it would not be wise to assume that because you've enjoyed these freedoms so far, that they cannot be taken away from you. They can and they are currently making a play for them right now.
    NRA Life Member

Tell that to the people in the UK, Australia, Nazi Germany, etc...

You can believe you were born with whatever you'd like, but unfortunately it just ain't that way. Governments do take away these things; they have taken them from others, and thinking that it can't happen because you were "born with those rights" is naive. You have those rights because you were born in this country (presumably) and it would not be wise to assume that because you've enjoyed these freedoms so far, that they cannot be taken away from you. They can and they are currently making a play for them right now.
    I am not naive, I am far from it. I am trying to rally the idea in peoples head that even if they pass legislation to do so it will have no legal value unless we give in. Stop trying to assume one direction with the above statement.

Let me clear this up once and for all....

The bill of rights can be stolen, not legislated legitimately, but stolen from us. Just as you have a right to life, a murderer can steal that life from you illegitimately, unless you defend it ferociously if called upon to do so, but none the less defend it. Hence the 2nd amendments true meaning to defend our liberties from the armed thieves of government thuggery.

Are we going to lose our right to keep and bear arms through the congress, probably yes, but that doesnt mean we have to let them keep them. Once again I emphasize the true meaning of the second amendment and if you (the general public) want to argue against me on this one then you have no place nor can hold any weight in a discussion of this nature.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

IT DOESNT MATTER IF IT PASSES IT IS NOT CONSTITUTIONAL AND THEREFORE HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY. STOP STOP STOP STOP SAYING I HOPE WE DONT LOSE OUR RIGHTS. WE ARE NEVER GOING TO.
    1) I hope you don't believe the gun banners in office believe they are bound by 2A. Look at what has been done to 4A, 5A, and 10A.

2) The supreme court is pro 2A by a 5 to 4 margin. The last two appointments are very anti 2A. There will likely be 2-3 open seats in the next 4 years. This is the group that will rule on the constitutionality of any legislation.

3) Did they have legal authority to 'violate' 2A in 1934, 1968, 1984, or 1994? They don't think so, they are simply 'regulating' the sale, transfer, and ownership of 'some types' of guns, then they will continue passing legislation that narrows what is allowed.

I agree that the billl of rights is supposed to protect us, but those in power are constantly making statements that reveal they do not share that belief. I hope the coming legislation goes nowhere, that our elected officials remember what happened in 1994, and that freedom and our American way of life prevails - but I'm not going to stand by and just watch.

I'm going to continue to write my representatives, donate to the NRA-ILA, and educate those around me. If legislation does make it through I'll be able to look my kids in the eye and know that I at least tried to do my part. If it doesn't go through I will have helped to send a message that gun owners are a serious political force.

VIP Member
    I am not naive, I am far from it. I am trying to rally the idea in peoples head that even if they pass legislation to do so it will have no legal value unless we give in. Stop trying to assume one direction with the above statement.
    Uh, yeah. You wrote it on a public board. Everyone is going to make assumptions about it based on how they read it.

I do understand what you are saying, but I also realize that if it were to pass and be made into law, it will have legal value unless/until it gets overturned by SCOTUS. Those "sovereign citizens" try to deny "legal" authority regularly and every one of them ends up taking the ride because that just isn't how it works.

I'm in 100% agreement with you that the Second Amendment should prevent this sort of legislation. Our rights should be pretty darn clear, IMO. But my opinion isn't going to amount to much if they can get enough votes to pass these draconian measures.
    NRA Life Member

Uh, yeah. You wrote it on a public board. Everyone is going to make assumptions about it based on how they read it.

I do understand what you are saying, but I also realize that if it were to pass and be made into law, it will have legal value unless/until it gets overturned by SCOTUS. Those "sovereign citizens" try to deny "legal" authority regularly and every one of them ends up taking the ride because that just isn't how it works.

I'm in 100% agreement with you that the Second Amendment should prevent this sort of legislation. Our rights should be pretty darn clear, IMO. But my opinion isn't going to amount to much if they can get enough votes to pass these draconian measures.
    Then you do not get what I am saying in full. Regardless of what passes if we are to preserve the rights that would have been stolen then we must act as a country of patriots and use our 2nd amendment. What more do I need to say? I am losing a grasp at the lack of simplicity that people are having with this topic. I am sure that your AR-15 would make a great deer rifle and sure it would suck if you lost your right to hunt deer, but that is not what is clearly written in black and white and blood in our 2nd amendment.

Look at my sig... "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

So do we roll over and let our liberty die because they pass a law that regulates our arms to the point of flint locks and slingshots? Liberty cant be defended with a single shot blunderbuss now can it? So do we let them take our weapons and our freedoms and then our lives? Or do we let them take our lives but NEVER our freedom and we leave them with our corpse in a pile of brass? Again I am not calling for this action as the right person at the right time will I am sure, however I am simply asking people to remember what the real reason for our 2nd A was and still is intended for.

VIP Member
    Then you do not get what I am saying. Regardless of what passes if we are to preserve the rights that would have been stolen then we must act as a country of patriots and use our 2nd amendment. What more do I need to say? I am losing a grasp at the lack of simplicity that people are having with this topic.
    Ahhh. OK. That's not where I had you going, sorry. Thanks for clarifying.
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links