More on Feinstein's AWB

This is a discussion on More on Feinstein's AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA-ILA | Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22 A snippet: Expands the definition of "assault weapon" by including: --Three very popular ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: More on Feinstein's AWB

VIP Member

More on Feinstein's AWB

NRA-ILA | Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

A snippet:

Expands the definition of "assault weapon" by including:

--Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine, a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS.

--Any "semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds," except for tubular-magazine .22s. [Huh? Isn't a tubular mag a fixed mag, and isn't a .22 a rimfire?)

--Any "semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches," any "semiautomatic handgun with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds," and any semi-automatic handgun that has a threaded barrel

I hope this does not pass. I hope the house republicans stand firm - I understand that flack and the reason why they caved on the fiscal cliff, but there is an absence of such pragmatic concerns here.
    msgt/ret likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    That 30 inch rule is the catch all. Most current rifles are only designed for the curre t 26 INCH rule.

NMB
    So I could just buy a non-threaded barrel and keep the threaded one set aside for when I want to use it?

The lack of understanding of what they are banning is just astounding.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

The magazine capacity restriction is inexplicably senseless. All of this proposed legislation is irrational but restricting magazine capacity to the arbitrary number of ten without any reason as to how that would have an effect on reducing gun violence is particularly absurd.
    cock3dlock3d likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    The magazine capacity restriction is inexplicably senseless. All of this proposed legislation is irrational but restricting magazine capacity to the arbitrary number of ten without any reason as to how that would have an effect on reducing gun violence is particularly absurd.
    But the 1994 HCM ban clearly showed that... umm... it showed that... well, see, what happened was... yeah, I got nothing.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Some people are just stuptarded. And uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Some people are just stuptarded. And uneducated.
    I just added "stuptarded" to my already expansive vocabulary. Thanks!

This proposed ban is absurd on a good day; hopefully the Republicans stand their ground on this one. If Boehner has any scrap of spine left he'll kill it before it even reaches the House floor. But even if they pass the ban on magazines holding more than ten rounds, my buddy had a bright way of looking at it:

"You know, my M60 will still be legal. Because Franken-Feinstein didn't say jack squat about belt-fed semi-automatics."
    cock3dlock3d and sixgun like this.

A Glock 19 doesn't have a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. It has a removable magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. Come to think of it, so does an AR. I'm just sayin'.
    cock3dlock3d and Clodbert like this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

What in the world is a "fixed" magazine?

Removable, yes. Fixed no.

Are they wording this to mean "can accept" a higher capacity magazine? For example my sig can accept a 15 round mag but my Walther can only accept a 7 round mag. Are they saying my sig is on the list or only that I would be required to turn in my 15 round mag but not the gun?

I don't like that wording.

All this is going to accomplish is selling me on the 357 sig conversion kit for my carry and I will carry an extra mag.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    NRA-ILA | Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

A snippet:

Expands the definition of "assault weapon" by including:

--Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine, a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS.

--Any "semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds," except for tubular-magazine .22s. [Huh? Isn't a tubular mag a fixed mag, and isn't a .22 a rimfire?)

--Any "semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches," any "semiautomatic handgun with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds," and any semi-automatic handgun that has a threaded barrel

I hope this does not pass. I hope the house republicans stand firm - I understand that flack and the reason why they caved on the fiscal cliff, but there is an absence of such pragmatic concerns here.
    so they might EVEN try to ban my ruger 1022 REALLY!! The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.What part of shall not be infringed do they not understand.If the get the awb passed.Mark my words they wont stop till the have all are guns.

Re: More on Feinstein's AWB

Quote Originally Posted by cock3dlock3d View Post
    so they might EVEN try to ban my ruger 1022 REALLY!! The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.What part of shall not be infringed do they not understand.If the get the awb passed.Mark my words they wont stop till the have all are guns.
    You are right there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    She is going to ask for everything so when she gives in on one or two little items she can say she compromised and is bipartisan, bla bla bla. Our supreme leader will say because he was reelected in a land slide its what everybody wants, besides its for the children.

Except he did not win in a landslide, and its not about the children, its about control. I think they are asking for way too much and I believe it will cost them. They have pushed it way to far this time!
    Gun Bunny likes this.

VIP Member

More on Feinstein's AWB

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    She is going to ask for everything so when she gives in on one or two little items she can say she compromised and is bipartisan, bla bla bla. Our supreme leader will say because he was reelected in a land slide its what everybody wants, besides its for the children.

Except he did not win in a landslide, and its not about the children, its about control. I think they are asking for way too much and I believe it will cost them. They have pushed it way to far this time!
    I don't care what they are asking for, it's still too much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    They should be working on solving a problem not a control or political issues, the election is over stop campaigning and do what you are suppose to do and protect the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    So I could just buy a non-threaded barrel and keep the threaded one set aside for when I want to use it?

The lack of understanding of what they are banning is just astounding.
    I think the lack of understanding the subject is business as usual. The only difference between this and other bills is our knowledge on the subject. This time we can call them on their BS. They are so misinformed it scares the crap out of me they are in charge of the country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links