White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings

This is a discussion on White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BugDude In one of my letters to our Federal Representatives today, I included the following: "When a country even gives serious consideration ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    In one of my letters to our Federal Representatives today, I included the following:

"When a country even gives serious consideration to trampling the 221 year old Constitutional rights of hundreds of millions of law-abiding citizens because of the lawless actions of a handful of deranged individuals, then you have truly ceased being a government "of the people, by the people, for the people" and have made the full jump to tyrranical dictatorship. Perhaps it is time for our Representatives to collectively make a trip to the National Archives in Washington D.C. and familiaraize themselves with the history of this once great nation and the principles on which it was founded. I understand fully if you need to go to Wikipedia and look up the definition of the word 'Principles.'"
    Well said! I was thinking much the same today, we need to send all representatives back to 6th grade U.S. History class for a glimpse at how and why this country was founded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    I think the Republicans better worry what will happen in 2014 if the gun grabbers get ANYTHING.
    I am afraid it's not 2014 they will need to worry about.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Our government does not fear us...the public. We govern this country. It is a representative Republic. We need to act like it.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

The 'national database' thing jumped right off the page at me.

‘National database’ on gun sales part of Obama anti-gun game plan

The Washington Post is reporting that President Barack Obama is preparing to pull out all the stops in pushing his anti-gun agenda in what the newspaper calls “a far broader and more comprehensive approach” than the Clinton-era ban on semi-autos.

‘National database’ on gun sales part of Obama anti-gun game plan - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

This inspired me to write and send yet another letter. This one directly to Biden. I will also be making slight adjustments to it to send along to my representatives as well as to Boehner, Reid and Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    The 'national database' thing jumped right off the page at me.

‘National database’ on gun sales part of Obama anti-gun game plan

The Washington Post is reporting that President Barack Obama is preparing to pull out all the stops in pushing his anti-gun agenda in what the newspaper calls “a far broader and more comprehensive approach” than the Clinton-era ban on semi-autos.

‘National database’ on gun sales part of Obama anti-gun game plan - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    We need all hands on deck writing letters and increasing memberships to our gun rights organizations!!!! It's not "The Red Coats are coming"...they're already here. And they're firing all of their guns at once (pun intended) in an effort to take ours (while they walk the halls of the hardened capital buildings protected by armed guards, police, and secret service).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Here's my latest letter (in case it helps anyone):

Congressman Bilirakis,
    I am a Financial Executive in Pasco County, FL, and defending our personal right to keep and bear arms is more important today than ever. Ask Sheriff Chris Nocco, the general public is in a war zone due to the crime and violence perpetuated from drugs. I have a wife and two young children who depend on me as their sole provider and protector. The public are so many and the police so few, they cannot protect us. All they can do is collect evidence after a crime is committed. More gun laws will not stop the deranged killers or the criminals. They don't subscribe to the legal process. Limiting the rights of the innocent will not deter the actions of those who are intent on being the guilty.

When you ask the question "who needs a semi-automatic weapon with more than 10 round capacity" consider my friend who is disabled and debilitated by neurological spine issues. In this area, I see reports several nights a week about groups of 4 and 5 armed thugs committing home invasions. Now here sits a man in which a physical struggle could paralyze him or kill him and he has to defend himself and his family from 5 armed thugs. He needs all of the capacity and capability he can get.

Within a few miles of my house a man was murdered in a convenience store that was being robbed by a man armed with a hammer. He hammered an older gentleman to death who was complying with his demands. A woman was robbed at an ATM in daylight by a young man on a bicycle. A man was beaten to death because he would not race a truck load of men in his car at a stop light. They followed him home and beat him to death.

I have personally had to defend myself with a firearm against two drunk men who put a baseball bat through my bedroom window while I was looking at them. And they proceeded to enter my home. I've been there, and the firearm was the only thing that neutralized the threat.

We don't have armed security, police, or go to work every day in hardened buildings with armed guards and metal detectors. I work in a hospital with a Trauma Center and we see the people dying every day at the hands of violent criminals. Law-abiding citizens are on the front lines of this war against evil every day, just trying to survive. Until legislators have walked a mile in our shoes, please do not let them try to tell us what tools we do or don't need to protect ourselves. It's brutal out here. We are counting on you to help us protect ourselves by upholding the principles our founding fathers laid out in the Bill of Rights. Thank you for your time.
    DaveH likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Bottom line --- All it is about is inch by inch they are moving towards banning all weapons in America. They are now working on selling the American public that guns are evil this is the same pitch they used on the smoking issue. As I have stated in other posts the anti gun side have the advantage of getting free assistance from anti gun media outlets. They also have a President on their side that will be going on national TV to pitch what Vice President Biden and the "committee" purpose.

The battle lines have been drawn and our side has to go on offense now waiting anymore is not an option.
    BugDude likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

It's time to plan the largest march and demonstration on the national mall that our country has ever seen. This would be one pro 2A event the MSM could not avoid reporting
    BugDude likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links