A New Theory??

A New Theory??

This is a discussion on A New Theory?? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Talking with several friends about all the Gun Control bills, etc. One topic that we've touched on is: Aside from one day having an all ...

Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By HotGuns
  • 1 Post By HotGuns
  • 1 Post By Crowman

Thread: A New Theory??

  1. #1
    Member Array 8th ID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    488

    A New Theory??

    Talking with several friends about all the Gun Control bills, etc. One topic that we've touched on is: Aside from one day having an all out ban on ALL firearms, in the interim could this new legistlation be just a way of getting more of our $$$ for the Government?

    Can you imagine the amount of money the Fed would get for all the new NFA fees. Mind boggling!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!


  2. #2
    Member Array Clodbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    205
    Icing on the cake.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,085
    But think about how much we will be losing in debt or new taxes to pay for all of the people it is going to take to process registration paperwork, and for the buildings they are going to have to work in, and for the warehouses the papers are going to have to be stored in...

    Not to mention all of the fees we will have to pay for fingerprints, photos, the NFA stamp, and postage

    Also, the post office is going to have to pay temporary letter carriers to handle all of this postal traffic, and since they can't ever seem to make money, they will find a way to lose it in this venture
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array SigPapa226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    588
    Your assuming people will comply. Not sayin, but all won't.

  5. #5
    Member Array 8th ID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Your assuming people will comply. Not sayin, but all won't.
    TRUE!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Your assuming people will comply. Not sayin, but all won't.
    You are right. I think some people will not comply, but I have a feeling that a lot of gun owners will.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

  7. #7
    Member Array 8th ID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    But think about how much we will be losing in debt or new taxes to pay for all of the people it is going to take to process registration paperwork, and for the buildings they are going to have to work in, and for the warehouses the papers are going to have to be stored in...

    Not to mention all of the fees we will have to pay for fingerprints, photos, the NFA stamp, and postage

    Also, the post office is going to have to pay temporary letter carriers to handle all of this postal traffic, and since they can't ever seem to make money, they will find a way to lose it in this venture

    ALL this will go down as 'Job Creation' It's a win-win for the anti-gun crowd!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

  8. #8
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,911
    Lets talk about the NFA. I deal with it..every day

    They were down to 7 examiners. They just recently hired 9 interns as examiners. That makes a total of 16 examiners. Right now....the NFA backlog is somewhere around 35,000 applications for NFA stuff....mostly Suppressors, Short barreled rifles and shotguns.
    The time from receipt to approval is roughly 6 months.

    SIX MONTHS.

    How long do you think it would take for 17 examiners to approve hundreds of millions of applications?

    I'd be willing to bet that at the present rate...it would take YEARS. Even in the traitors in Congress approved additional funds for more examiners...how long do you think it would take for the learning curve?
    KBSR and 8th ID like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Member Array 8th ID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    488
    HotGuns--

    My brother-in-law also has his FFL, etc. and has told me the same. But, I guess they could just hire people to get the unemployment rate down!!!!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Lets talk about the NFA. I deal with it..every day

    They were down to 7 examiners. They just recently hired 9 interns as examiners. That makes a total of 16 examiners. Right now....the NFA backlog is somewhere around 35,000 applications for NFA stuff....mostly Suppressors, Short barreled rifles and shotguns.
    The time from receipt to approval is roughly 6 months.

    SIX MONTHS.

    How long do you think it would take for 17 examiners to approve hundreds of millions of applications?

    I'd be willing to bet that at the present rate...it would take YEARS. Even in the traitors in Congress approved additional funds for more examiners...how long do you think it would take for the learning curve?
    How much you want to bet that the bill will require your paperwork to be approved in, say, 3 months, so that even if you do send it in, you are out of compliance, due to the backlog (which they knew was going to happen). Then, if anyone finds out that you are out of compliance, and you are reported, they can seize your "illegal" gun....
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

  11. #11
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,911
    How much you want to bet that the bill will require your paperwork to be approved in, say, 3 months, so that even if you do send it in, you are out of compliance, due to the backlog (which they knew was going to happen). Then, if anyone finds out that you are out of compliance, and you are reported, they can seize your "illegal" gun....
    Stranger things have happened...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    ALL this will go down as 'Job Creation' It's a win-win for the anti-gun crowd!
    Unless you count the layoffs coming from businesses that will have to close down. I'm thinking of Internet ammo sellers, AR factories, companies that make after-market products, etc. Oh wait..... another "unintended consequence." NOBODY wins if this crap passes - nobody.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

  13. #13
    Member Array 8th ID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Unless you count the layoffs coming from businesses that will have to close down. I'm thinking of Internet ammo sellers, AR factories, companies that make after-market products, etc. Oh wait..... another "unintended consequence." NOBODY wins if this crap passes - nobody.
    Fienstein wins if this crap passes.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

  14. #14
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,911
    Oh wait..... another "unintended consequence." NOBODY wins if this crap passes - nobody.
    You're wrong.

    The Socialists win. Thats what they have wanted all along. The Marxists win. The Communists win. The Muslim Brotherhood wins. George Soros wins.
    8th ID likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    It's not about money it's all about banning all weapons in America. They are going about it as if peeling an onion. They are peeling our weapons rights away a layer at a time to achieve their goal. If anyone needs proof just check history(including American history). The time has come for our side to come out full bore..........

    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the pursuit of justice is
    no virtue."

    --Senator Barry Goldwater 1964

    "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."
    --Rudyard Kipling

    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but
    because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    -- Albert Einstein
    8th ID likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

carry gun theory

,

gun legislation theory

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors