Letter to House Speaker Boehner

This is a discussion on Letter to House Speaker Boehner within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just sent this to Speaker Boehner through his website. Please feel free to plagiarize as you believe appropriate for communicating with your elected representatives. "Dear ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Letter to House Speaker Boehner

Just sent this to Speaker Boehner through his website. Please feel free to plagiarize as you believe appropriate for communicating with your elected representatives.

"Dear Mr. Speaker,

Congratulations on your re-election to Speaker of the House! In my opinion you are doing a fantastic job in the most trying of circumstances; I applaud your actions to counter the assaults on liberties that progressive elements of our government are pursuing. Thank you!

I am writing you because I am seriously concerned that our fundamental right to keep and bear arms will be infringed by legislation which is about to be introduced by elected representatives such as Diane Feinstein, et al. It is deplorable that these individuals would use a tragedy such as Newtown to further their political agenda by attempting to invoke ineffective legislation which clearly will not prevent the next mass shooting. The fact that they are willing to surrender my rights in these circumstances speaks succinctly to their ethical and moral constitution.

Mr. Speaker, I implore you to bring to bear all the power your office holds to stop this needless assault on the Second Amendment. To this end I offer the following suggestions: (1) appoint committee leaders and members who will refuse to consider gun control bills or who will prevent these bills from emerging out of their committees, (2) since you control the House agenda do not schedule debate on any gun control bill which, through unforeseen circumstances, is approved by committee, (3) please take all necessary actions to ensure Republicans and Democrats who are friendly to the Second Amendment will remain united during the coming onslaught, and (4) consider applying government resources to establish a public relations campaign aggressively countermanding that being embarked upon by President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Reid, House Minority Leader Pelosi, et al. I believe it's high time the general public hear our side of the story!

Lastly, I firmly believe that the best defense is a good offense. It may therefore be an opportune time to introduce legislation which establishes national reciprocity for concealed carry permits or which outlaws gun free school zones.

We did not choose this fight but are brought to it by the unfortunate actions of some elected officials who are using the Newtown tragedy to further their agendas. Now that the ball has been opened, though, I will commit my energy and resources to ensure an outcome favorable to the Second Amendment.

Thank you for considering my views. May God bless you, your family, and the United States of America.

Best regards,..."
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Good on you. Well written. Thanks for letting us use it. I will send my copy/version today.

email sent. Address: http://www.speaker.gov/contact
    Last edited by SigPapa226; January 6th, 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: update

Good one. Thanks
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Great thank you for sharing will send as well.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I am not for reciprocity because since it still is a liscening issue that is a states right to determine. I do not want the Federal gov involved in any legislation that affect states rights.
    tangoseal likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    We did not choose this fight but are brought to it by the unfortunate actions of some elected officials who are using the Newtown tragedy to further their agendas. Now that the ball has been opened, though, I will commit my energy and resources to ensure an outcome favorable to the Second Amendment.

Right on! I love the subtle warning message you placed in that statement.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

@tangoseal:we agree on something?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    Sent your letter to him, but ommited the part on National reciprocity.
    That is up to the states to haggle over.
    There is nothing in Federal law that says my Mi. Drivers liscense must be honored by all the other states.
    It just is.
    All the rest of your letter is terrific!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Too bad he doesn't have a spine.

Stick A Fork In Him.................he's done.......IMO.

Good letter except the bold face lies of the first paragraph. At least in my opinion. As I've stated elsewhere, my pet jellyfish has a stiffer spine. That said, since he did get re-elected as Speaker, we have to rally the troops to get behind him and get them all to stand up for the Constitution.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am not for reciprocity because since it still is a liscening issue that is a states right to determine. I do not want the Federal gov involved in any legislation that affect states rights.
    I don't see the correlation. Fed permits were not suggested. States having to honor the permits from other states is what was suggested. Same as your driver's license.
    Sarge65 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I don't see the correlation. Fed permits were not suggested. States having to honor the permits from other states is what was suggested. Same as your driver's license.
    Where does in the Constitution does it say that a lsicense needs to be honored across state lines? Nurses have to get a new liscense when they work in a different state. (note, I di dnot say they live in that state so there is no drivers liscense analogy) Same sex marriage iscenses are not recognized either

Suntzu and others make a good point about national reciprocity but the salient point is that we need to get off the X and take the political fight to them. We were knocked off balance by recent events and must recover as quickly as possible to prevent them from further exploiting a real tragedy.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Where does in the Constitution does it say that a lsicense needs to be honored across state lines? Nurses have to get a new liscense when they work in a different state. (note, I di dnot say they live in that state so there is no drivers liscense analogy) Same sex marriage iscenses are not recognized either
    By that logic no one would be licensed to drive across state lines without first obtaining an out of state drivers license. That is as foolish for a the requirement for out of state CCW license.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links