White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation. - Page 3

White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation.

This is a discussion on White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by yz9890 sent them this quick note a minute ago; "Please understand that my family and I will take our business elsewhere if ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    sent them this quick note a minute ago;

"Please understand that my family and I will take our business elsewhere if Walmart makes any changes in its firearm and/or ammunition policy in response to any of the current political pressure. We have a couple of alternative places to shop at that aren't much farther away that would be happy to get the substantial amount of money we spend each month.

Thanks,"
    Just to clarify, the article isn't about Wal-Mart changing their own policies. They are looking to recruit Wal-Mart for support purposes by dangling the carrot that it would help their sales to do so. It might be worth noting that you will not shop there if Wal-Mart supports any legislation that restricts the Second Amendment.
    finst3r and Jetfuelrm like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I sent this to corporate:

"It has come to my attention that the current administration in Washington is or may place pressure on Walmart to stop its support of our Constitutional rights, namely the Second Amendment. I implore you to stand by freedom-loving Americans and tell Washington to back off. Support our rights to defend ourselves from all threats, foreign AND domestic. I have given Walmart a great deal of my business and I will continue to do so as long as you maintain your current policy and continue to stock firearms and ammunition. Thank you."

I think it is the President's plan to give companies like Walmart tax breaks to stop selling guns and ammo.

I do not think Obama will outlaw guns as a whole. I think he has his eyes on government armories like state run ABC liquor stores. Having the worlds largest retailer give up a complete product line would make that much easier. By doing this the FEDERAL government would have complete control over background checks, sales, registration, etc. This would also completely do away with the differences between state laws. NO MORE GUN SHOPS.

Socialized health care
    Socialized gun control
    Socialized tax policies

SEE THE PATTERN HERE.........

VERY SCARY

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    Their logic is that if less people went to gun shows, more would shop at retailers.
    I truly believe your location

Actually I worked at a gun shop that was on one of the main roads leading to the location of the local monthly gun show; we always had an extra man working those weekends due to the increased traffic/sales generated.

VIP Member
    Here's what I just shot off to Wal-Mart:

A recent article in the Washington Post, which brought up Wal-Mart by name, has me concerned both as a stockholder and as a customer. Here is a link to the article:

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

This article mentions that the current administration will try to illicit support for gun control legislation from retailers like Wal-Mart, with promises of increased sales due to legislative changes.

As a stockholder and a customer, this greatly concerns me because this sort of legislation would have no positive effect on any criminal action and it would most certainly create a rift between Wal-Mart and a large percentage of its customer base.

If the current administration does seek any sort of endorsment for this kind of legislation from Wal-Mart, I would urge Wal-Mart to hold the rights of its customer base as a greater priority over the wants of political party.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Just to clarify, the article isn't about Wal-Mart changing their own policies. They are looking to recruit Wal-Mart for support purposes by dangling the carrot that it would help their sales to do so. It might be worth noting that you will not shop there if Wal-Mart supports any legislation that restricts the Second Amendment.
    That is exactly how I worded my letter; hit them now with our intentions before they have time to even think about it.

Senior Moderator
    This is all I have to say to you. I work security for Walmart. We recently had a man try to buy a gun in our store and get denied, no reason given. Man then grabbed an axe and went on a small rampage, once we arrested him and the troopers took him they attempted to find out why he was denied, no go, they could not find that information. I don't believe it's a registration system, I just believe it's greatly flawed.

This is all I have to say to you. I dont work security...I'm the guy that throws them in the back of the car in a pair of cuffs and takes them to jail. Do you really think that the NICS is NOT registration? Prove it to me. That NICS check didnt prevent the man from grabbing an ax and going on a rampage did it? So he got denied...so what? Cops cant find out why a person was denied, they have no more access to the system than you are I do. Just what exactly is a registration system to you?

Its not a gun registration system. Its a gun owner registration system. When the day comes, do you think they'll care what guns you own? Great flawed?
    You'd better beleive it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Irrelevant. I'm not ok that one single American gives up the most tiny piece of their liberty for the false illusion of security. I'm not ok that a gun owner thinks NCIS checks Are acceptable. It should be plain for everyone to understand...either you are on the side of this constitutional fight for gun rights or you are working to restrict and limit gun ownership. We stand and fight together or we fight each other, it does not get any more simple than that.
    I may have said this before but I have no problem with someone proving they are able to safely handle a firearm before ownership. Whether it's a class or simply some range time in front of an instructor that can attest that he or she can handle it properly. I don't find that irrational at all. The NCIS checks are simply flawed. Regardless of whether you think it's a registration system or whatnot, there are things that are left out or don't get checked that wouldn't be a bad idea to check IMO. I don't find that irrational.

What the anti 2A people see from looking on the internet is a bunch of people who want everyone regardless of history to walk into a store and walk out with a gun and 500 rounds of ammo. That is what they see or think they are seeing when you oppose background checks and things that might just frustrate someone enough to give up their hunt for vengeance on their ex-wife or whatnot. Yeah we all know they can probably go out on the corner in the shady part of town and get a gun easily. That's not the point here. The point is, when you oppose everything without discussion, you are viewed as a loon by certain groups. Have enough opposition to their side and they think everyone is a nut. That's how generalizations come about.

I'm not saying restrictions are good, but to be perfectly honest there ARE certain groups of people who just aren't responsible enough or have the proper mental state to handle the great responsibility of firearm ownership.
    Hopyard likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Obama and his ilk have spend years running down Wal-Mart for their anti-union stance. Now they expect them to be buddies? But, I'm afraid it could happen. I don;t know how much of Wal-Mart's business if firearms related.

In some areas of the country Walmart is the only major store available in reasonable distance. People do all their shopping there and that includes some hunting supplies(firearms, ammo, etc). I think firearms restrictions could have a large impact on them, but not particularly in the EBR/handgun category.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Walmart's response follows. Not encouraging.

Thank you for your inquiry. There are a lot of views on this topic and the country is about to engage in a national conversation about the sale and regulation of certain firearms.

In areas of the country where we sell firearms, we have a long standing commitment to do so safely and responsibly. Over the years we’ve tried very hard to find the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly.

We will be paying attention to this important conversation like everyone else in America. We hope Congress and the Administration will reach a consensus on the right path forward in this area.

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post

Thank you for your inquiry. There are a lot of views on this topic and the country is about to engage in a national conversation about the sale and regulation of certain firearms.

In areas of the country where we sell firearms, we have a long standing commitment to do so safely and responsibly. Over the years we’ve tried very hard to find the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly.

We will be paying attention to this important conversation like everyone else in America. We hope Congress and the Administration will reach a consensus on the right path forward in this area.

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Care
    I was gonna post my response I got back... but that is exactly what they sent me.

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Care
    Email center starts getting flooded, Customer relations panics.
    Someone in Corporate responds.

Translated:
    QUICK !!
    Someone say something generic, while we figure this out !!!
    WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ?!?!?! , mentioning us by name?
    CALL SOMEONE ABOUT IT NOW !

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Care
    what does the part about "hunters and sportsmen" tell you?
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    what does the part about "hunters and sportsmen" tell you?
    "you don't need an AR15 to hunt with"
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links