White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation.

This is a discussion on White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association: Source says the administration could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation.

White House trying to rally WalMart and others for gun control legislation.

White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association:

Source says the administration could include rallying support from Wal-Mart
    and other gun retailers for measures under the guise of increasing their business.

LINK

Maybe a few emails to Wally-World are in order?

Fin
    SigPapa226 and nerdyvirgin like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Interesting. Well I seem to be at the computer writing often anyway, letting Wal-Mart know how I feel about their involvement in any gun legislation won't take much time at all.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

NMB
    Some of this stuff I support, its good to see they arent trying to push one big bill, but many smaller ones. Hopefully the extreme stuff will be filtered out (an AWB).

I support improving the way in which information gets into NCIC. That information network should be broad and instantaneous. Just doing that in and of itself would have stopped VT or at least prevented the shooter from buying his handgun legally. Same with Aurora.

Lets work within our current system.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Wal-Mart would never dare interfere with the long standing tradition of the "walk." lol

With that being said i'll surely send them something voicing my concerns. It's only right cause they send me, oh, about ten emails on a normal day...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    Some of this stuff I support, its good to see they arent trying to push one big bill, but many smaller ones. Hopefully the extreme stuff will be filtered out (an AWB).

I support improving the way in which information gets into NCIC. That information network should be broad and instantaneous. Just doing that in and of itself would have stopped VT or at least prevented the shooter from buying his handgun legally. Same with Aurora.

Lets work within our current system.
    Wow. How easily and with so little care folks are willing to give up their rights amazes me. There should not be any background checks. It's just a feel good measure that infringes on the rights of the law abiding.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    How exactly is this better? One large bill would be shot down immediately, and if not, it would be easy to repeal later. Having a load of bills to fight is more work, less chance of success, and harder to fight if they pass.
    Clodbert, BkCo1 and mcgyver210 like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

For anyone interested, you can contact walmart corporate here

https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

NMB
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Wow. How easily and with so little care folks are willing to give up their rights amazes me. There should not be any background checks. It's just a feel good measure that infringes on the rights of the law abiding.
    So youre ok with criminals and the mentally ill being able to buy guns without a background check? (NOT talking about private sales here)

Im not calling for taking anything away, im saying get the info thats already supposed to be in the check in there!
    Hopyard likes this.
    NRA Member

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

NMB
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    How exactly is this better? One large bill would be shot down immediately, and if not, it would be easy to repeal later. Having a load of bills to fight is more work, less chance of success, and harder to fight if they pass.
    I think its better because with the current political climate, there may be enough momentum to push a big bill through. Registering semi automatics with NFA sounds crazy on its own, but tossed in with 20 other things, it could be accepted.
    NRA Member

- C.S. Lewis

I think "divide and conquer" is indeed the strategy of those pushing gun control. I'm sure we've all heard people who generally support the Second Amendment say things like "but people don't really need assault weapons for hunting." So, by identifying how many people support each incremental step they want to take, they can better estimate their chances for success. That's why I joined the NRA, in addition to some of my state-based firearms organizations.
    Doghandler likes this.

How could gun control legislation increase a retailer's business? Are retailers dumb enough to believe that?

NMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    How could gun control legislation increase a retailer's business? Are retailers dumb enough to believe that?
    Their logic is that if less people went to gun shows, more would shop at retailers.
    NRA Member

- C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    So youre ok with criminals and the mentally ill being able to buy guns without a background check? (NOT talking about private sales here)

Im not calling for taking anything away, im saying get the info thats already supposed to be in the check in there!
    Well if you are NOT talking about private party sales then what exactly are you talking about? EVERY FFL does NICS checks because by law they have to. So where exactly do you see some benefit? Criminals are already flagged in NICS. Mentally ill people that have some documented history that would disallow them from owning firearms are already flagged in NICS.

Of course the mentally ill are a tricky group because plenty of them are not documented on any governmental level. Privacy rights interfere with little things like that.
    soonershoote, BkCo1 and phreddy like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post

Email sent.

Their logic is that if less people went to gun shows, more would shop at retailers.
    there are scheduled shows already being canceled

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post

I have done this twice over the past few weeks. And mentioned places like CTD & Dick=s as being scape goats.

Stop and think for a moment. These are the same doomass people that tried to prevent the new buzz-word "Fiscal Cliff" from taking place. But through all their effort we still went over it, and we are still about to hit the rocky bottom.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links