White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

This is a discussion on White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Read an article in the Denver (Com)post about White House trying to get support from Walmar to get around NRA on gun control.... To sell ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Echo_Four

Thread: White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

Read an article in the Denver (Com)post about White House trying to get support from Walmar to get around NRA on gun control....

To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses.

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

I have sent an e-mail and will send the same via snail mail tomorrow telling them if they cooperate with the Obama administration in ANY way or form of gun control I will never enter their stores again and neither will millions of other freedom loving gun owners.

Let's bombard them NOW before they have a chance to even think about it

https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

Well, if they cave, it will be yet another reason to hate Walmart
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Similar/same story on my local news website:

The Obama administration is considering a broad array of measures to curb the nation's gun violence, including more than just a reinstatement of a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition.

Citing multiple people involved in the administration's discussions, The Washington Post reports a working group led by Vice-President Joe Biden is seriously considering several measures.

Among them are universal background checks for firearm buyers, tracking the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthening mental health checks, and stiffening penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors.

The report says to push these measures through Congress, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Just stop shopping there and let them sink..........

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Just stop shopping there and let them sink..........
    That's all. I've been done shopping at walmart for a while now.

We'll have to get our LGS's to start carrying groceries and other items so that we can do all of our shopping there. Maybe they can band together to get group discounts, kind of like the Independent Grocers Alliance.

"Honey, would you stop at the gun store and pick up a gallon of milk and 50 rounds of ammo?"

Emailed them. Thanks for the post.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    Thanks for the link, I just sent WM my letter
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Email sent to Wally World..............
    John Luttrell

“They are very clearly committed to looking at this issue comprehensively,” said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, who has been involved in the discussions. The proposals under consideration, he added, are “a deeper exploration than just the assault-weapons ban.”

They have a cooperative President, and are going to do their best to go for the "gold" . ........

They "think" ..... have to buy ammo face-to-face, and no internet sales of guns, ammo, etc..... will improve walk in customers and sales for their businesses. And they can control local pricing, etc. as well to their advantage.

We can see where this is going .... in a flashback hurry.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Friends, don't let Obama's plans get you to turn on a company that has never done anything wrong (as far as gun issues are concerned). The article is pointing out that Wal Mart won't push against requiring background checks at gun shows or for person to person transfers because it won't hurt them. In truth, it in no way will involve them. That would be like saying that Mothers Against Drunk Drivers won't fight against requiring oil companies to get permits before they drill. They don't connect in any way. This was released specifically in a hope to get us all fighting with one another so that we wouldn't be too worried when a provision hurt one of the camps that we aren't associated with.

In reality, Wal Mart is going to be pushing hard to fight the ban on modern rifles. They sell more M4 style rifles than most would believe. They don't want to lose that revenue stream and will fight the government trying to take it from them. They aren't going to fight things that don't concern them. That isn't because they don't care, it is because they need to reserve their energy and resources for the items that have a direct impact on them.
    John Luttrel likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Links