Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban - Page 2

Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

This is a discussion on Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rigel42 I have a few Democrat friends. Sorry........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I have a few Democrat friends.
    Sorry.....

Clodbert, rigel42 and Doodle like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I imagine any that have are the one who have an old rusty revolver stored away somewhere--if only they can remember where they last saw it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The attitude in the previous posts are a HUGE problem. Laugh of Feinstein all you want and pretend the numbers are in her head but ya know what...digging up a few thousand gun owners who agree with an AWB and getting rid of the so called "gun show" loophole are not hard to find. Instead of laughing it off maybe the NRA and GOA should be using some of our membership money and start getting on the air refuting her comments and explaining exactly what her legislation will do.

I for one do not think it is a joke and and scratcthing my head why on earth we are not hearing anything from Mr. LaPierre.

We are going to lose this fight the way it is going. Hyperbole and lack of face time on TV by gun orgs is going to doom us all.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Are they all members of the American Hunters and Shooters Association, by any chance?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The attitude in the previous posts are a HUGE problem. Laugh of Feinstein all you want and pretend the numbers are in her head but ya know what...digging up a few thousand gun owners who agree with an AWB and getting rid of the so called "gun show" loophole are not hard to find. Instead of laughing it off maybe the NRA and GOA should be using some of our membership money and start getting on the air refuting her comments and explaining exactly what her legislation will do.

I for one do not think it is a joke and and scratcthing my head why on earth we are not hearing anything from Mr. LaPierre.

We are going to lose this fight the way it is going. Hyperbole and lack of face time on TV by gun orgs is going to doom us all.
    I think that'll be the job of the 'pro-gun' legislators. The gun orgs are always going to be seen as bias, for better or for worse. To paraphrase Mr. LaPierre, the only thing that will stop a bad politician with an agenda is a good politician with an agenda. Ultimately it's going to come down to votes. Right now they are doing a lot of "write your leaders now" types of stuff and everybody should be taking that to heart. We need to be the one's being active right now.

I am also all for them getting in front of people and refuting the anti-gun rhetoric, but much like their timing during the initial incident, I think they have to choose their time wisely. Too soon and they risk looking like chicken little. Too late and obviously they risk much worse. One thing you have to consider is Diana, and her ilk, don't have to pay for their airtime. All they have to do is open the doors and call in their minions. Anything done by the NRA is going to have to be measured against the positive effect it may have, because they will be spending our money on it.
    Doghandler likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

I see your point, but personally, I would rather not see Wayne LaPierre on TV butting heads with Piers Morgan or any other misinformed idiot. I prefer that my money is spent where it counts, like in lobbying. Because no matter what is said here, on the street corner, by the water fountain, or wherever and by whomever, Washington is where the action is.
    ctr likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I understand the sentiment, but I think it's part of helping make her look as ridiculous as we think she is.

My bet on LaPierre is that he's working behind the scenes with the people he knows have the power to make something happen (or not happen). Most of politics happens behind closed doors. What we see is just the show that they want us to see.

I look at it this way: gun orgs can lobby all day long but in the long run they will look at the polls and if they perceive that the 2A will not be a hot button issue for the next election they will vote for passage of bills that satisfy the middle of the road crowd. (Hi cap mags, AWB, gun show loophole). The problem is gun orgs have not spent the time nor the money or a constant campaign to the national audience on what the 2A means and what gun rights are.

It should be akin to the No drinking and Driving campaigns, no smoking campaigns. If the message is not heard constantly it is forgotten.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    I look at it this way: gun orgs can lobby all day long but in the long run they will look at the polls and if they perceive that the 2A will not be a hot button issue for the next election they will vote for passage of bills that satisfy the middle of the road crowd. (Hi cap mags, AWB, gun show loophole). The problem is gun orgs have not spent the time nor the money or a constant campaign to the national audience on what the 2A means and what gun rights are.

It should be akin to the No drinking and Driving campaigns, no smoking campaigns. If the message is not heard constantly it is forgotten.
    I agree, however drinking and driving and no smoking campaigns both receive state and/or federal money to promote their message. It's a lot easier to do when you have that going for you.
    suntzu likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I agree, however drinking and driving and no smoking campaigns both receive state and/or federal money to promote their message. It's a lot easier to do when you have that going for you.
    Unless that starts I predict there will be more legislation in the future. See my thread about this:Problems countering new gun legislation
    TX expat likes this.

Re: Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

Agree. I posted in another forum on a similar topic that we need an education campaign to teach the public who don't know about guns the real facts. As an example, someone I was speaking to about sandy hook whose husband is an avid hunter didn't realize his rifle is a "semi automatic" just w 4 rounds.

VIP Member
    Unless that starts I predict there will be more legislation in the future. See my thread about this:Problems countering new gun legislation
    It'll never happen, but boy would that be a hoot to see the reactions of the anti-gun crowd if some state would stand up and start a "arm yourself for your own good" campaign. I'd probably start packing the house and getting ready for a move to whatever state had the stones to do it!
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by norb5150 View Post
    Some one who claims to be Pro-gun but supports or is in favor of any firearm regulation is a hypocrite to say the least.

^It's very similar^^^^^^^^^^

to someone who favors abortion, yet tells you they love children.

I would not tell someone they cannot have one, but I don't believe I should have to pay for one for them.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    My original intention with this post was to highlight the free ride the anti-gunners get from the press, unchecked, without regard to facts. Fast and Furious gets executive privilege. Holder gets to sit on the blue ribbon committee with Biden and other haters. Obama can announce, on his free-of-charge coverage on all channels the evils of black guns, hi-cap mags and law-abiding citizens with AK's, yet LaPierre is lambasted by friend and foe alike when he asserts that there is a lot more to it than the tools themselves. If Feinstein has thousands of supporters in the gun owning community, let's hear from some of them. If polls show across-the-board support for an AWB/Hi-cap ban, show us the actual poll questions, and the results. Their assertions go unchallenged, while our spokesmen get pilloried.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member

^^I would tend to agree with this^^^^^^^^^^^
    with the exception of how they would lobby for the passage of bills to satisfy middle of the road.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links