Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

This is a discussion on Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I knew she was a liar before that statement.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

VIP Member
    I knew she was a liar before that statement....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by norb5150 View Post
    Some one who claims to be Pro-gun but supports or is in favor of any firearm regulation is a hypocrite to say the least.
    I totally agree, you either are Pro-Gun or you are in favor of some form of firearm regulations. You can't have both.
    Doodle likes this.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I for one do not think it is a joke and and scratching my head why on earth we are not hearing anything from Mr. La Pierre.
    Until the bill is actually introduced, there's nothing to debate or refute without appearing paranoid. Fienstien: " That's not what I said" "That's not what I want"

" Tilting at Windmills"
    wdbailey likes this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Produce the list, and their comments..... I am not buying it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

What she is doing is a bold faced lie. See, she goes out and says that a "vast majority" of gun owners support her legislation. She knows its not true. It's a tactic used many times in the past.
    If you can get your advisories to question their stand on an issue, you win.
    What she is doing is planting a seed of doubt in the media and in the minds of non gun owners.
    People are being conditioned to think that if gun owners are on board, it must be a good piece of legislation. There is no one calling her out to provide the statistics to back up her claim.
    She is generalizing and the media is running with it. There is no opposing voice. No one to stand up and say that she is wrong.
    More than ever, we need a spokesman who will and can counter her hyperbole. To refute her facts.
    Doghandler likes this.

I'd love to see her and Ted Nugent have a discussion on TV regarding this...
    Doghandler likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'd love to see her and Ted Nugent have a discussion on TV regarding this...
    This is Teds letter to Joe!

NUGENT: Open letter to Joe Biden on guns

‘Gun control’ won’t save lives

Joe,

Congratulations on your appointment to lead a presidential commission to end gun-related violence.

As a National Rifle Association board member, husband, father, grandfather, law enforcement officer and genuinely concerned American, I too want nothing more than to see evil, senseless massacres stopped. I concur with the president and caring people everywhere: It’s time to end these slaughters.

As you gather your team to study massacres and how to stop them, I offer to you my services and a lifetime of expertise on guns in all their implementations. While I strongly differ with President Obama on many issues, I agree with him that we must work with all we can possibly muster to end these tragedies.

As you begin to formulate your thoughts on how to proceed with your task, I hope your starting point is to provide the president with the facts regarding these slaughters and to offer him common-sense recommendations that are void of a political agenda and will actually make a meaningful difference. If the American people smell a political agenda here, that will only bog down our efforts.

In the spirit of goodwill and a deep desire to end gut-wrenching, incredibly sad and senseless rampages, I offer you the following recommendations:

I encourage you to persuade the president to lead this effort by providing a number of public service announcements. The announcements should include watching out for each other, encouraging parents to be more involved in their children’s lives regarding entertainment choices, and knowing various indicators we should watch for in people who are unstable.

Clearly, the focus on solving these mass murders must be on the mentally ill. In almost every instance of mass killing, there were ample red flags and warning alarms that either were avoided or were not acted upon by mental health professionals, family members, friends and acquaintances. While I deeply respect an individual’s privacy and civil liberties, the American people need basic awareness of what indicators to look for regarding potentially violent, psychotic people. Our collective safety begins with being collectively vigilant.

You will find in your assessment that all of the massacres have occurred in gun-free zones. What gun-free zones create is an environment where good people are unarmed and virtually defenseless against an unstable person intent on committing mass murder. Gun-free zones are modern killing fields. I implore you to recommend that Congress pass a law to ban gun-free zones immediately.

Just like your full-time, armed security detail, qualified citizens with authorized, legal concealed-carry permits should be able to carry weapons virtually everywhere to protect themselves, their loved ones and innocents.

I also implore you to strongly consider recommending that trained school officials have access to weapons to protect students. Just as airline pilots may have access to a weapon to prevent another Sept. 11 mass murder, school officials also should be trained to stop shooting sprees at our schools.

I don’t encourage you to recommend a ban on any weapon, magazine capacity or type of ammunition. That won’t accomplish anything other than prevent the 99.9 percent of responsible, law-abiding Americans from enjoying these modern weapons as we do now. We should never recommend or develop public policy that restricts the rights of the good guys based upon what evil people do or might do. If that were the case, alcohol still would be banned. As you may know, drunk drivers kill an estimated 12,000 Americans each year and hurt tens of thousands more.

I encourage you also to keep this misnamed “gun violence” in perspective. While all deaths are tragic, the vast majority of gun-related murders and violence are committed by gang members who do not use guns that look like — but do not perform like — military assault weapons. The majority of crimes that involve a firearm are committed with handguns. I concurred with you back in 2008 when you stated, “If [Mr. Obama] tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.” I trust you still maintain those sentiments.

Again, I offer you my services and a lifetime of expertise. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ted Nugent

I think he would do a great job!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    She is like most left wingers, she has lied so much, she now believes her own lies. Maybe she is on wacky weed, it is readily available in Crazyfornia's pot stores.
    soonershoote likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Unfortunately her district is as left wing as she is.
    So she, or the next blithering idiot that follows is going nowhere
    Jeanlouise and soonershoote like this.

Unfortunately there are gun owners among us that just don't get it!

To paraphrase a well known saying:

First they came for the hi-capacity magazines,
    and I didn't speak out because I didn’t have any hi-capacity magazines.
    Then they came for the “assault rifles”,
    and I didn't speak out because I didn’t have an “assault rifle”.
    Then they came for the semi-auto pistols,
    and I didn't speak out because I didn’t have a semi-auto pistol.
    Then they came for the revolvers,
    and I didn't speak out because I didn’t have a revolver.
    Then they came for the “sniper rifles”,
    and I didn't speak out because I didn’t have a “sniper rifle”.
    Then they came for my shotgun,
    and there was no one left to speak for me.

And I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale too.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Until the bill is actually introduced, there's nothing to debate or refute without appearing paranoid. Fienstien: " That's not what I said" "That's not what I want"

" Tilting at Windmills"
    Absolutely agree. The left are masters at manipulation of the media and will deny and lie in order to get their agenda across.

Let's see what the bill says after it's presented, then go after it full force.

However, we should never, never again allow a bill to be passed "before we see what's in it" like the AHC bill was. That's the main thing I worry about where the Libs are concerned. It's been done once so it could happen again.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Funny though she didn't mentioned the Hundred of Thousands that object to it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Funny though she didn't mentioned the UNCOUNTED MILLIONSthat object to it.
    Fixed it for you.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Re: Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

Wouldn't surprise me actually. There's a forum dedicated to and self proclaimed as the liberal shooters/gun enthusiasts forum. I saw it while perusing the firearms forums on the Android Tapatalk app. Calls itself a forum for shooters whom are liberal minded. That and the Californian firearms Forum.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links